Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ! ! T/L Liquid Lube

Boolit Grand Master
    Ranch Dog

You're very welcome.

Enjoy BLL ! !

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 04-18-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Good post Ranch Dog. Looks like it's going to work pretty good for you. Using tumble lube type boolits too I see, (what a concept). Guess I'll have to jump on the band wagon and give this new formula a try.

Boolit Master
    When people say the lube dries, is that really dry to the touch or is still some tackiness? I tried it on some bullets and they are mildly tacky.
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by hiram View Post
    When people say the lube dries, is that really dry to the touch or is still some tackiness? I tried it on some bullets and they are mildly tacky.
    Ben said in an earlier post that he gets best results by waiting a week before loading BLL boolits. Perhaps it takes that long for all solvents to evaporate? Just a guess on my part, but if I used BLL I'd do as he suggested. charlie

Boolit Grand Master
    Not certain where " waiting a week " came from, I don't remember saying that ?

I do wait overnight. If you are in a hurry, set a small fan to blow on your bullets. That will speed drying up considerably.

The mixture will never dry " glass hard ", however mine are noticeable less tacky than straight Alox alone.

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 04-20-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Boolit Master

I use a lub/sizer and do not tumble lube but following this thread thought, why not try it as an over-coat. My Lee Alox is about 10 yrs. old, would not pour out of the bottle. I put a couple of bottles in a pan of hot water until the Alox became liquid, measured all and mixed in Johnsons One Step at the 60/40 ratio. I thought I might need to add more One Step later but after 3 days it still pours like Coke. For initial test I rolled 1/2 dozen boolits into 4 DROPS of BLL and after a couple of hours boolits were not sticky at all.
    I mostly cast rifle boolits and intend to apply BLL over my boolits lubed with Ben's Red. This will keep my fingers dry when loading and keep any dust/dirt off of any exposed lube. Heating the old Alox has really worked well.

Larry

Boolit Grand Master
    Sounds like you did well.
    Shot them and offer us a range report.

Ben

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Sounds like you did well.
    Shot them and offer us a range report.

Ben
    Waiting on two things:
    1. For it to stop raining!
    2. For my cast boolits to age harden.

Larry

Boolit Grand Master
    Enjoy the lube.

It is simple, quick, and it works !

Ben

Boolit Buddy
    I've never had luck with tumble lube. I've tried Alox, 45/45/10 and now Ben's T/L. There is one process I'm wondering about that I do different than others. When I apply T/L I typically use a sandwich baggy and tumble them until all looks coated. Then put them out on a sheet of foil to dry. I'm not sure if the boolits need more exposure to air by using a plastic tub, but I can't ever seem to get enough lube.

I took Ben's T/L and did 20 .45acp 200gr boolits. Went out this last weekend and tried it through 2 guns. A .45XDS and .45XDM tactical. Used 3.8gr of tightgroup. I think I had more leading through the XDS because of throat issues, but the .45XDM tactical seemed to have lighter leading towards the end of the barrel, which to me indicates I need more lube.

Keep in mind I have slugged the barrel and sized .001 to .002 over.

Boolit Grand Master
    I swirl mine around for 15 - 20 seconds in a flat bottom round plastic tub.

Then I set them on their bases to dry overnight.

Ben

Boolit Master

F W I W -

Folks, I've read somewhere on here that the Johnson's Liquid Wax was being discontinued by Johnson's. NOT TRUE.

I just picked up a fresh can from the local Ace Hardware store and spoke to the manager to find out specifics on this product. He said, that "Johnson's is
    in the process of phasing out all their "commercial" products, not household products." In fact, he noted that he sells roughly 50 cans of the Johnson Liquid Wax every month, with more coming in every Tuesday.

All I can say is, "Whew!" close one.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Mold
    Just started casting 45acp Lee 230 rn tl bullet. Can BLL be used on these micro band tumble bullets and is 1 or 2 coats recommended. Thanks

Boolit Grand Master
    Micro Band is GREAT.

1 coat is all you'll need if the bullet fits properly.

Boolit Mold
    great i will try it out and let you know.from what i have read your bll could be the best blend out there. thanks again

Boolit Master

My first kill with Ben's TL recipe!

Savage 10FCM using my TLC310-165-RF (300 Savage bullet). 30.0-grains of W748 for 2165 FPS at 43.2K PSI.

Michael

Banned

Now that is sweet Michael. I assume that is your new design from the recent NOE run? I was most fortunate to get your .308 design. Ben's LL is great all around.
    John

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Now that is sweet Michael. I assume that is your new design from the recent NOE run? I was most fortunate to get your .308 design. Ben's LL is great all around.
    John
    Hey John! Yes, the TLC310-165-RF is the 300 Savage offering from my recent 30 caliber Short-Neck trio that NOE ran. The 10FCM is a 7.62x39 but has an off spec throat to accommodate Savage's decision to use the .308 groove with the 7.62x39. The Short-Neck trio included your TLC310-180-RF for the 308 Win and a TLC313-150-RF for the 7.62x39 but the latter is inappropriate for the Savage.
    Michael

Boolit Buddy
    Great shooting Michael!

Boolit Master
    I did another try with a fresh batch of BLL made to exact 60/40 and tried unsized TL452230- 2R. This time it worked fine over Bullseye with good accuracy and no leading at all!
    I'm a Red Cross blood donor- are you? Make an appointment to donate today http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
    http://www.redcrossblood.org/

FOR Disaster Relief DONATIONS-
    http://http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations