Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any 50 BMG Casters in here?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by luckygunner87 View Post
    Would any of you be interested in selling me some boolets for testing to see how they shoot?
    call me. I get back to the states on the 21st, or 28th depending on what my manager says (korea)

You're talking about NOE850? GC or PB?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    As said, you twist would be GTG to just shy of 1800 fps I believe..

Black powder guns with the 1-9" twist would be fine at 1100 fps. You must understand that my velocities of the 850gr NOE boolit range from 1600 to 2200 fps. Once I get another barrel installed with a more reasonable throat/leade, I hope to get 2500fps out of the 850gr.
    When did you get mad at your shoulder?
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Grand Master
    2200fps isn't too bad, but I suspect the 2500fps one will put a pretty good smak on my shoulder. We are hoping to get a 1000 yd range built around here and REALLY want to try cast at that range and just see what it will do.

Boolit Bub
    Still looking for a mold for my 510 cal thumper. Got the dies, waiting on a barrel now.

1/9.5 twist here, so similar to the OPs. Should be just dandy subsonic as the bullets are not going to spin past 80k rpm at 1050 FPS. Should be able to stabilize pulled surplus bullets as well for jacketed shooting.

I have been eying that NOE 850 as well, but I have seen a few "pointy" single cavity molds that look interesting.

If you intend on going for suppressed and quiet consider running under 1000 FPS if your twist will allow. Depending on bullet it can make a big difference in sound FWIW.

Boolit Bub
    Just looked at those CBE molds... Definitely something to check out I think. That hollow point version of the 975 would be a heck of a hunting slug from a big whisper!

Anyone have any other feedback on the CBE stuff for us?

Boolit Mold
    I shoot the m33 650 grain ball bullets right now but they limit you on power at subsonic speed.

Boolit Grand Master
    As said, look at Accurate moulds. He makes some good 660 to 700gr designs. Now, with NOE, ask Swede if he has any moulds made from the 850gr cherry, but you end up taking the gas check area off and end with a boolit of about 750grains
    shoots very well in my 50AK. He probably doesn't have any as he made mine when he was running a batch of 850gr moulds. He just doesn't run the cherry down in as far.
    I had the CBE mould. It shot great! But, had a hard time getting boolits to release from the mold. Was afraid I was going to break the handles or the mould. That and 7 booits to the pound.!!!

Boolit Mold
    Rockrat did you smoke the cbe mold? I have never used a brass mold.

Boolit Grand Master
    smoked it, kroiled it, lapped the cavity, used NEI mould prep. Nothing helped. Communicated with others who had the same mould, and they didn't have the same problem. I just had a lemon I guess. Must have had a slight burr that I missed, that would cause it to not release. CBE, to their credit, offered to look at it and replace it if warranted, but I just quit using it.

Boolit Mold
    Ohh ok thanks for the info. I like the NOE 850 I just don't think the ogive is right for my magazine guess I will just pony up the cash and get the CBE