WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Rossi 45 Colt

Rossi 45 Colt

Before I buy this mold does anyone know if I will have any feeding problems in a Rossi ? LY 2660490 Lyman 452 mold , 255 gr GC.

I believe that mold is for a semi-wad cutter and it MAY hang up on the front edge of the forward drive band. You should look for a mold that is a round nose flat point,RNFP, style for best feeding in a lever action rifle.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by knifemaker View Post
    I believe that mold is for a semi-wad cutter and it MAY hang up on the front edge of the forward drive band. You should look for a mold that is a round nose flat point,RNFP, style for best feeding in a lever action rifle.
    +1 for a RNFP bullet for a '92 Rossi in 45 Colt, it will certainly feed better.

Rossi's often perform better with a .454 bullet, mine certainly does, so does my shooting buddies '92.

I suggest that you try both .452 and .454 RNFP bullets before investing in a mould.

ukrifleman.

Banned

mine will feed the 454424 if I seat it to the front drive band and make the round look like a longer rimmed 45 acp.
    I have to do the same thing with the H&G 68.

Boolit Master
    The RNFP is without issue. I have run several 225 - 250 SWC and not had any problems but I have not used the specific Lyman molds to which you refer.

Boolit Mold
    I have two rossi's in 45 LC they both run LBT WFN's just fine, but as others said they prefer a slightly larger size.

Boolit Buddy

My 92 Rossi 45 LC run the RCBS 45-250-FN sized at 452 just fine.
    A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...2441-Ron-in-PA

Boolit Master
    I have two molds for my 92. The one I shoot the most is the Lee 2 R TL 230 gr round nose. I tumble lube only for that boolit and most of my shooting with that boolit is never over 40 yards ie.. cowboy shooting. For health reasons I don't shoot cowboy any more. The other one is the RNFN by Lyman and it shoots very well. I think both of them are .452 or a hair more.

Boolit Master

I shoot Lee semi wadcutters all day long in my Rossi Ranchhand 45 with out a hiccup.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Master

Mine loves the 255 rfn so far no failures.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I can't believe the answers on this question, not about the bullets style but the size of the bullet. Rossi has made the 92 lever action rifles in South America, Brazil to be exact for many years. They are very fine rifles but like all other makes of rifles, the bores are not all alike and if you want your rifle to shoot accurately then a bore slugging is the first step. Just because one rifle needs a certain size does not mean they all do.
    The Rossi will function without a hitch with just a small amount of tweaking and a very strong action also. Enjoy David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    My Rossi 45 will feed 200 gr SWC bullets when seated to the middle of the front driving band and lightly crimped.

RCBS 45-230-CM feed quite smoothly and may drop a fatter boolet than that New Lyman.

After reading the responses here I'll try some sized .454

Boolit Master

I don't own a .45 but I do own a .357 and .44 and have yet to find a bullet profile they won't feed. The only thing that holds you back is the OAL of the cartridge.
    Disclaimer: Reloading and casting I only look at cents/round and ignore any other costs