Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Clements 41 special or 10mm GP100?

Boolit Master

Clements 41 special or 10mm GP100?

Hi all, anyone have one of these? I am seriously interested, not so much for the caliber but for the complete rebuild that you get along with a bigger boolit. I am curious how well they shoot accuracy wise. Does the 40SW in the 10mm shoot reasonably well? Any data/insight is welcome.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Bub
    I have one in .41 spl. It's one of my favorite shooters. It's more accurate than I can shoot an iron sighted revolver. About 2" at 25 yd. is all I'm good for any more.

If you're considering one, get it ordered. You won't regret it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0296.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	136267

Boolit Grand Master

May be hard to find, but starline did make a run of 41 special brass

Boolit Master
    DuaneH,, is that a 5 inch? That is what I am thinking, get a 6 inch and shorten to a 5 inchs. I would like to do it with a service six but the parts availability bothers me.I am also kinda hung up with the 41 vs 10mm issue. I will pass this on to the next generation and a factory load has some appeal.. But then the 41 special has a rim and is more apealing to me at it's lower pressure (loudness) Thanks for the info !
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    Clements did a USFA Shooting Master .357 into a .41 Special and did a great job. Have been thinking about the GP100 I have done the same. That said I really think the way to go, especially if you need to have factory loads available is the 10mm as then one can also use .40 S&W.

The only possible problem I see with the 10mm is bullet pull with heavily loaded ammo. If using handloads one could probably have Lee make a Carbide Factory Crimp die that would do a roll crimp but factory loads would be the standard taper crimp.

As to the Starline .41 Special brass...I bought the last 12K rounds from the guy who commissioned the run from Starline. Sold it all off but about 500 rounds before I had a .41 Special. I ended up cutting down an additional 1000 pieces of Starline brass to have enough brass. So don't count on finding any...to have a run made I believe it is a 50K minimum...

Bob

Boolit Bub
    rking, yes 5 inch. I like the 5" length a lot, its a good compromise between portability and sight radius. Don't know what to tell you about .41 vs 10mm. Factory ammo is a non-starter for me, and I like a rim on a revolver cartridge. One tip if you get a .41 spl, Hornady dies will crimp the spl cases. Any other .41 mag seat die I know of will need to be shortened to crimp specials.

I believe it was our own Ddixie884 who commissioned the Starline brass some years ago. I've only got 200 left, and will have to start trimming cases after that.

Boolit Master
    I use a Lee .41 Magnum Carbide Factory Crimp die and it works fine...

Bob

Boolit Master

I have 5 boxes of .41spl brass left. 250rnds in a USPMOSFRB TYD $120.00. If you want some PM me.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master
    thanks ddixie884, you have a PM

Boolit Bub
    Ddixie884, would it be possible for me to buy 250 as well?

Boolit Master
    superdan, he has enough left for you. When I hear back I will PM you more info.