WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Navajo code talkers

Navajo code talkers

Wife just read that the last Navajo code talkers, during WW2, has died. They served this nation well! To each and everyone of them I salute.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Moderator Emeritus

That really gave the Japanese fits during WWII and they did an amazing job for this country.

Boolit Master
    Yes, they served our country well and were a great asset. What I wonder about is why it isn't often mentioned that other tribes such as the Comanche, Lakota and others also served that function in WW2. Also, the first code talkers were Cherokee and Choctaw Indians during World War I.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

That's too bad, they did an amazing duty for our country. I bow my head in respect.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

They are revered in New Mexico
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Master

Some years back, I spent several weeks in the Navajo Nation working on housing for school teachers.

In the nearest McDonald's, there was quite an informative display about the code talkers... Very cool stuff!
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
    Some years back, I spent several weeks in the Navajo Nation working on housing for school teachers.

In the nearest McDonald's, there was quite an informative display about the code talkers... Very cool stuff!
    That display is in the McDonalds in Kayenta, Az.
    It is a nicely done display, if you ever get through there, I recommend a pit stop and check it out.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Banned

Whoever coined the name "Greatest Generation" was spot on. I honestly do not believe that kind of courage and fortitude exists today, at least not on a collective level. We're losing those guys at a very fast rate, it'll be a sad day indeed when they are all gone.

Boolit Master
    It's at the Burger King.......So sad that a museum to such great heros is in a Burger king restaurant. I was there a couple years ago during a cross country motorcycle trip

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2901
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Whoever coined the name "Greatest Generation" was spot on. I honestly do not believe that kind of courage and fortitude exists today, at least not on a collective level. We're losing those guys at a very fast rate, it'll be a sad day indeed when they are all gone.
    Amen brother!
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    The Greatest Generation" is a term coined by journalist Tom Brokaw to describe the generation[1] who grew up in the United States during the deprivation of the Great Depression, and then went on to fight in World War II, as well as those whose productivity within the war's home front made a decisive material contribution to the war effort, for which the generation is also termed the G.I. Generation
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

We as a nation have lost that get it done no matter what attitude to the I want it now and I want it free generation

The military museum in Branson Missouri has a section on the Navajo contributions too.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Buddy
    While in Marine boot camp, early 60's, in Marine history class the code talkers were almost worshiped, the instructors could not say enough good about them, the natives in the class stood ten feet tall after hearing it

Boolit Master

Native Americans have always been willing to step up to protect their homeland too bad so many from Europe and other places have not yet grasp that concept.
    To all that hear the drums of war and answer the call I am truly humbled, including my ancestors that fought to help create this nation. I often wonder if they would be pleased in the state it is in now.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran