Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: 10.4 mm Italian bodeo revolver, anyone reload for it?

Boolit Mold

10.4 mm Italian bodeo revolver, anyone reload for it?

I was looking at a 10.4 mm bodeo revolver and I'm trying to find a source for ammo or components to reload for it.
    Any help is appreciated

Pictures, or it does not exist.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Master
    I've never loaded for this, or examined a Bodeo, but I have the Italian Chamelot-Delvigne M1874, made by Glisenti for the same cartridge. This was entirely a lead-bullet rifle, but it should be noted that Italy went over to jacketed bullets during the life of the Bodeo.

Fiocchi made some cartridges fairly recenly, but I don't believe they are available any more, and certainly not easily. Cartridge books, including "Cartridges of the World", copy one another in saying it has a .451in. head diameter, and should be easily made from .44 Special or Magnum. While this might not be dangerous, it is not the best way.

The best book on European pistol cartridges is undoubtedly Erlinger and Brandt's, which makes the head diameter .460 to .464in., the neck .423 to .439 and bullet .413 to .435. This is an exceptionally wide tolerance, and may reflect a changeover to a smaller diameter bullet which, unlike the original heel bullet, fitted entirely inside the neck. In this case chamber throat and groove diameter eare probably smaller too, and should be measured. Others did this just to have a more easily made inside lubricated lead bullet, such as the change from .44S&W American to .44 Russian, and the old and new versions of the .32 Colts. In case of such a change you should ask your diemaker what dimensions they use. I know people like CH4D will willingly answer such questions, and won't make dies to hearsay dimensions, but I don't know about some of the others.

I would doubt if the head diameter varied by much, though. My Glistenti has chambers of .471 at the head area, and throat and land diameter of a well matched .424. The best way to make cases would be from .44-40 brass, or .45 Long Colt at the trouble of reducing the solid head slightly. If yours needs this bullet diameter you could certainly size down common .429 ones very easily and successfully.

Banned
    I load for the 10.4 Glisenti. Started with a box of factory Fiocchi, and worked backwards. Also did some research online. Bullet diameter for my revolver runs .424. Cases from .44 Special or .44 Magnum cut to length work fine. Size cases in a .303 rifle die, taper is close enough. Size 200 grain cast bullets to .424. Work up loads carefully, no need to push! .451 base might be a bit small, but with modern brass, and the proper loads, it will not be problem. I've had no gas blowback, not even a smudge on the case.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks guys

FMJ 174 - 177 grs / original lead bullet 180gr
    N-310 2,5 (min.) - 3,5 (MAX)
    N-320 3,0 (min.) - 4,0 (MAX)
    GM-3 3,0 (min.) - 4,0 (MAX)
    BA-10 2,5 (min.) - 3,5 (MAX)
    Norma R-1 2,5 (min.) - 3,5 (MAX)
    WW-231 2,5 (min.) - 3,5 (MAX)
    WW-450 3,0 (min.) - 4,0 (MAX)
    Black powder Swiss FFFG 21 grn + wad (reply original load)

Cast Bullet 200 grs
    N-310 2,0 (min.) - 3,0 (MAX)
    N-320 2,5 (min.) - 3,5 (MAX)
    GM-3 2,5 (min.) - 3,5 (MAX)
    BA-10 2,0 (min.) - 3,0 (MAX)
    Norma R-1 2,0 (min.) - 3,0 (MAX)
    WW-231 2,0 (min.) - 3,0 (MAX)
    WW-450 2,5 (min.) - 3,5 (MAX)
    Weapons are like money ... no one ever has enough