RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: You can't shoot that in a 1911

Love Life
    Wow. Just wow.

Boolit Master
    Damn, and I don't have any 1911 ammo....going to have to sell the Colt....It is amazing what the gun counter hero's come up with.....buy this latest whiz bang magnum rifle because you can hold dead on and kill a deer from 50-1000 yds...shoots so flat....
    You hear of the .22 cal confusion often what with 22lr, .222, 22Hornet, 223, 224, 225, 22-250 etal.....is 30 cal. confusion as bad? I guess so. What is so difficult is you can't convince them they are wrong.

Love Life
    ^^I'll give you 5 boxes of 1911 ammo for your Colt. Straight across.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Someone here has a signature line that I love. Something about not arguing with people whose education exceeds their intelligence. I swear some of the wm gun counter people I talk to do not even have a GED.
    Ones around here can't even spell GED
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    I swear some of the wm gun counter people I talk to do not even have a GED.
    Why do you think they are working at WM?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    about like the gun salesman at gander mountain I herd telling a customer that was looking at a 454 raging bull tarrus that he knew of two grown men that broke there hands shooting one just like it.
    Can't remember what post it was, but a guy on GBO or Encoreclassifieds said he had broken his wrist with one of the big boomers in the contender so he didn't shoot the big boomers anymore. Can't remember what caliber it was. I suppose if you were not strong enough and or had some brittle bone issues, it could happen???? However, the Taurus is quite heavy and my 5 3/4" model 629 recoils a bit more than my brother's 8 3/8 .454 taurus. I do recall my sister shooting the Taurus though. She is 5' and about 120lbs. She fired, took step back to keep her balance, stepped back up and fired again, nary a problem. Needless to say, we were quite proud.

I do hear a lot of BS "shop talk" coming from a lot of folks that seem to think they have to 1 up others. Sometimes it is the salesman, sometimes it is the customer. It is hard to walk away sometimes being a gun nut as I am, but sometimes, I just let them be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    Where does one find this ammo marked 1911?
    its actually out there I was shocked.
    http://www.winchester.com/library/ne...tion-line.aspx

Boolit Grand Master

But that will only work in Winchester 1911's

It isn't that they vote and breed, they are the ones spreading ignorance about the rest of us. These are the folks the anti gun crowd can point to and honestly say look at that dumb smuck.

Boolit Master
    this is not new anybody remember the Remington 14 and 141 that had the head of a cartage imbedded in the left side of the receiver? it was in hopes they would match up the ammo to it. then there is the .303 savage used in a .303 enfield. after all thy are both .303.

Boolit Buddy

Wanted: 1911 dies in trade for my well used 45acp dies. I guess I've been shooting the wrong ammo for the past 30 years. Damn!

Boolit Master
    This story has been building for years and will only get worse. Most younger people (from where I'm at that is almost everyone!) were not raised by a father, older brother or role model who was a hunter or shooter. Very few have military experience. Short story, no exposure to firearms and associated activities. They learn (?) on their own by the various media to which they are addicted. Thus "9mm" is the same as "9mm Kurz", a 1911 pistol requires ammo branded "1911", and so on. Only through the help of experienced shooters will the next generation be able to catch up. Don't get down on them, give them a helping hand. Those wise enough to learn and benefit from being taught about these issues will make safer individuals. For those who reject the message and stumble along on their own, there will always be more Darwin Awards to pass out.

Thin Man

Boolit Grand Master

One bright,warm and sunny Sunday afternoon I was talking with a new member at our club and offering some pointers as he was new and asked for some help. I was looking at ammo and saw 10mm, 40 S&W, 9MM and 380 along with some others on the bench stacked neatly of to the side. I asked to see the 380 and 40 as I thought I had seen all his handguns. He informed me that the 40 and 380 were just light loads for the 10mm and 9mm just like 38 and 44 specials in magnum revolvers. I tried to explain that the rounds he was using headspaved on the case mouth not a rim but got nowhere with it.

Makes one wonder how the gangbangers come up with the right ammo for the stolen guns they use. Suprised we don't here more about them blowing themselves up..............

Love Life
    I'm a mixed bag of reactions to these things. If it is an older gentlemen, then I'll usually let them wallow in their ignorance of a subject. If someone close to my age or younger, then I'll try to help and educate. I always try to help and educate women who may have gotten bum scoop from somewhere.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I picked up a box of 380 at WalMart on Monday to replenish my stock until I am totally setup to reload it. Dweeb behind the counter starts going on how that wasn't any good past a few feet etc etc then asked what gun my husband used. I told him it was for my pistol and I was headed to the range if he would care to watch me hit the steel flip targets at 20 yards with it... silence was golden...
    Great, as always a classy lady comes out on top during an exchange with a mental midget.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have picked up some 9mm brass with a decidedly obvious flat ring around the mouth and a huge fish belly . My guess is 9x19 in a 9x18,also a steel 233 fired in a 6.8spc ,7mm Rem Mag with the most perfect Weatherby shoulder and a short neck. My favorite Wal Mart guy was looking for 7.62 brushes and a cleaning kit for 7.62x39. I don't if he actually took the advice on just using his 30-30 kit or not . He did tell me he had pistol kits for 9mm,38/357 and 32 Auto. It was about the time the last big surge of caliber specific rods came around ,so I suppose it's possible that he just really didn't know that 30,31,32 cal would share a sized rod just fine.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

It is somewhat amusing about what and what not some shooters get technical about. I'm envisioning a shooter having no issues with buying 9mm Kurtz for their 9mm luger but making a fuss because all they can find is cleaning brushes for the 357 but none for the 9mm.....................

Boolit Buddy
    And if you think .22LR is hard to find, try finding some 10/22 ammo for your Ruger!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Looking for a light boolit for my GF to shoot in my K38.
    Do you have a 9mm mould?
    Yes but the 356-85 RN for my 9mm Kurtz is too small for my 38.

You know you've read that.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .