Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realizing your getting older

Boolit Man
    I'll save you a spot in line Rufus.

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like a plan

Boolit Mold
    an old wise man told me when your 5 years old 1 year goes so slow because it's 1/5 of your life with each year we get older time seams to speed up at 50 each year is 1/50 of your life and when you retire fun always mikes time fly.

77 now and doing the best I can...got some health issues from the "fun years" that went before...Mom lived to 97 and was fine up till the last couple of years...I guess some day my card will get pulled from the rack and punched in the time clock but till then I'm enjoying the great Wife, 3 kids, 4 Grand Kids and 2 Great Grand kids.....and don't have to "be in charge" of anything. Still shoot and reload..play with antique toy steam engines and got a couple of full size antique gas engines to run now and then...we got a classic Olds Cutlass to make trips to the Dairy Queen for a treat on Sunday afternoons.

Ever notice when kids are small and you ask them how old they are they always add "and a half" (like 5 and a half, 7 and a half)...When you hit your "golden years" you don't add the "half".

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Krile View Post
    And we have to set goals... I, for one, intend to outlive Jane Fonda. That's one grave I plan to desecrate no matter how long the line is...
    I'll bring the beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Mold

Well I'm not complaining too much as I'm still getting up on the right side of the grass at 71yrs. Had an argument with a 100ft Eucalyptus tree a few years ago and lost. It provided some health issues and that's why I am giving up my 28-31 Ford AA trucks (1.5 ton). Brought me back to reloading after 40+ yrs and I'm catching up on what is new/old and swaging has caught my eye. Thought benchrest shooting looked more comfortable than tromping through the woods like I did as a young man. Glad that I found this castboolit site as there seems to be a lot of good people on it. The very best to you all. Al

In Remembrance

When my grandfather was 86 I asked if time keeps on getting faster as you reach his age. It sure does, he said. It must be flying for you , I replied. Now I know I didn't have a clue.

Boolit Master

My mom always used to say "there's not much gold in those golden years". I told her I thought the doctors had just perfected a way to keep people alive long enough to take all their money.

My grandfather told me one time on how to live as you get older "He said to take one step at a time and one day at a time because you never know when that last step or day will be" and he lived to be 77 and to this day I live the same way one step and one day at a time
    ALWAYS RELOAD AND SHOOT SAFE

Boolit Master
    Yes, and when one does that, one step, one day, the roses smell better and the spring sunshine warms the bones. Each step, each day, is a blessing.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Bub

A friend of mine asked me one day, "how many weekends do you think you have left?"
    That changed my whole outlook on life and what was/is important.
    Thanks Gene!

Boolit Buddy
    I was told that when a man is 11 he wants a chocolate chip cookie.
    When he is 21 he wants a blond cookie.
    When he's 51 he wants a blond cookie and a chocolate chip cookie.

PK
    Think you can, or think you can't. Either way your right.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Mounted all 10 new tires on the KW today, sure don't need anybody to tell me that I am on the downhill side. lol

I bet you don't miss split rims at all. I mounted eight of those one day, might be able to do one or two these days.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus Krile View Post
    And we have to set goals... I, for one, intend to outlive Jane Fonda. That's one grave I plan to desecrate no matter how long the line is...
    I have a feeling it will be a long line!
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

When your 5 and 7 year old sons Demi d you of your bald spots.

Boolit Master
    I try to do at least some of the same things I did when I was young. I just do them a lot slower now.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

My mind say's that I can still do that, my body just will not co-operate.

Larry

I can't find my glasses.....
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Heaven won't have me and the Devil is afraid I'll take over. So I just take it one day at a time. Now if I could just find several blonde cookies with chocolate chips.....
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sglshotitis View Post
    Well I'm not complaining too much as I'm still getting up on the right side of the grass at 71yrs. Had an argument with a 100ft Eucalyptus tree a few years ago and lost. It provided some health issues and that's why I am giving up my 28-31 Ford AA trucks (1.5 ton). Brought me back to reloading after 40+ yrs and I'm catching up on what is new/old and swaging has caught my eye. Thought benchrest shooting looked more comfortable than tromping through the woods like I did as a young man. Glad that I found this castboolit site as there seems to be a lot of good people on it. The very best to you all. Al
    Welcome to the site Al. I am like you, away from reloading for around 40 years then picked it back up and added casting to my hobby. My moniker says it all, just a worn out tire that got some new tread and is back on the road. I too was happy to find this site. Folks are knowledgeable, helpful and very friendly. Have fun!

Jay (retread)