MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Where is the 22-250 Brass? 17 mar 2015

Question Where is the 22-250 Brass? 17 mar 2015

I was minding my own business (it happens!) and an unindited co-conspirator calls, looking to see if he could size down some 243 Winchester to 22-250. I check, and yes, it's been done, might need some inside neck reaming, but eminently doable.

Then I started to look for ANY 22-250 brass. WHAT? The cheapest available stuff (Privi Partisan) is about .47 PER CASE....
    http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/12627

Checked Graf, Midway, Midsouth, Natchez so far.. Sinclair as well.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

In Remembrance
    I would keep in mind if it's in stock, most of the time it isn't. Not only that if it's not in stock the price isn't current either. Those will require a reaming operation as you know, but .47ea plus ship isn't bad for factory brass either. By the time a person gets the parent case, the gauges, get whatever die(s) they need, the reamer, and trimming and annealing that .47ea sounds pretty darn good.

That's why I have the 257 Roberts conversion I'm doing out on field trials, and I don't expect a problem either.

Check the price on those, but sit down first.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Master

Grafs also lists Lapua and Norma at over a buck a piece. Believe me, if you've never tackled a serious case forming job, that dollar a piece starts to look good when its late at night, the bench is covered with wrecked brass, and you haven't managed to successfully form a case yet.

The 22-250 brass is in the same place the 7mm-08 brass is located: on back order production lists. I looked for months for 7mm-08 brass and found none. I did find Silver State .308 brass at a good price. Fortunately for me, I only had to neck down and fire form them. BTW, Silver State brass is very nice to work with. Glad I made the purchase.

I have read elsewhere that Privi Partisan makes good ammunition. If I had a 22-250 I wanted to shoot, I wouldn't hesitate to buy that brand. You get loaded ammo AND brass for reloading. Not a bad deal, compared to the potential problems that Grumpa and 376 identify above.

On Heaven's Range

Scheels in Reno has had Hornady .22-250 brass in stock on my last three visits.... say, over the last six weeks or so.

It's rather pricey at around $45 per 50 cases, but compared to the condition of having NO cases, I can live with it.

A group of us CB members have a sage-rat shoot coming up in April, and I really need to have a bunch of loaded ammo (target amount is something over 1000 rounds for the three-day week-end.... and YES, I may need every round!)
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Cheshire Oregon-Near Eugene about 60 miles from Pacific coast
    I have some that I pulled the bullets from. Don't have a 22-250 any more but do have a .222. Problem is it is primed. Think I have 100 or so. PM me if you know how to ship it. 30 dollars per 50. Once fired and some may not have been fired at all.

Boolit Master
    I have some once fired 22-250 brass. Let me know. I think there's 50 or so

Thanks, everyone, I got mine

Thanks for the offers, a member contacted me last week and we were able to seal the deal (Trump, eat your heart out!).

I took the cases over to my neighbor on Friday. Saturday he tried 80gr bullets, and they were 3/4 length silhouettes in the target at 50 yards. He will try some 70 or so grainers next.

Supposedly, it has a 1:10 twist, I dunno...
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!