MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Like Bullseye

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Char-Gar,

You're an old fuddy-duddy! Next thing you'll be telling us that you still use the Lyman 310 dies and tools.

Oh wait . . .

Cat
    I plead guilty as charged your Honor. I am indeed a retro-reloader.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

I still haven't tried Bullseye in 45. I've been using nothing else in 38 for a couple years though.

Boolit Grand Master

I've got a 4lb jug of Bullseye I've had for quite some time. Gave some to someone else and still have a few lbs of it. I just don't use it and can't see it doing anything that other powder does for me. Not a fan of it.

Red Dot/Promo, Unique and H110/W296 pretty much covers everything for me.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    OK OK What part of the border? NE I hope
    Nope, mid-state. Elkland to be exact.

Don

Boolit Master

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Mold
    I've read good stuff about Bullseye I caught it in stock at Basspro.com had shipped site to store for free then had them price match Midway. Still have not had time to use it but cant wait to

Boolit Bub
    I use Titegroup. Load data is very similar to Bullseye, usually within .1gr, burns cleaner, meters well and most important; produces accurate loads and it's available to me where Bullseye generally is not.
    I've found no difference in accuracy from Bullseye with properly developed handgun loads.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Quote Originally Posted by Manwithnoplan View Post
    have 40+ pounds. will die befor all used up
    I have than I will ever need of everything except nookie.

Banned
    Bullseye is a very useful powder. I've burned my share of it and I still have some; wish I could find more.
    It excels in 38 Special with wadcutters and it's not bad with SWC. I found other powders that I liked better in other cartridges but BE clearly has a wide range of applications. If I was limited to only one pistol powder, Bullseye would be on my short list of candidates along with WW-231, Unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    Bullseye is a very useful powder. I've burned my share of it and I still have some; wish I could find more.
    It excels in 38 Special with wadcutters and it's not bad with SWC. I found other powders that I liked better in other cartridges but BE clearly has a wide range of applications. If I was limited to only one pistol powder, Bullseye would be on my short list of candidates along with WW-231, Unique.
    I only buy three powders these days and buy them in bulk. They are the old Hercules now Alliant Bulleye, Unique and 2400. This covers 100% of my needs. I no longer shoot full snort jacketed rifle loads, so have no need for some of the excellent medium and slow burning rifle powders.

I do keep a Garand rifle, ready to go with 500 rounds in clips which are charged with USGI M2 and M2AP ball ammo. I have loaded for the Garand, but no longer do. I only keep the Garand for perimeter defense against the local Pendejos. If the Cavalry doesn't arrive until after the 500 rounds are gone, I still have shotguns, handguns and lots of ammo for them.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    ...defense against the local Pendejos.
    lol. What do these look like? And do you need a special permit to hunt them?

Just to stay on topic:
    30 Mauser (7.63x25mm)
    - Bullseye 4.2gr, 85gr Sierra Sports Master 0.308dia JSP, Win SPP, COAL 1.340"; notes: light duty; action cycles
    - Bullseye 4.5gr, 86 FMJ, velocity 1160fps; notes: Barnes, Cartridges of the World 12th Ed., p.282

Boolit Grand Master

I bought my first pound of it last weekend. No plan to use it in pistols. Plan to use it for low power rifle loads. There are published loads which is why I bought it. I've been using W231 but just wanted to see how it works.

After reading this thread all I have this tune running through my head incessantly...

I like bullseye and I can not lie
    You other brothers can't deny
    That when a gun walks in with an itty bitty charge
    And a round thing in your face
    You get sprung
    Wanna pull up tough
    'cause you notice that bullseye was stuffed
    Deep in the holster she's wearing
    I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
    Oh, baby I wanna get with ya
    And take your picture
    My homeboys tried to warn me
    But that bullseye you got
    Make Me so horney
    Ooh, case of bullseye
    You say you wanna get in my benz
    Well use me use me 'cause you aint that average groupie

Boolit Bub

Cool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mixalot.gif 
Views:	114 
Size:	498.9 KB 
ID:	126819

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I only buy three powders these days and buy them in bulk. They are the old Hercules now Alliant Bulleye, Unique and 2400. This covers 100% of my needs. I no longer shoot full snort jacketed rifle loads, so have no need for some of the excellent medium and slow burning rifle powders.

I do keep a Garand rifle, ready to go with 500 rounds in clips which are charged with USGI M2 and M2AP ball ammo. I have loaded for the Garand, but no longer do. I only keep the Garand for perimeter defense against the local Pendejos. If the Cavalry doesn't arrive until after the 500 rounds are gone, I still have shotguns, handguns and lots of ammo for them.
    In my quest to explore handloading of rifle/shotgun/handguns cartridges over the years I went through a LOT of different powders. Then I started casting round balls for cap & ball revolvers. That opened up a whole new world and I decided to start casting for metallic handgun cartridges......I was pretty much done for by that point and hopelessly addicted !!!!
    Anyway.....after many years of handloading and a LOT of powders, I've settled on just a few powders.
    2F & 3F black powder for things in that realm.

IMR4895 for .308 rifle

WSF for 9mm Luger (Bullseye is a close second choice)

WW231 was my powder of choice for SWC in 38 Special and Bullseye for Wadcutters in 38 Spl. These days I use Hodgdon CFE Pistol in place of 231. I used a lot of different powders for .357 mag and quite frankly, I'll stick with 38 Special.

In the bigger bore, straight wall revolver world; I use Unique for mid-range stuff and H110 for the Very rare full power stuff. Almost ALL of my 44 loads are mid-range loads. If you can't get it done with a 240-260gr LSWC travelling at 900-1000fps - GO HOME!!

I shot a lot of 45 Colt but never warmed up to that cartridge. I LOVED the 44 Special but drifted away from it before coming back to the 44 magnum.

I shot a lot of 45 ACP using Bullseye, 231 and WSF. Mostly jacketed and some commercial lead. They all worked about the same with WSF being the cleanest and the 231 the most consistent. (The most consistent string I ever shot over a chronograph was 230gr cast lead with WW231 powder) Bullseye seemed to be in the middle.

I've burned a lot of Unique, some WAP and more than my share of AA#2, #5 & #7. I've burned just about every other brand of pistol/shotgun powder out there but I always came back to: 231, WSF, Bullseye & Unique.

I've always wanted powders that were versatile but would meter well through a powder measure. Unfortunately the ball powders like 231 and H110 meter the best and the flake powders seem to be the most versatile.

For Handguns, I could get by with Bullseye and Unique. (I'd whine a lot but I could do it).
    If I REALLY had to, I could get by with just Bullseye and that wouldn't be too bad.

I must agree with Char-Gar; Bullseye and Unique will get the job done and some slightly slower pistol powder(2400 or H110) will round out that category nicely for the magnums. I'm glad we have a lot to choose from but sometimes simple is a good thing!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    ...I must agree with Char-Gar; ...
    Seems to be the consensus!
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Outpost75I to like bullseye, haven't been able to find any for a while now. I am interested in its use with 375 H&H as I am starting to reload this cal now.