Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How smart are you? Take the science test

Boolit Master

13 for 13, and pretty fast, too. Good questions, but 30% below 50% right is shocking - well, mebbe not...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy
    13 out of 13! Guess after seven years of higher education beyond high school, three years residency in Anesthesiology plus a career spent teaching Anesthesiology I actually learned - and retained - a few bits of info!! But what really bothers me is that all those people who scored below 50% are actually allowed to vote!! No wonder we get the likes of B.O.!!!

I answered all 13 correctly as well. I believe this forum's contributors are well above average in the technical knowlege department.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Took me less than 2 minutes. I got 12 out of 13 correct which I knew would be the case because I think Pangea is a stupid asinine theory.
    If somebody asks me if I think all the continents were once connected, I say "yes I do, and they still are. If you remove all the water out of the oceans, you will notice there is dirt undernieth that spans from continent to continent. A "continent" is simply a high spot in the dirt, and an "ocean" is simply a low spot in the dirt" (to put it in language a kindergartener could understand.)

Plate tectonics is a widely accepted theory because there is so very much evidence in support of it. I say this as someone with a degree in geology. The movement of the continental plates can and actually has been measured.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master
    12 out of 13, I missed the atmosphere.

Boolit Master
    Due to working a full time job, I literally slept through most of High School, and some of college. I can't believe that only 7% got 100%, I had no problem obtaining that number. That was pretty basic stuff.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Mold
    13 out of 13. I am a Chemical Engineer, a volunteer EMT and served on a Town committee on hydrofracking so those helped. I am surprised though with as much publicity as hydrofracking and global warming get, the score on those was only a little over 50%.

Boolit Buddy
    12 out of 13 😣

13/13. Apparently bullet casters are an intelligent group as a whole.

Boolit Master

Practical intelligent problem solvers. PIPS
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

When you consider the range of people likely included in any poll or study, it shouldn't be surprising that most people don't have a lot of really basic scientific understanding. Think about the average people you know or rub shoulders with day to day. I'm thinking about some older folks I know: good people but couldn't care less about science. I know a lot of twenty-somethings that could tell you all about pop culture, fashion, sports, etc., but who I expect would do poorly on this little quiz. They're not dumb; they just don't care.

Most of those questions were really, really basic knowledge. My 10 year old daughter knew most of them. However, missing some or even a bunch of them doesn't mean a person is stupid, just ignorant of that particular piece of scientific knowledge. Most people focus on what they are interested in and easily forget the rest. No big deal- we all do it.

BTW, I fibbed earlier when I posted that I only got a few (just trying to be funny). I was embarrassed to brag about knowing such basic questions. Now, if someone could find a link to a similar quiz about pop culture, fashion, or something like that, then I'll post my score here and do some bragging about how bad I did.

Boolit Master

All 13...but I'm a science teacher, so it would be pretty sad if I didn't. On the flip side, I would classify all but maybe 2 of those as "reasonably intelligent human being" level of questions.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    OK keep in mind that this test was out there for every one to participate including the folks who elected Obama! So that says a lot! The general "populous" is very stupid!!!
    Just got to love this "new" COUNTRY! Yeah Right!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master

13 right.

13 out of 13.
    I'm a high school graduate and they sent me to special education most of my school years. The classroom was affectionately known as the retard room by all of the wonderful £#×*€ I mean young adults I went to school with! I don't miss school one bit. It seemed like whenever I asked complicated question the teachers did not have the ability to answer I guess. They would tell me look at the book and just look at the example. The examples are only capable of telling one plausible outcome not why it can come out another way they used to get so frustrated with me. I finally one day told a math teacher who didn't seem to care for me much ------- I want you to show me over and over again if necessary not show me some pictures.
    After I got out of school I just let my own curiosity be my guide I learned by getting my hands on what I was interested in. And I also learned many things from my elders who were willing to teach me.
    THE GUN
    The gun has been praised.
    The gun has been denounced.
    The gun has played a critical role in History.
    The gun has been implemented for good.
    The gun has been abused for evil.
    With the gun comes a great moral responsibility!
    To better understand the gun is to better under stand History. And with the gun protect your future.
    D.B

Did you guys notice that the questions were somewhat hotly debated issues? It seems like everyone got >10, I wonder if they actually time the response time and are more interested in that. Only a few questions were things that a normal person wouldn't know.

Boolit Mold
    I got 12 of 13, not bad for a guy that barely finished high school.

In Remembrance

All 13 correct and didn't have to use google, about 1 min. to finish. Must have absorbed some knowledge by osmosis.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    When you consider the range of people likely included in any poll or study, it shouldn't be surprising that most people don't have a lot of really basic scientific understanding. Think about the average people you know or rub shoulders with day to day. I'm thinking about some older folks I know: good people but couldn't care less about science. I know a lot of twenty-somethings that could tell you all about pop culture, fashion, sports, etc., but who I expect would do poorly on this little quiz. They're not dumb; they just don't care.

Most of those questions were really, really basic knowledge. My 10 year old daughter knew most of them. However, missing some or even a bunch of them doesn't mean a person is stupid, just ignorant of that particular piece of scientific knowledge. Most people focus on what they are interested in and easily forget the rest. No big deal- we all do it.

BTW, I fibbed earlier when I posted that I only got a few (just trying to be funny). I was embarrassed to brag about knowing such basic questions. Now, if someone could find a link to a similar quiz about pop culture, fashion, or something like that, then I'll post my score here and do some bragging about how bad I did.

Well. pilgrim........her 'ya go!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...w-hip-were-you

banger-j

Boolit Master
    +13

Three 44s