RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Boyds Stock

Boolit Bub

Boyds Stock

Never owned a replacement stock. But, recently purchased the attached Boyds stock and I could not be happier for $160. Perfect fit and finish. Very nice Boyds stock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0173.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    It looks nice , laminate is the way to go , what action is that 700 long?
    AR15 goes bang, AK47 goes bang, Mosin goes boom...

Boolit Bub
    Model 700 short action in 243. Quite the shooter. Had this gun for about 30 years. Original stock cracked and then broke.

Boolit Master

Good to know! I asked my gunsmith about Boyd stocks and he had nothing bad to say so I bought one for my Ruger American Compact in 308. Is your Nutmeg? That's the color I ordered.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Bub
    Nutmeg, yes. The fit was perfect and maintained the same zero.

Boolit Master

I have a Boyd's thumbhole green laminate on a Ruger Hawkeye bolt action 7mm-08, I really like the fit and feel of the stock. My kids use the gun to hunt whitetails, I would highly recommend Boyd's if you need a replacement stock.

Boolit Buddy
    Just put a Boyd's thumbhole laminate stock on a Savage Axis .308 heavy barrel 2 months ago. Shipped with steel trigger guard to the house was $127. It fit exactly as they said. First rate quality and would certainly order from them again. Phone service was quick and friendly.

Boolit Master
    I have one of their Pepper laminate thumbhole's and it is a looker! Feels just outright fantastic, fits good, well made, well priced, nothing to gripe about! In transit though, the stock found its way to a staple and got a lil nick in the wood, I think from rough handling of the carrier. I called and talked to a very nice lady and then the man himself and they sent me out a can of the same pricey Spruh Konig finishing lacquer spray for repair as they did say it would be no problem to send it back and send me another but I needed to inlet a scope mount that I had not planned at the time of order so they were happy to do that too. Plus they sent me a few extra nice bits with it.

Top notch first rate service from Boyd's! Wouldn't hesitate at all to buy many more if the need arises.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

Love the thumbhole laminate I put on my Savage Edge 30-06.

I have the thumbhole laminate on a Marlin XL7 30 06. It really made that gun alot nicer to shoot. It added some weight and the thumbhole help with the kick.

Banned
    I have a VZ24 in 7X57 that I love to shoot. I have had it for at Least 20 years. I finally decided to upgrade from the original military stock. I ordered a Boyd's Mauser stock in unfinished walnut.

I fully expected to do some final fitting but I was pleasantly surprised when it dropped right in. My youngest son applied 6 coats of Tru-Oil and did a cold blue job with Oxpho-Blue from Brownells. It is a tack driver and looks awesome.

I would recommend Boyd's stocks with no reservations. Before and after.

Attachment 144278Attachment 144279

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    HaHa! As I scrolled down, I focused on the fence post at first! They are pretty popular here, but starting to slow down, Boyd's won't export rifle stocks that cost more that $US99, which is slowly forcing us out of the picture.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

The stocks are popular, is what I meant, but I suppose the treated pine logs are pretty popular as well.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    Boyd's won't export rifle stocks that cost more that $US99, which is slowly forcing us out of the picture.
    Mik:

You may want to know that rule no longer applies, it's been changed..............they've up'd the value to $500. So you can order all you want.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Thanks for that. I'll check it out.

Boolit Master

Except for some minor Dremel work for the trigger adjusting screw and the mag retainer on my Ruger American 308 it dropped right in.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Nice looking stock. Never heard anything but good about Boyds. Would like to put one on my 7 mag.

Boolit Master

Waiting for my Prairie hunter to come in for my 700, ordered a day or two before your post. From what all I've seen here I'm expecting a pleasant surprise when it arrives.