RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Well.....

Boolit Master

Couple of things I can say. I followed this thread and the old one about the big move. None of it made a lot of sense to me, for whatever reason. Why are people suggesting that he enter the military? All that's going to do, IMHO, is drop a lot of problems on one of the military branches. We don't need that, again, IMHO. In the military, a just debt is to be paid or there are UCMJ consequences. The members here helping someone who has been stiffed by another is a noble thought. I'd pitch in, in my mind, to demonstrate what type of people we are and how we are willing to help. No. 1 is correct, of course--it does not relieve this young man of his responsibility nor the consequences of his behavior. My money would be sent to help a good member of this community, not to help a deadbeat escape his responsibility. Forget BSJ paying us back--either he mans up or just demonstrates who he is.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    How many members felt sorry and did not report their loss?

Time will tell.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by jmortimer View Post
    There is a new one just in for $250 so that puts it around $600

Originally Posted by SSGOldfart - Sat, 03 Jan 2015 02:19:26 +0000 "Sorry for the time delay,I'm a wheelchair bound Vet with one arm's typing isn't my strong suit"
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't come by here often but all the way back to Alaska I was hoping I was wrong but did not like the smell of things. I did some business with his dad, he once mentioned that he wanted to get his boys started in their own casting business, I was about to retire from mine so I gave those boys a bunch of stuff, all perfectly good melting pot, luber sizers, bullet molds, lead etc. more than enough to start a small business, if memory serves me correct 16 flat rate boxes and I paid the freight, never once got a thank you note from the boys. I am 73 years old and lived in ND for all but 3 yrs in college, 3 yrs in the Marines and 2 in Africa, if anybody is not working in ND it because they do not want to work. You may not get what you want where you want but there is work. Last I heard McDonalds in Williston starts at $16

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    Why are people suggesting that he enter the military? All that's going to do, IMHO, is drop a lot of problems on one of the military branches. We don't need that, again, IMHO. In the military, a just debt is to be paid or there are UCMJ consequences.
    The idea of suggesting military service for him, unquestionably, came before a number of us discovered just how white trash lowdown scumbag this young man had truly become.

The name "Bullshop" always carried with it weight and respect. Dan and Tina were people whose word was as solid as the lead ingots they cast their boolits from. As I said earlier, a number of members here remember Junior when he still wasn't old enough to shave.

I think I can confidently state the majority of members here were helping him because of the "Bullshop" name and reputation. Had anyone suspected things would end up the way they are apparently ending up as we speak, I'll guarantee you not ONE veteran here would be recommending or urging him to even consider joining the military.

Quite frankly, given what we're now beginning to fully find out, my opinion is that we should hold a fundraiser to pay the two members who are out several hundred dollars. Anything extra can go into the server fund or a rainy day fund in the event another member steps forward who's been stiffed.

We take care of our own, especially those who acted in good faith based upon the reputation of our community and overall membership.

And then as we're raising the money to compensate these two members, our moderators ban Junior and that an eye be kept out on other internet forums and groups and when he shows up again, they be appropriately contacted and notified of what he pulled over here and why one of the most respected internet sites in the entire world wants nothing more to do with him.

Harsh? So be it. It's not as harsh as the thoughts I'm having right now of a brother vet sitting in a wheelchair hosed out of $250 because he trusted the family name of this kid in conjunction with our community's reputation.

I'm a little hot right now. I'll put up the first $50 to start making things right for our two shafted members.

Super Moderator

Not only is he a Deadbeat, he is a criminal. I hope justice gets served. No moral ethics, this is unconscionable. I'll put up the second $50 bucks.

Boolit Grand Master

Let me know who and how to send money to. I'm not trying to clear his name. I'm just helping out those who've been screwed over. I've had it happen to me and it's no fun. I'm in a position to help out those that have been screwed over so let's make this right.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

JD, I have your address. You'll receive an envelope next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    JD, I have your address. You'll receive an envelope next week.
    Girty and I will gladly send you some to help that vet that gave so much.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

So is recluse the one to send this to in order to get these gentlemen reimbursed?
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

In Remembrance
    I guess I've been volunteered to Honcho this thing, so here's the deal:

We're going to do this as a Membership for the fellow members who got hosed. As of right now, I've already got $150 pledged against what I see as a $600 total of bad debts. As soon as we hit that amount, I'll announce it and then we'll decide what our next steps are.

