Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked up another Sheridan

Boolit Buddy
    6 Pumps is a mild charge; likely around 550 fps for a stock rifle. At that range I have blasted clean through their noggins on 5 pumps though( sighted to 10m at that power, and nailing one off a tree right past the porch).
    cheers,
    Douglas
    1990 D250, NV5600, Luk 05-101, 16cm housing, TST Kit KDP tab, 366 spring, Powr-Lok'd 3.07, HX35...IC soon
    She wasn't built to travel at the speed a rumour flies

Boolit Master
    Mine, a Blue Streak, was a gift to me from Dad back in 1966 for my 12th BD. Many of those yellow cartons of 5mm pellets have been exhausted. The gun has had no repairs and works great. Never has seem more than 8 pumps. My son was given a Silver Streak at age 12. His also shoots great to this day.

prs

Boolit Master
    When I was just starting hunting I had a squirrel absorb 9 rounds of .22 to the body.

If you are going to go for lung/heart shots I would like to suggest 1) 8 pumps 2) try the Crow Magnum HP

I busted a crow a few years ago at 35 yards with the standard Benjamin/Sheridan 13 grain pellet. Hit the crow in the right wing joint, went through the body and broke the left one on the way out....DRT

Same year I also took a red squirrel at 20 yards. Was shooting down hill and took him between the shoulder blades. He flopped around but died within a minute.

Precision and shot placement is the key with any gun but especially so with an air rifle...

Bob