Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: thinkin of a new (to me anyway) simi , here what id like, any suggestions?

thinkin of a new (to me anyway) simi , here what id like, any suggestions?

it will b a while before i can afford a new or used pistol as med bills has me in a bad bind. but i been thinking of trying to find a good sa/da auto in 10mm or 45acp or maybe one that can be converted to 460rowland.
    first i want a reliable gun, one i can count on if i have to.
    want a full sized sa/da simi auto (dont have to be a 1911) but would like all steel or stainless. , one that will feed and shoot cast boolits. one that will take heavy hunting type loads. woild like one with a lifetime warranty, but still affordable. one thats accurate, would like adjustable sights, and a fully supported chamber. i know thats a lot to ask for an affordable pistol, but would be nice to not go over say 700. i been reading and looking at the RIA tac 1911 in 10mm. this will not be an every day carry or a conceald carry. something i can take in the mountians or throw in truck seat and just somethin to shoot. would be nice to be easy to work on , nice to be able to get a say 3 pound crisp trigger and be able to get upgrade or add on parts, grips, and would like it to have say 8 or 9 plus 1 capacity or more.

yea i kno , lot to ask , but i figured id ask for any input , like i said it will prob be a while b4 i get to go shopping. a good used gun is fine long as it is in good shape. thanks for any suggestions, advice.
    hope all has a great week, GOD BLESS
    Darrell

Boolit Master
    Springfield Mil-Spec would be the best place to start. I'm not sure if it has a fully supported chamber or not. I know guys that bought the Norinco as a cheap gun and are very happy with it.

Boolit Master

Wow thats quit a list ! although i am 1911 nut ! except for the 460 Rowland conversion my choice would be a EAA Witness Match, comes with everything on your wish list except DA trigger.but it does have a sweet SA trigger pull . this gun is bulit by the EAA custom shop!
    Avaliable in 9mm , 38 super , 40s&w, 10mm , and 45 acp , and priced at $976 list and sell for a little over $700.00 in my area. last year i paid $600.00 for mine but prices went up since
    I have one and like it very much in 9mm. IMO its alot of gun for the money!
    CK out Davidsons gallery of guns for prices in your area.
    Last edited by bobthenailer; 03-24-2015 at 11:04 AM.

yea i know that is quit a list , thanks for the replies i sure appriciate them. i have been looking at the Norinco, and EAA witness also and some others. the da part really dont matter all that much but i figured it would be nice. that 38super was also on my list, i have a nice 38swc lyman mould but no 40 / 10mm mould yet, but i have 40/10mm dies. im not saying anything about glocks or any poly gun or any striker fired gun here, one of the toughest and most accurate 45 ive owned was a hi point. but traded it for a 30-06 savage with scope last week. i have moulds and dies for the 45 also. , just personal prefrence. i also like wheel guns , but have some, altho been looking hard at a gp100. i used to love my dads police service 6 in stainless 6inch. thanks again for the replies i appriciate em. like i said with all the med bills it might be a while b4 i really go shopping. thanks again.
    GOD BLESS
    Darrell

Love Life
    Before plopping down cash on a Norinco, check the locking lugs for peening. Peened locking lugs are a quick way to throw $179.00 down the drain for a new Kart EZ fit barrel kit.

Groo here
    I am messing with a 45 Witness.
    As long as you spring them right and stay away from the round slide[light weight]
    all should be fine.[ in the heavy 10mm]
    PS eaa has conversion kits for many cartridges so you can "play". [lol]

thanks for the info Love Life, i sure appriciate it. thank you also Groo, i was lookin at those eaa guns b4 i started wanting one. at least i know they can be made to handle heavy 10mm. and i didnt know aabout the conversion kits , i like to ''play'' with guns , thats why i like the savage 110 rifles , got a 300wm ive had a long time now and have done lots to it and still not finished. i have wanted another one and thats why i traded for the 30-06. the 300 is too heavy to cary hunting , abd i been thinking of a 35 wheelin barrell to use on the other and keep it within hunting weight. they are both shooters. anyway i kno this is about pistols so back to them. i have also looked at the springfield after they was mentioned and really like the forged steel frames, looking at the range officer model. anyway thanks for the info and replies , keep em comming. oh about the fully supported chamber , i have went thru so much bulged brass , i have lee fcd dies to run it thru but still dont trust it for anything more than just loads strong enuff to feed and eject right. so long as the brass comes out in good enuff shape to load a few more times without splitting iss what i was concerned about. thanks again my friends. hope all has a great week.GOD BLESS Darrell