WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load Data
Page 62 of 610 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162562 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 12187

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy

Re-cleaned 30pounds of 9mm which I discovered in an ammo-can which I had apparently tumbled in corn cob media after de-priming.
    I hand prime and media in every flash hole just is not fun. Looks like the wet steel pins have fixed that ( and they look better).
    Note to self, don't do that again
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -- Aesop

Made a few 22 gas checks...

Boolit Master
    Why do reloaders clean and polish brass before depriming?

Boolit Buddy
    Well cleaning with primer in means you do not have to pick tumbling media from the cases.

Ed C

Boolit Master
    unless it gets stuck in the flash hole.... like it does to me.

Boolit Buddy
    When you deprive the pin pushes the media from the flash hole.
    Ed C

Boolit Master
    true... providing the media gets stuck in the primer pocket side of the flash hole. if it gets stuck in the inside the case side, you could bend or break the decapping stem. I deprime first, then clean/polish.... just my way.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    Why do reloaders clean and polish brass before depriming?
    Because I do everything on press in one pass and I'm not going to insert dirty brass into my dies. A vibratory cleaner does little when it comes to cleaning the pockets so it's a moot point.

I punched out a bunch of checks while the gas company was setting a new meter at my house. Had to redo a bunch of the new piping they installed in the house due to leaks and a poor quality install. I love union work.

Boolit Master

Broke down 80 223 rounds. Loaded them, and had neglected to trim the once-fired (Fiocchi) cases - and they wouldn't chamber! My 223 is a 788 that was originally a .222 - when the 788 first came out, they weren't chambered in 223, so I had the LGS where I bought it rechamber in .223. No big drama, and never had any problem before. These cases measure 1.769, and trim-to length is 1.760, and they wouldn't chamber, so it meant breaking them down, and as I don't want to de-prime, I have to buy an RCBS file-trim die. It will be ordered today...
    I had loaded 20 each of 4 different condom bullets, Speer, Sierra, Nosler, and surplus fmj's, to get an idea which were going to shoot best. So it was hammer away.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    i do not understand why you would need to deprime just to trim your brass. what kind of case trimmer are you using?

Melted down about 40 lbs of COWW to usable ingots

Set up a "dummy" round for my 45/70 using the old Lyman Gould express bool it, then sized and lubed a pile of 125rf for loading in 38 super.

I added a Lee Classic Turret but didn't like storing the parts / accessories across the room with the Dillon stuff. My son gave me this cheapo organizer he grabbed at HF and never used, it's perfect for the Lee:
    Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
    RAH

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    i do not understand why you would need to deprime just to trim your brass. what kind of case trimmer are you using?
    If you use a Lyman or Lee pin stop trimmer type the primer needs to be removed as the length stop bottoms on the shell holders. It looks like a Lee decaping pin with a cutter attached .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Sized and lubed my first batch of noe saeco 315 clones. Sized a few lc 07 308 cases, trimmed, uniformed primer pockets, and deburred the flash holes. Thought about setting the lee turret up for 223, had a couple beers and decided against it. Maybe tomorrow...
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded up 100 rounds of 223 and tumbled some 223 cases.

I sized my first .45-70 cases, and cleared enough **** off the bench so I could actually see the bench again. Quite an accomplishment.
    If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. T Bankhead

Boolit Master

I sized/lubed some H&G 68 clones. I loaded them with a little Bullseye behind them.

I also mentored a new caster in some smelting today. While he was smelting, I cast up a bunch of Mihec 125gr hollowpoints and some 158gr SWC's. Then I showed him how dry tumble powdercoating works. I even gave him a little over 100 of the coated and a little over 50 raw 125gr hp's.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    If you use a Lyman or Lee pin stop trimmer type the primer needs to be removed as the length stop bottoms on the shell holders. It looks like a Lee decaping pin with a cutter attached .
    I USE ALL RCBS STUFF What is a lee pin stop trimmer? is it for de burring the flash hole inside the case?

Boolit Master

I USE ALL RCBS STUFF What is a lee pin stop trimmer? is it for de burring the flash hole inside the case?
    Some brass trimmers index off the flash hole by way of a pin / mandrel that goes inside the case. I use a Wilson trimmer which basically indexes off the base of the case.