MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Best 357 boolit for Marlin U/L... any ideas guys?

Boolit Bub

Best 357 boolit for Marlin U/L... any ideas guys?

... okay, I started to write this, and I have gone ahead and ordered a NOE special, anyway! Its a 360 154gr HP 4 cavity. Hope it fits the bill. Always wanted a HP mold, now I'm getting one!

It was a bit confusing mind, as the description is different to the actual order. The pictures show a 145gr boolit, and with GC. Hope its the pics that are wrong and not the items main description.
    I could kick myself though, as i meant to include some sprue lube and tool... dam too late!

I will write up a report when i get the mold and start casting!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by saxguy View Post
    It was a bit confusing mind, as the description is different to the actual order. The pictures show a 145gr boolit, and with GC. Hope its the pics that are wrong and not the items main description.
    SaxGuy,

The bullet description details the weight of a solid nose bullets when cast from wheel weights.
    Casting with the hollow point pins will throw bullets that weights 145 grains.

Hope this helps.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Banned
    In my Marlin 1894 I use the NOE 360-180 WFN. I size it to .360". I have yet to find a load that is NOT accurate with this bullet. I use 2400 and AA#7 for magnum level loads. I also load 38 spl loads (700 fps) in 357 mag cases with Bullseye and W231. These are very accurate as well.

Best of luck.

Boolit Master

For the marlin 357 mag rifle to function properly through the action, the bullet nose to crimp length should not exceed .315 or a COL longer than 1.605 .

Usually unless the action is modified to accept a slightly longer col most of my normal 158 and 180 gr 357 mag bullets styles exceed this col , but i have two that are under the max col and work well ! a Saeco #382 and 383 and a GB Lee 180gr gc WFN whch is usually my go to bullet used without GC installed for loads under 1,200 fps.

I only use 357 mag cases for loading in this rifle and most 357 revolvers.

Boolit Bub
    sqhart3578..... the NOE 360-180 WFN mold.... what is the cast weight? is it hollow point design weighing less? GC ? I have played with a lot of lighter weight designs to no avail. Currently having good 100 yard groups from my LBT 180 WFN GC with fast pistol powders. Had a hard time finding a accurate mild load for the short range CB Lever Action Silhouette.

Banned
    Hal,

I selected the plain based version of this mold, no gas checks. They average 186 gr after sizing and two coats of lube. They are not hollow pointed but you may be able to get it as an option, I don't know.

I shoot this bullet from 700 fps to 1600 fps with great success. I load all of my rounds in 357 mag cases. I mounted a Skinner peep sight on my rifle also. It is a blast to sit at the firing line and hit clay pigeons at will from 15 yards to 125 yards.

For lighter bullets I took a Lee 158 gr RFN and lapped it out to .361". I size it to .360" and it is very accurate also.

Attachment 134604Attachment 134601Attachment 134602Attachment 134603