RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: Bought a Model 25 Husqvarna 32-20 Win. single shot rifle , anyone shoot one here ?

Bought a Model 25 Husqvarna 32-20 Win. single shot rifle , anyone shoot one here ?

Anyone shoot one of these rifles ? Looking for some loading advice not load data but advise , bullet weight for cast bullet loads and need to know a little more about my rifle . It appears to have a 1 in 20" twist with a 26.5" barrel , fixed sights with a flip up leaf sight for longer range , mfg. date from 1908 to 1925 they usually have a octagon barrel but mine is round and a nice weight with a excellent bore , single shot bolt action ! Just needing some more information please !

Boolit Master
    Post some pics, unfamiliar with the model but would love to see it!

My camera is not working but if you go to www.simpsonltd.com and in the search bar type Z25019 there are pictures there , 3 views you can blow up and look it over real good !
    Last edited by Dakoma; 05-17-2015 at 07:22 PM.

I believe there are some members here that live in New Zealand and or Australia that own and shoot these rifles.

I corrected the numbers for the view of the rifle , those first numbers was for a Norwegian Rolling Block and mine is a Swiss , sorry about that , I was interested in 2 guns and on my pad had 2 different numbers wrote down the Model 25 32-20 Win. is Z25019 and should still be able to view it at simpson ltd ! It has a extractor that rides in a groove on the inside of the receiver and no ejector , I wanted to know more about this rifle and if they did put a ejector on them or you just have to pluck the spent brass out with your fingers ? It is ok because you wont loose any brass but a ejector would be nice ! Lol !
    I will have to find someone to take pictures to post here , my rifle is no longer shown where I bought it they do have 1 Model 25 in kind of poor condition with octagon barrel missing the extractor , stock looks like mine and action but mine is much better condition , lots of model 46 in 9.3X57mm , I may get one and already have a 640 in 9.3X62mm and 2 -.22 LR model 155 rifles , love those Husqvarna rifles !
    Last edited by Dakoma; 05-18-2015 at 02:22 AM. Reason: updated information

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a No. 26, which is the same rifle, only in .25-20 Winchester. Mine came to me with no extractor, so I made one from a piece of bandsaw blade with a lug soldered on.

Nice light little rifles, I agree an ejector would be a nice thing to have, but not really necessary for paper punching.

From my research when I first got my rifle, the ranges for the sights are supposed to be 60 and 120 meters.

Robert

FWIW, there was a thread about the Husqvarna rifles with a post by a board member from Sweden, a few years ago, over on the (believe it or not) leverguns forum:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/vi...hp?f=1&t=26671

Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    I have a No. 26, which is the same rifle, only in .25-20 Winchester. Mine came to me with no extractor, so I made one from a piece of bandsaw blade with a lug soldered on.

Nice light little rifles, I agree an ejector would be a nice thing to have, but not really necessary for paper punching.

From my research when I first got my rifle, the ranges for the sights are supposed to be 60 and 120 meters.

Robert
    Thank you Robert ! Do you happen to have a picture of how you made and it installed the ejector on your rifle ? I am pretty handy with working metal I was a Iron Worker and Fabricator welder for over 35 years and think I could solder a ejector box onto the receiver, I guess you mad a small cut in the side of the bolt for it to ride in ? Does it work well ? I don't care if it flips the spent brass very far just enough to clear the action so I can load another round a little faster for a follow up shot !

Boolit Master
    An acquaintance had one in .25-20. He drove over to Phoenix to some outfit called the Buffalo Brothers, who were importing them, along with a lot of Rolling Blocks, from Sweden at the time. He was told that the export laws in Sweden required removal of all the bolts from all the rifles before packing them for shipment. The container of bolts might or might not wind up in the shipping container with the rifles. The extractors, which were held in the raceways by the bolts, would fall out and often would be lost when the bolt was removed. Apparently, the Buffalo Brothers took the necessary pains to get the customer a rifle that had both bolt and extractor.

I shot the thing a few times. It was very well made, though kind of foreign looking. It was very light, like a 1930's vintage kid's single shot .22 bolt action, but the barrel was much longer. It fired the factory .25-20 WCF ammunition reliably and the shells came out with very little distortion, indicating an accurate chamber. However, the gun shot about a yard high at 50 yards, and it looked too nice the way it was to work over the crude notch rear sight for something that worked better, so I passed on his offer to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post

FWIW, there was a thread about the Husqvarna rifles with a post by a board member from Sweden, a few years ago, over on the (believe it or not) leverguns forum:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/vi...hp?f=1&t=26671

The pictures were no longer there but I know what the octagon barreled model 25 looks like , somewhere down the line mine was rebarreled with a round barrel and same diameter from the receiver to the end of the barrel it has a good balance , the fixed sight and the flip up leaf sight is there , no telling when the barrel was replaced but has a excellent bore , I will be shooting cast bullets needing a idea how heavy I can go to buy a few moulds would be nice to know while I wait on my die set to arive .

Banned

Jeff in New Zealand has one of those and hunts with it. I want one in .25-20 or .32-20 someday, seems like an awsome stalking rifle.

You bet , it would make a good stalking rifle , with 22 LR prices up where they are I am looking to alternative ways to hunt small to medium size game , a 32-20 does not use up a pound of powder very fast , loading manuals say it is underpowered for Deer though ! I helped a friend that processed Deer and cant remember how many I skinned out for him but to find one tiny 22 LR hole , some I had to hang on the rail in 2 pieces that looked like they were hit with a grenade , just skin holding them together , Lol !

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Jeff in New Zealand has one of those and hunts with it. I want one in .25-20 or .32-20 someday, seems like an awsome stalking rifle.
    Mine is a .30/30 but my friend has a matching set of .25/20, .32/20, .30/30 and 45/70.

I was after a .32-20 and offered a .25-20 but passed it over for the .30/30 as I didn't need a new calibre, mould, hard to find brass etc.

GREAT rifles. Mine comes 'up' like a shotgun. I have made two running shots on wallabies.

Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

You sure nailed those 2 Wallabies , and the rifle shown is a 30-30 ? It looks like my 32-20 , my stock is just like yours and swings up and balanced perfect for getting on target fast , nice little rifles !

They are all the same rifle. I have NIL desire to shoot a .45/70!
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffinNZ View Post
    Mine is a .30/30 but my friend has a matching set of .25/20, .32/20, .30/30 and 45/70.

I was after a .32-20 and offered a .25-20 but passed it over for the .30/30 as I didn't need a new calibre, mould, hard to find brass etc.

GREAT rifles. Mine comes 'up' like a shotgun. I have made two running shots on wallabies.

Those you hunt as Varmits ? Are they edible ? Some eat the Ground Hogs here we have plenty digging holes under my shed I tried trapping them with a big double spring steel trap and they must be powerful they pulled loose so just sat under a tree early morning and shot the Bugger , one of my Dogs tangled with one and I had a costly Vet bill cut my Beagle up pretty bad , about nawed off a front leg !

Boolit Man
    I saw one in 30-30 for sale Saturday in a local gun shop.A very nice looking rifle-pretty close to mint condition.I cant remember what they want for it though.

Mine was $320.00 shipped ! I got a few pictures of my rifle but cant remember how to post them , Lol !

Boolit Grand Master
    Since these small Husqvarna'a are basically a small copy of the 71 Mauser, I have entertained thoughts of converting mine to a repeater as the 71/84 Mauser was.

Then I realize just how much of a PITA that would be and I shove the thought away for a few more months. Might be different if I had an actual 71/84 in my hands to use as an example.

It really seems like an excellent way to put about $3000.00 into a $300.00 rifle....

Robert

It don't take long to sink a bunch of money into customizing a rifle , if you can do the work yourself that is different . I have quite a few Husqvarna rifles , before I bought the Model 25 I got a Model 640 in 9.3X62mm and have several Model 155 rifles , they are .22LR single shot rifles and my Model 38 in 6.5X55 is a very good shooting rifle and left it stock military . I do have a sporter in 6.5X55 that will put bullets through the same hole at 100yds. , one of my best shooting rifles and several Rolling Blocks I will get around to re-barreling some day !