Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crummy news...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tddeangelo View Post
    This one will break you down, just to warn you, but it seems fitting.

It's called "Labrador" by Walt Gabbard. It will make sense to most who have had dogs, but if you have or have had a lab in your life, this will really get you. You'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYv...ature=youtu.be
    I wish I hadn't played that video...

Boolit Buddy
    I can't play it and keep my composure completely, and I lost my lab almost 4 years ago. But.....he got it all spot-on. Makes me really want another pup, actually, even though my current knucklehead just turned 4 last month (he was 8 months old when I adopted him).

Boolit Master
    If you ever get a chance and have a box of Kleenex handy, you might try to find "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" in your TV programming. Can't remember if I saw it on Netflix, Amazon or Hulu. Although Richard Gere is listed as the main character and I don't much care for him, the dog and the story line more than offset his appearance in the movie.
    This is adapted from a true story and in Japan there is a monument to this dog at the train station in the town in which the story actually took place.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are. Anonymous"

That is hand painted on a sign that was given to my wife and I soon after we had our 13 year old yellow lab put down back in December. We miss you Gunner.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0053.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	141478

375supermag,our thoughts are with you and your family.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

Wesson went on his last car ride yesterday afternoon.

The steroids the vet prescribed worked to an extent but, he started to exhibit signs of pain Thursday night.

He laid in one spot most all day Friday until my son came home from work around 4:30-5:00PM.

My wife had already called and made an appointment after I got home from work and we realized that he was suffering.

His appetite remained quite good until the end and he was alert and affectionate but it seemed cruel and selfish to let him suffer any longer. It was heartbreaking to see him deteriorate over the last couple of months.

He got to spend his last moments with my wife, son and I before the vet gave him the injection. I told him he was a good dog and that he was going to go to sleep and the pain would go away. He closed his eyes while we all held him. It was over in just a few seconds.

They say all dogs go to Heaven...Heaven got a good one yesterday at 6:00PM.

This house seems an empty and cold place.

Moderator Emeritus

I am sorry. You will always remember him but hopefully someday you may get to experience the unconditional love from another. All dogs do go to Heaven because of the unconditional love, its the Humans that still have a lot to learn.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sorry to hear about your 4 legged friend. Its hard to let them go.

Don't want them to be in pain and suffering.

Might have to go thru the same thing this Fall. Don't think mine will make it thru the Winter. It would be hard on them.
    Last edited by rockrat; 06-27-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Had to put down our 6year old black lab in May due to siezers. Son brought home 2 weeks back a husky/malamute mix pup. This pup is showing a great start to be a very smart and loyal dog, just still dealing with the house breaking, and the fact that every one in the house gets tiried of watching him. What is the funniest is the old cat who did not care to be in the same room with the old dog falloid us while walking the new pup to the back field.
    Shaune509

Moderator Emeritus

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sorry to hear about this. Assist him all you can in his movements. Glad to hear he's alert and still eating. You n your wife stay strong

Boolit Master
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and sympathy.

This has been a hard couple of days for our family.

Wesson was a trusted and valued member of our family. He was my mother's protector as she struggled with the Alzhiemer's that finally took her life several years ago.

When I came home from my cancer surgery three years ago, he parked himself right beside me and wouldn't leave except to eat and go outside until I was recovered well enough to resume physical activity.

As I sit here in the den eating a banana and drinking a cup of tea, it is strange that he isn't laying beside my chair waiting for a bite of banana.

I miss that last night while I was watching a movie, he wasn't sitting beside the recliner lifting my arm with his muzzle looking for attention(and a snack). Little things like that just rip your heart out.

My wife came home from work last evening with tears in her eyes because he wasn't there to greet her when she came home. He always was first to welcome everybody home. No matter how bad your day was, he was always there with a goofy dog grin on his face and a wagging tail. Unconditional love and loyalty...people could learn a lot from dogs.

Wesson had a great life... he was never mistreated and had all the creature comforts and love and attention that any dog could ever imagine.
    He had the run of the Estate and was known far and wide by his nickname, Big Dog.

While he lived on dry dog food most of his life, he ate a can of Alpo every evening and probably ate more left over rib eyes, roast beef, chicken and pork chops than any dog in the country. He absolutely loved Seltzer's Sweet Lebanon Bologna and was the best popcorn and Dorito eating dog you ever saw. When we cooked bratwurst, hamburgers or hot dogs, he always got his share (and then some).

Until he got old and tired, he chased rabbits and squirrels on the grounds of the estate everyday. He ruled every square inch of the Estate with benevolence and kindness. As we always said, he was "Large and in Charge".

He was a very good dog. The best dog EVER.
    We are heartbroken.

Boolit Master
    My heart aches with you sir.

Sammy was white Malamute/Arctic Wolf mix and was Daddy's boy. He passed 8-1/2 years ago and I still mourn him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SammySnow1.gif 
Views:	39 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	143159 We got Timber Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BabyTimber.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	143161 (yes, same wolf as in my avatar) 3 months later and although it will be unbearable when he passes, the idea of never having had him as part (the center) of the family is absolutely unthinkable.

You will never replace Wesson, but don't wait too long to fill the vacancy in your household. Because a human can't love like a pet, no matter how many people are occupying a house, it is still empty without a pet.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

375, sorry to hear about Wesson, but you did the right thing. I had to put down my Lab buddy Sam last Thanksgiving after ten great years with him. Every time I pick up another male Lab pup I know how the story will end, but I wouldn't trade the years I have with them for anything.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell