MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingMCD ProductsRepackboxLee Precision

Thread: Made a Batch of 34.6/34.6/23/7.8

Boolit Master

Made a Batch of 34.6/34.6/23/7.8

Ben discovered that mixing Johnson One-Step floor wax with Lee Alox works great for a tumble lube coating. I tried some and agree. Good stuff. Other guys jumped in the discussion and asked about making changes, but Ben was happy with his results and isn't interested in further discussion on the matter.

Fair enough.

However, I have a bottle of 45/45/10 lube that I spent time and money making and didn't want to see it go to waste. I also had a bunch of One-Step wax left over. So...

I added about 30% of the One-Step to the 45/45/10. It remains liquid at room temp and works fine. Dries quickly and leaves a hard clear coating. I did an exhaustive testing of a couple dozen low-powered rifle shots and I'm satisfied with it's performance.

I tried another batch with 20% One-Step but it wouldn't stay liquid at room temp.

So, is this as good as Ben's recipe; is it worse? Beats me, but I think it's a viable option if you have a bunch of 45/45/10. For the amount of work required I'll just follow Ben's original recipe when I need more lube.

Thanks for telling us about the One-Step, Ben.

KLR

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Many Things are an option: Many times one can get MDS's of the web and find out just what is in the product and take it from there.
    When something works, it usually has months or in Ben's case, 2 years of testing. I can understand why Ben sticks to his "Guns" so to speak.
    He is not one to whip something up and tell everyone to use it....unless he is sure it is a viable lube.
    My suggestion is start testing & keep reporting your results. You may get a few here that will help you with testing on different calibers or situations.
    I'm sure we will be very interested in the results
    Good Luck
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

In Remembrance

I`m still trying to find a can of that liquid Johnson`s floor wax.Robert

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Easy to find at Lowe's & Home Depot also Ace Hardware Look in the home care sections
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    If you cant find it at a locally... You can always get it from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SC-Johnson-Fin...=1416146546243

- Bullwolf

Boolit Grand Master

It's in Lowe's in the flooring department. It's not w/ the normal household cleaning products. It's usually right next to the JPW.

Boolit Master
    Was in Home Depot ( franklin,Tn.) yesterday and it was the next rack over from home cleaning products. I had to have a bottle of it and grabbed a can of hard paste was too.

Enjoy shopping, Mike