Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another rush on ARs?

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
    So charging one guy more because he's a pain in the butt and your trying to get rid of him before he gets one of your other customers killed with his bad advise bad business practice, but CTD's price gouging during every panic, pandering to the anti gunners by taking ARs off the shelves a few days after Sandy Hook, supporting the anti gun Universal Background Check bill, selling dangerous ammunition, and cheating customers with their outrageous shipping is not bad practice?
    Their practices were applied across the board. Everybody paid the jacked up prices, everybody lost the ability to buy AR's from them, and everybody stood to suffer if the background check went into play. As for the shipping...if people can't put forth the effort to see which ware house their stuff is shipping from, or possibly call and place an order, than that makes no matter to me.

MaryB's mall ninja did not get that choice. He was given the big weenie because he was "A mall ninja" who may or may not (based off a random poster's comment) have passed on bad info. Once again, only a mouth breather takes the word of strangers as gospel so if anybody got hurt then you can consider it bleach in the gene pool.

However, MaryB said "Retarded stuff" not bad or unsafe advice. Please do not add false details.

Banned
    So what your saying is, one person getting screwed over is worst than thousands (millions if you count the background check bs) getting screwed over.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Love Life
    No. The one person was intentionally screwed. He was unaware and unable to make an educated decision to not purchase the ammo based off price and the fact that he was "Gouged" because of his preference in dress.

With CDT, you are only screwed if you make the decision to purchase at prices that you find distasteful.

On the one hand, MaryB's gunshop hosed a patron. On the other hand CDT increased prices, but you are aware of them, and have the opportunity to make an informed decision and not purchase from them.

It doesn't matter if it is CDT or Joe Bob's French fry shack.

Boolit Grand Master

I have to agree w/ LL on this one. And I've been very vocal about my dislike for CTD. There was a local shop that had "floating prices" based on how much the owner liked you. He's no longer in business because people found out about this.

I completely understand being friends w/ an owner and getting a discount because of this. I don't charge my friends full price when I do work for them. But I also don't charge people based on how much they've pissed me off. And I want to rake everyone over the coals that calls for service at 1:30am.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    No. The one person was intentionally screwed. He was unaware and unable to make an educated decision to not purchase the ammo based off price and the fact that he was "Gouged" because of his preference in dress.

With CDT, you are only screwed if you make the decision to purchase at prices that you find distasteful.

On the one hand, MaryB's gunshop hosed a patron. On the other hand CDT increased prices, but you are aware of them, and have the opportunity to make an informed decision and not purchase from them.

It doesn't matter if it is CDT or Joe Bob's French fry shack.
    Ok, CTD is intentionally screwing everyone, and the guy choose to buy that product at whatever price he bough it at. I'm not saying that the shop was right in doing that, I'm saying those are both bad business practices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Not my LGS, regulars get one price, mall ninjas get another! I paid $40 less than what he charged the mall ninja in front of me for the same ammo. Dude was wearing body armor, had 3 pistols strapped on that I could see, a ridiculous knife that was more of a machete... when he left and we heard the car leave we burst out laughing. First time he had ever bought something after hanging around for a year telling customers retarded stuff. He was told to not come back a while ago unless he was buying. 3 other regulars who reload were in plus the owner.
    MaryB never said the guy was overcharged. She stated she paid $40 less. This could mean a frequent customer discount. Now if the LGS had one price posted and this "Mall Ninja" was charged more than that posted price, that's another ball game.

Ive spent untold thousands of dollars at my LGS. I appreciate the discounts they give me. I don't directly ask for them but we all know each other by name as well as tastes in firearms.

Several areas of commerce are like this. Look at car shopping for instance.

If this guy felt he was being cheated, he could have walked out.

Boolit Buddy
    I heard from the local shop that they were selling a few more than usual, his stock is far from low though. He thought it was mostly just people buying a second (or tenth) rifle with tax return money. Wal-Mart doesn't seem to have any less than they always have.

According to what the NSSF posted today the ATF just printed their new rule book (it gets printed roughly every ten years because it takes so long to get it approved by whoever oversees them).....
    and the new rule book already lists m855 as NON EXEMPTED. The book had been in process for years, so they had to be planning this since at least 2013. So this whole "comment period" is only for show. They don't intend to even consider any opinions but their own. The only way we're reversing this is via congress.
    Last edited by destrux; 03-06-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    AP stands for anti personnel, which is what m855 is.

Personally, I don't use it cause I find it's less accurate than the lead core anyway.

I still don't agree with the ban, of course.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    MaryB never said the guy was overcharged. She stated she paid $40 less. This could mean a frequent customer discount. Now if the LGS had one price posted and this "Mall Ninja" was charged more than that posted price, that's another ball game.
    That's pretty much the picture I picked up, too.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Banned

Ive spent untold thousands of dollars at my LGS. I appreciate the discounts they give me. I don't directly ask for them but we all know each other by name as well as tastes in firearms.

That's a good point.

Boolit Buddy

Boolit Master

If AR-15 prices go up this time, I'm selling. At 64, I'm too old to fight in the next revolution, and anyway, a .30-06 suits my personality better.

And in the army I served in, 'AP' was 'armor piercing', as in 'AP-T' - 'armor-piercing, with tracer', or APSD-T - 'armor piercing, discarding sabot, with tracer'.

dale in Louisiana

Boolit Master

I don't think the "mall ninja" got hosed at all! He obvously paid the listed price and walked out with his purchase. Mary B on the other hand got a discount for being a frequent customer. When I owned my business regular customers got "helped out" at times when I could too! They appreciated a break on freight rates in lean times and I called it good business to help maintain customer loyalty. When I had to raise my rates MOST of the customers I helped out didn't even bat an eye. It worked WELL for me and them.

Moderator Emeritus

It is not messed up, this dude thinks he knows everything, had told customers potentially deadly reloading mistakes like cramming a compressed load of CFE223 in a case by filling it and then shoving the bullet in... in 3 years he has not bought 1 item until he was told to not come back unless he was buying.

That's messed up. If I knew the name of the gunshop I would start a campaign against them similar to how people campaign against Cheaper than Dirt.

Moderator Emeritus

I have bought 4 new guns from him in the last 2 years, plenty of powder and primers, and lots of ammo. This dude has not purchased 1 thing in 3 years. Yes I get a discount he doesn't because all my business goes to this gun shop.

CDT charges the same jacked up prices for everybody. No "favoritism" based off how somebody looks or chooses to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

Keep trying and one day you'll get one right.

The business practices of MaryB's LGS smells worse to me than CDT could ever be imagined to be.

Moderator Emeritus

He told a new reloader to take an 223 case, stuff it with FE223 then cram the bullet in compressing the powder. He overheard us talking about our pet load of 27.5 grains and claimed his load was the best. Soon as he turned his back we had a hurried whisper with the newbie to NOT do it if he likes his gun and his face.

Their practices were applied across the board. Everybody paid the jacked up prices, everybody lost the ability to buy AR's from them, and everybody stood to suffer if the background check went into play. As for the shipping...if people can't put forth the effort to see which ware house their stuff is shipping from, or possibly call and place an order, than that makes no matter to me.

MaryB's mall ninja did not get that choice. He was given the big weenie because he was "A mall ninja" who may or may not (based off a random poster's comment) have passed on bad info. Once again, only a mouth breather takes the word of strangers as gospel so if anybody got hurt then you can consider it bleach in the gene pool.

However, MaryB said "Retarded stuff" not bad or unsafe advice. Please do not add false details.

Moderator Emeritus

He paid the marked price, I do get a frequent buyer discount plus I do laser engraving for the LGS and we do a ton of barter back and forth.

Banned
    i am against the ban. i wrote my rep. about it and signed a few petitions.
    i was in the army reserves in the 1990's. i hunt and shoot targets. but i never owned a m16 or ar's. i have shot everything from single shots to semi's to full auto's. the only thing i've learned is that the first shot is the only shot. i've been using a tc encore with four barrels, a 45-70 handi-rifle, and a 1898 spr armory 30-40 krag. theres others, levers, pumps, bolts, just to name a few.
    as a matter of fact, i walked into three gun stores and the first thing that i went to was the old ww1 and ww2 bolt actions. i never noticed if the gun stores had ar's or not. some people like them, some don't. but i do draw the line on government supported rifle and bullet bans.

if i could walk and talk(had a stroke) i'd be the first guy to speak out against the ban.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    thank you 80,338 here, Joe F is 80,279 I have other family and friends scattered threw it.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".