Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4th Consecutive Generation of Service to our Nation

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    BWBill, I thought you said one time your captain was named J.P. Jones and the ship was the something Richard!
    Ole Jack
    Just because one cruise was done a sailor just moves on to the next ship available.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    Congratulation to him and to you Bruce. This post made me think -- my son is presently a SSGT in the USAF. My generation was limited to my brief service in the USMCR; my dad was a USAAC/USAAF/USAF veteran of WW2 and Korea (invited back for Vietnam but declined the honor); my mother's dad was an Army veteran of WW1. So that's four generations, but not linear....
    Paul

Boolit Master

Graduation for Private Daniel Drake from Army Basic Training was yesterday at Fort Jackson SC. He shot Expert with the M4 Carbine and received his National Defense Service Medal. He'll get an Army Service Ribbon at the conclusion of his Advanced Individual Training at Ft. Lee VA. He will be a 92F Bulk Fuel Handler in the Army Reserves out of Franklin IN while he attends college at Indiana University or my alma mater, IUPUI. He also plans to sign up for ROTC when he returns to Indiana in November.
    He already intends to go to Airborne Training once he is done with his MOS schools. I told him to do it as an ROTC Cadet as his Reserve Unit probably doesn't have any P-coded positions to fund his training.

He's also 18 as of two days ago so he's got a lot of good things ahead of him. He'll probably out-rank me one day and I'm fine with that. Every Generation has gone forward a little bit more each time. Perhaps there will be a Colonel Drake in 2035 seeing his son (or my grand-daughter) graduate from their choice of military service for the 5th generation in a row.

Bruce

PS - yes, I have a lot of grey hair...but my American Legion shirt makes me quite handsome...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dj at graduation.jpg  
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club