Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has anyone seen the price of powders at this place?

Boolit Buddy
    It's the law of supply and demand. If no one buys at those prices, eventually they lower prices or go out of business. High demand means they can get high prices. I'm not that desperate. I went into a LGS a few weeks back. They had a few 1lb rifle powders in stock for $35-40. I haven't been back.

If you are willing to wait, you can get better prices. I got lucky and caught Brownells with Unique in stock two weeks ago and bought some for $19/lb. It must have gone really fast. I ordered 5 lbs, but they are only shipping 3. The other powders I bought were $24 and $25/lb. Winchester primers were $30/K. Most on-line places let you sign up for e-mails telling you when an out-of-stock item arrives.

What I don't understand is when some take it personally. Apparently one place has powder that others want. Either buy it or don't. There is no room for whining. As soon as I read terms like "gouging" and "scalping" I'm done reading that person's thesis. He or she is a fool, AFAIC. Now if the guy with the powder forced customers at gun point to buy it, OK, now THAT is illegal.

I think "gun guys" are so used to buying stuff a lot cheaper than it should be, because it's liquidated by a government that originally created the materiel using slave labor and/or purchased with money raised by gross taxation. Well, the cheap stuff dried up. Whoda thunk?

I just get so tired of the belly-aching.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger762 View Post
    ................originally created the materiel using slave labor and/or purchased with money raised by gross taxation. Well, the cheap stuff dried up. Whoda thunk?

I just get so tired of the belly-aching.
    Is someone belly-aching about the belly-aching

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Man

Previously known as the Constitution state
    Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    They have everything in stock that no one else has but their prices are utterly ridiculous. I am pretty sure that at those prices they will never run out of anything.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/produ...nents-powders/

Has anyone purchased from them ??
    “A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, ‘You are mad; you are not like us.'” St. Anthony the Great

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”

Rudyard Kipling

Yeah, I suppose. People want stuff cheap, to then put on GunBroker to give the bone to someone else. I've got craploads of 22. Used to buy a few bricks a week from WalMart when they were $8.47 for the 550rd Remington Golden Bullet. I've thought about selling some off, but if I give person X a good deal, he'll just sell to person Y at the same price that the "gougers" are selling at.

Not going to contribute to the madness, so not selling a dog-gone thing

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Is someone belly-aching about the belly-aching

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger762 View Post
    Yeah, I suppose. People want stuff cheap, to then put on GunBroker to give the bone to someone else. I've got craploads of 22. Used to buy a few bricks a week from WalMart when they were $8.47 for the 550rd Remington Golden Bullet. I've thought about selling some off, but if I give person X a good deal, he'll just sell to person Y at the same price that the "gougers" are selling at.

Not going to contribute to the madness, so not selling a dog-gone thing
    Or donate to the scouts? I heard a while back they had to stop some programs because of supply. I never really bought 22 otherwise I would of had a cache to give to the local kids.