RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision

Thread: who makes custom powder funnels for dillon powder drop

Boolit Bub

who makes custom powder funnels for dillon powder drop

I've done hours of reading on 9 mm leading problems and I'm convinced I need a different flare due to swaging. I'm loading on a Dillon 550, with Dillon dies and powder measure. I know about the m die and the Lee 38 s&w mods but I'd like to keep it fully progressive. So who offers the powder funnel for 357-358 bullets for 9 mm

Boolit Master
    Here is one place to get custom powder funnels for dillon powder drop.

geoffswanson1@gmail.com G.S. Custom

I shortened a 550 powder die and used the D-funnel to stop the boolits from swaging.

I placed an order with GS Custom March 30th for 3 custom powder funnels. Still have not recieved them and have not heard anything from him. Hopefully, I will get them soon.

Boolit Master
    I ordered one on 4-8-15 and received it in about 5 days. Only problem it is .002" smaller than what I ordered, still waiting to hear from him.

You could try just use the 357/38 funnel to load 9mm. You could also take a 40 funnel to a machinist & have him make it like an M die, have him step it anyway you like.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I ordered one on 4-8-15 and received it in about 5 days. Only problem it is .002" smaller than what I ordered, still waiting to hear from him.
    Well, I emailed him and will see if he responds. If he doesn't in a few days, I will just have to file a claim in paypal for goods not received.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    You could try just use the 357/38 funnel to load 9mm. You could also take a 40 funnel to a machinist & have him make it like an M die, have him step it anyway you like.
    From what I understand u still have to machine the bottom of the die To use the 357 funnel

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    Well, I emailed him and will see if he responds. If he doesn't in a few days, I will just have to file a claim in paypal for goods not received.
    I just received an email from GS Custom he has had eye surgery and has been off line for 6 days and trying to catch up on reply's.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vernb View Post
    From what I understand u still have to machine the bottom of the die To use the 357 funnel
    Yes, to use the Dillon D-funnel you have to machine the bottom of the die for 9mm, makes a close fit but has worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    I just received an email from GS Custom he has had eye surgery and has been off line for 6 days and trying to catch up on reply's.
    I got a reply from him this morning. He said my order would ship tomorrow. I hope he gets the sizes I specified correct.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=VHoward;3219200]I got a reply from him this morning. He said my order would ship tomorrow. I hope he gets the sizes I specified correct.[/QUOTE

G.S. Custom is sending me a funnel of the size I ordered and a return label for the other one.

Sounds like pretty good customer service.

I received my order from GS Custom today all three are the corect size. He should have sent an email with an update that he was going to be out of his shop for a week or so for medical reasons and I would not have said anything. No communications gets me wondering. I've dealt with other companies who decide not to communicate and forget to send you what you paid for.