WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Lead bullet Squirrel

Boolit Master

Lead bullet Squirrel

Well I been walking about 3 miles everymorning and decided to combine some plinking with the walk. Was carrying the Rossie clone of a M63 Tuesda. This squirrel decided to scold me from about 15 yards, guess he didn't know I am on a diet (34Lbs so far)and he is on it too! Spring squirrel is open till June 14th here in TN., and the freezer is squirrel less.. My first one with this little gun, had the Beretta 84 on Monday but no squirrels.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Banned

Nice shootin'!

Our squirrel season closes down in the Spring for a few month and just opened again. Too hot and buggy for me to squirrel hunt now, but Fall isn't far away.

I'm afraid I'm not a good enough pistolero to hit squirrels with enough consistency to make it more than an exercise in frustration, but a couple of .22 Hornet rifles will down some tree rats with cast this year,

Nice shooting! Great job on your improving your health. I like your exercise routine. Walking though the hills is a million times better than going to the gym.
    The road less traveled ain't for the faint of heart

Boolit Mold
    Nice one!

Boolit Buddy
    richhodg66, Practice makes perfect, so they say. Sling some cast at them, you may be surprised. If nothing else it will give you yet another reason to be in the woods.

Boolit Master
    Hey , thanks for the comments, I did't say I was very consistent ,one reason I try to shoot some most every day, All fun when I can get out in the woods. I got some 41Specials loaded today and took the 425TI out for todays walk. Squirrels were safe, I had no idea where it shot as these were the first loads. Shot well and now zeroed, maybe more squirrel hunting in the morning! And definately will be deer hunting with it in the fall.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Some how I missed this! Good work! .22? I've really gotten into toting my revolver on my evening livestock check. A few years ago, we didn't have much for critters, so we built some brush piles in the pasture. Slowly but surely the rabbits and now groundhogs have shown up. Challenging, but it sure is fun to bag one with a home cast boolit!
    Last edited by Silvercreek Farmer; 07-14-2015 at 04:23 PM.

In Remembrance

Center fire is NOT legal for small game in TN. Just sayin'.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master
    Yep, good think that little "J" clone is a 22 rimfire Now as far as groundhogs go, I've shot a truckload with centerfires.
    After squirrel season closed I went to carrying a Taurus 41 TI tracker, lighter than the "J" clone and plenty for groundhogs and such. Have lost 50 lbs now and the plinking on the walks keeps it interesting. Yes, you can "plink" with a 41 Mag
    A 327Fed SP101 followed me home yesterday, it will become my new walking companion for a while now. It puts 83gr lee boolits right to the sights at 15 yards when loaded on 2.5 of BE in a SW Long case, so should be up for the TN "non game" ediables as well as random tin cans and such!

Boolit Master
    During our muzzleloader season which runs concurrently with small game I hunt busy tails with my 50 cal. side lock. I use a Lee 250gr REAL and 70gr Pyrodex RS. Of course shot selection is based safely first. Must be why I haven't missed one yet.

Motor

Boolit Buddy

Well Done, Sir!

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice. Wish I had a little bearcat or something to pop squirrels and bunnies. Nice shooting

Boolit Master

I've got a TT33 Tok on my CCW walking gear should I need it for stray dogs or coyotes here in the suburbs of Indianapolis...Now I just need a patch of woods to walk in to have a chance at a tree rat!

Great shooting with the Rossi!
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Bruce, clear your PM's

Boolit Master

cleared!
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Buddy
    Good shooting!

Boolit Master
    Hey, thanks, trying to get in better shootin form. I have been playing with a Ruger SP101 in 327, shoots 32HR 90grswc right to the sight if I shove them out with 3.1 of 231. Too bad TN says I can't use it
    but I got 22RF and season opens end of this month!!

Almost forgot, Bearcats are really fun, and accurate too. Mine shoots as well as my SS, I just have to work harder on good form to shoot it as well.