Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver Accuracy; Perspection, perception and reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Seancass View Post
    Jim, here's what you need to do. Open a Word file on your computer(or notepad if you don't have Window's Office). Save As "Reloading" to your desktop. Make a list of categories that you think are important for reloading, such as bullets, cases, twist, grip, tension, powder, primers, etc. Every night for a week, before you hop on this forum and wear out your typing fingers, write down everything you think about each subject. After a week, copy the whole thing and post it on this forum as a new thread. I'd be very interested in reading it.
    I would also like to read that. I emailed 44man and got some of the information and figured out some of the rest. I still don't have it all, but my groups have improved rather dramatically.

The biggest problem with reading 44man's posts is that his mind works faster than he types so he leaves out bits that he thought he typed already. Also he forgets that a lot of us don't have his experience base and makes assumptions about what we already know since it is obvious/basic to him, thereby leaving out basic(for him) details that we aren't aware of.
    If you read carefully, a lot of the time you can figure out what he didn't type. This requires thinking about all the details of ammo construction to minimize the deformations caused by firing a cast bullet in a firearm. In this case, a revolver, which is a different animal than a rifle, single shot, or semi-auto pistol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    44.......again, a whole lotta consensus says I'm right. That may not sit well with you but nobody said you have to come away from this entirely comfortable with your claims.
    You are not correct. No gun has made me work harder to find they are wonderful pieces of art. if not for the revolver, I don't know what I would do. Got tired of rifle stuff to find a challenge.
    i actually did shoot 5 shots in 1/4' at 350 yards with my pre 64 .220 swift and shot chucks in the eye at well over 600 yards. I made custom rifles to blow you away. Been a gunsmith most of my life.
    Have you ever done this flintlock that will put 5 RB's in one hole at 50 yards. Attachment 130753Attachment 130754Attachment 130755

Banned

How about a 6.5 Swede that does under 1/2" all day at 100?Attachment 130756Attachment 130757Attachment 130758Ever checker a rifle? I use no borders to hide mistakes.
    Show me what you do.

That is a very pretty gun(flintlock). How long did it take to do the fitting on the stock assuming you did it yourself?

Boolit Grand Master
    44man, here's how this works. Quit making outlandish claims in your ripostes and trying to pass them off as expected accuracy in this thread......and I go away.

Keep it up and I call a spade a spade. Outlandish claims passed off as typical results make the rest of your advice look suspect even when it may be factual. That's spoiling the rest of your message due to association with questionable claims.

If if a guy stretches the truth in one area, just what else might he be embellishing?

You might wanna quit while you are behind. I can keep this up just as long as you can.

Your call.

Boolit Bub
    Dang, for half a page or so there, we were almost back on topic...

44man--- I would still like to see that write up on reloading for revolver accuracy if you are willing to do it.
    No big hurry, since I would rather it be as complete as possible rather than just parts of it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    That is a very pretty gun(flintlock). How long did it take to do the fitting on the stock assuming you did it yourself?
    Took me 6 months. Curly maple plank from a kiln in Ohio. Swamped barrel, took two weeks to fit. left the stock 1/8" over for carving. Drew patterns on paper over and over to get right. I made all the brass parts, patch box, etc and engraved them with home made tools. I bought rough castings for the butt plate and trigger guard. All carving tools were home made.
    35remington does not who he is fooling with.
    I lie a lot. I made this pie safe from white oak hit by lightning in my woods. I did buy oak plywood for some parts.Attachment 130764I did buy the punched copper panels.
    Sorry 35remington if I am not to your standards. But you show nothing at all. I wish I could show my custom work but had several puter failures so lost pictures.
    Nobody has made revolvers shoot like I have so 35remington should show or go away.
    I have nothing to hide and want every shooter to be better then I am. Ask and get all I have.

Boolit Grand Master
    To allow you to try to dominate a thread about realistic revolver accuracy is a disservice to those who read it. Consider me a fixture here as long as you continue your ways.

Others have said that proving anything is irrelevant to the message, so if the standard is set so low that no one is required to prove anything we're stuck where we are.

