Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse Fart 9mm in HiPoint carbine

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnnyboy View Post
    One of the greatest overlooked firearms, "in my humble opinion," has to be a pistol cartridge-based carbine. If you're a reloader there is not many things that are more fun than loading up a bunch of your own plinking ammo just for the sake of stroking the trigger. I think one of the greatest mistakes our single-shot rifle manufacturers are making is not releasing a break action rifle in 9mm. Cheap plinking ammo plus all the components for reloading make up an effective replacement for when the 22lr ammo goes bye-bye.

I love my Hi-Point 9mm carbine. It's like a good pair of work boots. You wouldn't want to take it to the show but you would carry it in the truck!!!

I agree with you about this class of rifle being unjustly overlooked and under-estimated. I have a few rifles in ..357 Mag, .44 Mag, and .45 Colt, in addition to the standard .22LR, but have nothing of any kind in 9mm. Now part of me says that there's nothing the 9mm can do that my .357 can't do better, but the 9mm uses a bit less lead, a bit less powder, and brass that is free for the picking at just about any shooting range. So the 9mm has a bit of a draw to it.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonegun1894 View Post
    Now part of me says that there's nothing the 9mm can do that my .357 can't do better, but the 9mm uses a bit less lead, a bit less powder, and brass that is free for the picking at just about any shooting range. So the 9mm has a bit of a draw to it.
    Exactly! A few years ago, when I could pick up 38sp cases for almost free, I felt the same way about my H&R 357mag single-shot. Now, with 9mm and 40 so prevalent, it's almost a no-brainer for me to use them as my favorite plinking ammo. Also, there's something to be said about having a sidearm that shoots the same ammo as your long-arm.

If more manufacturers could/would hit Hi-Point's price point with long guns in 9mm, I would probably be broke but happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    I'm itching to finally get a nice electronic measure to add to the reloading bench and am leaning towards the new Lyman Gen5 machine. Which Lyman do you have?
    Lyman 55

It's setup to use at the range but hasn't been in years. I'm not in that much of a hurry nowadays, and haven't shot benchrest in decades. Of course it works in the shop.