RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Starline 375 WIN brass... perhaps this year.

Boolit Master

Starline 375 WIN brass... perhaps this year.

I received a reply from Hunter Pilant of Starline Brass today about the possibility of their producing 375 WIN brass.

In his reply, he stated that "we hope to be producing 375 WIN brass this year."

Might be worth the wait, rather than paying a fool's ransom for the 375 components on Gunbroker that I've seen recently.

Hope springs eternal.

PS: Perhaps more e-mails from interested customers may help build a fire under them to get the ball rolling.
    Last edited by NYBushBro; 01-06-2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Addendum

Moderator Emeritus
    I just received some 38-55 2.125" brass from Starline that had been backordered so they may be able to convert to .375 Win pretty quickly.

Boolit Grand Master

Found some Winchester brass last year, bought it to supplement the 20+ yr old brass I had stashed under my loading bench. It turns up now and then, just be quick on the trigger or you'll miss it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I wish they made some 30-30 Win brass. Been thinking of necking down some 38-55 brass so I could get some high quality brass for my Ruger No 1 chambered in 30-30.

where rocks are shot at & milk jugs, too...
    444 Marlin is one they should definitely add, popular on its own & several wildcats use it as a parent case as well.
    “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    I make my 375 win. brass from Starline 38/55 brass.

Boolit Master

.357 max would sell too.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Starlike has told me they will be offering rifle brass this year. I asked what calibers, and when, but have not gotten an answer yet.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Man
    I too have emailed Mr. Pilant at Starline and was told the same thing, "We hope to add some new calibers and 375 Winchester is near the top of the list. R&D and tooling is considerable and it would be near the end of this year before any is available." Well, at least someone is listening. Now, for those who also shoot the J bullets, the pill companies need to get on board.

Boolit Master

Sure would like to see them tool up for 375 & 444. Just got 100 44 Russians in the mail today for the open top, Mold showed up yesterday, time to get busy, lol.
    Gun control 1ST ROUND ON TARGET.

Boolit Grand Master

Hopefully 35 Remington is at the top of that list. If they start making bottleneck cases for any of the old cartridges that have been pushed to the back burner they would sell. As easy as it is to make 300 Savage I would still buy new brass from them.

I can not believe what people will pay for rifle brass on GB. I just saw 375 win brass listed -
    22 rounds new- $92.00
    50 rounds new- $240.00 starting bid
    100 rounds once fired - $350.00 buy it now

Boolit Master

Glad I got my 375 brass a few years ago when I found it a good price and they even had the amount I wanted so I pulled the wallet out and walked out with my brass. I need to take an inventory to see what I still need to get besides 44 mag, 25-35, 30-30 to name a few. Yes I have some but more is better just like primers, powder, bullets if you don't have just one component you have nothing when it comes to shooting.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Mold
    Just firred off request to Starline as well...and asked wheihc was better for fire forming 375 Win loads...their 38-55 or get some Winchester 30-30 or some other brass....that should give them the message....this is really inexcusable of Winchester to just leave a whole community out there dangling in the breeze to get raped on GunBroker....by scalpers....

Boolit Grand Master

No one is raping anyone and no one is a scalper. The buyer is the one setting the price. If you don't buy at high prices the seller has to bring the price down to sell. People are paying the high prices willingly. We aren't talking necessities after a natural disaster. You don't have to buy the brass.