I'm here for the duration to add a counterbalance to the wild eyed accuracy claims as long as is needed. Consider this a filibuster and learn to live with it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    Took me 6 months. Curly maple plank from a kiln in Ohio. Swamped barrel, took two weeks to fit. left the stock 1/8" over for carving. Drew patterns on paper over and over to get right. I made all the brass parts, patch box, etc and engraved them with home made tools. I bought rough castings for the butt plate and trigger guard. All carving tools were home made.
    35remington does not who he is fooling with.
    I lie a lot. I made this pie safe from white oak hit by lightning in my woods. I did buy oak plywood for some parts.I did buy the punched copper panels.
    Sorry 35remington if I am not to your standards. But you show nothing at all. I wish I could show my custom work but had several puter failures so lost pictures.
    Nobody has made revolvers shoot like I have so 35remington should show or go away.
    I have nothing to hide and want every shooter to be better then I am. Ask and get all I have.

Credit were credit is due. That is an oustanding flinter. Great work. But what are you stating here?

Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    I lie a lot.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 02-14-2015 at 04:27 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I expect that was an editing error.......that's my guess, anyway. I would fall off my chair in amazement if he actually admitted he lies a lot.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    44man, here's how this works. Quit making outlandish claims in your ripostes and trying to pass them off as expected accuracy in this thread......and I go away.

Keep it up and I call a spade a spade. Outlandish claims passed off as typical results make the rest of your advice look suspect even when it may be factual. That's spoiling the rest of your message due to association with questionable claims.

If if a guy stretches the truth in one area, just what else might he be embellishing?

You might wanna quit while you are behind. I can keep this up just as long as you can.

Your call.
    So 44man posts what you think are outlandish claims...I don't see it that way...nor do I care, this forum is chock full of "outlandish" claims, if you choose to see them as that. I was shown years ago what revolvers are capable of, with a good shooter handling them.

You've shown that you're more than capable of keeping up with this silly crud, belittling another person...I get it, I'm sure most get it...you can go the distance with an old man...it's to the point now where it's just ridiculous and very unbecoming. It makes you look small and petty and detracts from any posts you make on any subject. Let it go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Credit were credit is due. That is an oustanding flinter. Great work. But what are you stating here?
    Bought plywood and copper panels. Can't take credit for that.

Boolit Grand Master

That cabinet is sweet. I always wanted to learn wood working, been on the bucket list for about 50 years. Maybe someday yet.

Now put your shoes away.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Banned

Just in case anybody is interested in how to not be a member here, look at the recents posts of one member on this thread.
    it is a pretty good road map to follow.

Boolit Master
    Beautiful work shown by 44man on the Swede and flint lock rifle. I can put several balls through one hole with mine at 50 yards, as long as its a pretty damned large hole, lol.

I have no reason to doubt that others can do so given a rather small one hole group. If some one has doubt, I see not reason to go tell it on the mountain. Silence can be golden and a simple comment of doubt and then silence can be tolerable. Harping relentlessly? There is not much positive to come of that, much negative to reflect upon the harper. I've said too much......

prs

Boolit Master
    I wonder how many of the highly successful handgun hunters, Larry Kelly, JD Jones, Pamela Atwood, Lucky Nightingale etc. used handguns, especially revolvers that consistently grouped in 1 MOA?

Boolit Grand Master

There are people in this thread that are trying to learn something. There are 2 1/2 people in this thread that are destroying the thread. As one of those 2 1/2 why don't you give it up?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    I wonder how many of the highly successful handgun hunters, Larry Kelly, JD Jones, Pamela Atwood, Lucky Nightingale etc. used handguns, especially revolvers that consistently grouped in 1 MOA?
    Hard to say, but I don't recall any of them claiming so?

Also, your sig line kills me. The answer is gravity! GRAVITY! arrgghhh!!!! but I'm sure you already know that, it'd take less than a minute to figure that out with google.

Anywho, this thread disappeared for a while, thought it'd been deleted. Glad it doesn't look like anybody got banned. or maybe they did, i dunno.

I did some reloading work today, but it might deserve it's own thread on reloading, instead of "accuracy expectations".

Boolit Buddy
    I started casting for and loading .44 mag. in the early 70`s. I have pretty much stuck with 2400 since then [a little unique at first, some blue dot since the shortage.] I have only used 296 in the .475, am I missing the boat on long range accuracy by not using 296 in the .44s?