Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Felix Lube

Boolit Mold

Felix Lube

Friends, does Felix Lube work in a lube-sizer without adding heat? And does it harden sufficiently so as to not be sticky-gooey when you load the bullet in the case? (I am looking for a recipe that is soft enough to use without heat and is not sticky-gooey on the bullet. I shoot pistol and use a Star Lube Sizer.) Thx!
    If the people disarm
    There is a Kristallnacht in our future

Boolit Grand Master

Yes it will run without heat and no, it will remain soft (not what I would call sticky, but soft enough to transfer to other items it touches).
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

If I could only have one lube it would be FWFL. I have managed to scrounge a couple pounds from the Big Melt he and Corky did several years ago. I save it for rifles; handguns get my FWFL. There may not be any measurable difference, but it makes me happy....
    Tony

Moderator Emeritus

I was given a version of Felix lube some time back.
    In a cold room, I find it needs a bit of heat and it surely isn't gooey, but it is a bit sticky.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I use FWFL in my 4500. It doesnt have to have heat, but it makes it easier. I lube and load 1000 at a time and pile 1000 boolits in the box. A little transfers to the other boolits but not a whole lot. Enough where i need wipe them off during final inspection after loading on a progressive. First and last lube i ever made. Use it in all my handgun loads 380, 9mm, 38 sp & 45acp.
    Your career doesn't define the man you are, what kinda Dad you are does!

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Boolit Master

Felix lube is the only lube I use. Have tried lots of others but never got as good of results as with Felix. If made properly it will not require any heat but because it is good it is slightly sticky.

Banned

I always had to heat it if the shop was below 80F. It can be softened with up to 1 ounce Vaseline per batch with no detrimental effects. Best to cook it in with the mineral and castor.

Gear