Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Winchester .270 Rimfire (Super Magnum)

Boolit Buddy

Winchester .270 Rimfire (Super Magnum)

Anyone other than myself think that Winchester should come out with a .270 rimfire cartridge? The are already using the nail-gun cartridge necked down to .17 as the basis of the .17 Super Magnum. Why not have a .27 cal rimfire too?

I'm all in favor of a new cartridge - that would fit revolvers , lever guns and others. I'd like a boolit weight around 90 gr. and drive it around 1750fps.

I'd like to win the lottery too.

Any thoughts?

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Your odds of winning the lottery are infinitely greater then the .27 RF ever happening.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    The manufacturers can't keep up with demand for the common rim fires- any others would become obsolete after the first "special run".

Boolit Master
    It would be another .256 Win Mag in stats, except not reloadable(or downloadable). Stuck in a range of to much for squirrels/rabbits, not enough for deer, and not have the speed the varmint crowd wants.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'd rather have one of the US factories, and I don't really care which one, reintroduce dependable loads for the old discontinued rimfires; instead of introducing a new faddish round that is only around for a few years.

A good start would be both short and long versions of the .25, 32. and 38 RF, then branch out into the other calibers and extra short and long versions.

Robert