MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky

Thread: .416 mould

Boolit Buddy

.416 mould

I have a .416 Ruger coming and am looking for a mold. I know that RCBS has a single cavity mold but was wondering what other ones to consider. All suggestions will be considered. Thanks for you time.

In Remembrance

Go onto Accuratemolds.com then onto page 7 of their catalog down to the molds starting with 42-XXX. They have a nice selection of molds and Al at Accurate will modify his design to suit your fancy. I am currently using their #42-330C mold in my Taylor and my .416 Russian Express with good results. It is kinda hard to beat the RCBS mold for good results. I had "Buckshot do a H.P. job on my mold with an additional insert so I could just make flat nosed boolets, works very nice. I also have a 400 gr. mold from the now defunct BRP molds that is a very nice boolet for when a heavy slug is needed. I have been experimenting with paper patching .410" boolets up to .417-.418" diameter and loading them at jacketed velocities. So far the results are very pleasing for accuracy and velocities. For using jacketed bullets, it is had to beat the Speer 350 gr or the Nosler 400 gr. for getting the job done. If economy is the answer then the Hornady 400 gr. bullets do the job very well on a cheaper per bullet cost.Robert

Boolit Master
    Robert is correct. The rcbs 350 grain bullet is OK, usually casts at 416 plus. Brp convinced me to open my size die and shoot them big. Roberts 350 grain hollow point surer worked good on an armadillo from the mighty Taylor. Enjoy your 416.

Boolit Master
    I don't think there is anything bad in the .416's ...... just good and great!

And someday ........ I am going to quit getting distracted by all the lesser calibers and git' one!

Best regards

Three 44s

In Remembrance

My only other distraction than the Taylor is my .338/06. Besides them and my worked over 10/22 and a Model 12 for birds, I guess you could say that I have a "full Battery".Robert