I would ask that Bob (No1) or Steve (Fishhawk) make contact with the two known members who are owed and let's begin making physical arrangements how we want to get the funds to them. I am set up to take paypal or funds can be mailed to my physical address. From there, I can/will consolidate the funds into a cashier's check, money order, personal check, paypal transfer or however the two affected members would be least inconvenienced.

PM me for contact info.

I'm in... What happens with BSJ is not my business, but the slighted members should be made whole. That's a lot of money in my world...I'd be sorely hurt to be out that much with nothing to show. Recluse, please PM me your Paypal address...I'll get something on the way.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Buddy
    I don't have a dog in this fight but I feel for the people that felt a moral responsibility to help someone in need. I do it all the time. Some have repaid me but more than a few have not. I'm gonna be 67 next week and can't understand the new entitled generations. I never asked for any monetary help and hope I never have to. If you pm me contact info I will be glad to send a bit to help those who were swindled out of money. (I don't do the pay pal thing but will send a check) I almost took the bait when he first making his trip but didn't. And for those that were taken, sometimes the Christian way gets expensive. As for this young man life is going to be very hard he seems to be the type that will never be employed nor happy in life he even may end up on welfare cause its the easy way. He best heed the response and pull up his boot straps now before it is to late.

Quote Originally Posted by kfarm View Post
    Some have repaid me but more than a few have not. I'm gonna be 67 next week and can't understand the new entitled generations. I never asked for any monetary help and hope I never have to. ... I almost took the bait when he first making his trip but didn't. And for those that were taken, sometimes the Christian way gets expensive.
    I never expected to be paid back - even said when he was up on his feet he should send my share to this site as donation if he felt he wanted to repay, but that's different than promising something in a sale and taking the money and not delivering - NOT COOL
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    The Great State,El Paso Tx. in the winter months, Michigan in the Summer Fishing for Salmon .
    My wife and I would like to send some funds to help out in this matter. I have been reading this thread in hopes that this young man would own up to his obligations. I do not see this happening. I've sent a PM to Recluse.

Boolit Master

The DEADBEAT title should remain and made a record for any
    future CREDIT APPLICATIONS.

The Deadbeat awareness I do believe helped another member
    and myself recover some funds we believe we were possibly scammed out of.
    The internet has a long MEMORY and REACH for con men.

People become aware in the future of their past and
    JR's TRUCK will need replaced for sure some day, and the lenders
    will take notice, inquiring landlords also check as a
    matter of due diligence.

Having followed the complete thread and DRAMA, maybe we're
    seeing why THE COUPLE had problems all the time,
    and the lack of LENDING and $$$ support from family and friends
    to begin with. (Just maybe a pattern or track record already existed).

Danial's future just could be THREE HOTS AND A COT if he
    doesn't change his ways and his wife will not have a vote in that decision.

When the ENLISTMENT was brought up, I just kinda chuckled,
    such a shame losing ones reputation, maybe he needs to
    disappear back into the wilderness, he seems more at home there.

RANT OFF!

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Two Fandango tickets: $30
    One Large bucket of popcorn and 2 pops: $28
    Entertaining your bride with hard earned money, stolen from a disabled American vet: Priceless

Last edited by fatnhappy; 01-03-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Cast Boolits Owner

Bullshop Junior has been banned as a DEADBEAT.

Recluse,
    Thank you for heading up the fundraiser.

Members,
    Thank you for looking out for our fellow members.

Robert
    Last edited by No_1; 01-03-2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: I kant spel
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

I've been staying away from this one, since I am not directly involved, but after the post from fatnhappy, I browsed Daniel's facebook page...

Threw up in my mouth a little, from what I saw there...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

I am not a spring chicken anymore, nor am I unfamiliar with people who have their hands out. In fact, I am very familiar with these kinds of people. A few of them are worthy of assistance, but the vast majority of them are just trying get something from others. They are parasites, predators and scavengers. They learn to prey on good peoples sentiments. Putting money or things in their outstretched hand simple encourages, abets, and enables their predatory behavior. Do we really help them when we stoke the fires of their irresponsible behavior?

I have helped many people over the years, but in doing so, I knew I was being had most of the time. None-the-less, I had to take the chance for my own consciousness sake. I never received a dime back, as they promised, nor did I expect that to happen. For those who lost money to the individual in question, just cowboy up and consider it to be the price of education. Don't expect somebody else to pay for your mistakes.

I never expected the young man who is the object of this thread to be anything other than what he has proven to be. Therefore, I am not disappointed nor surprised.

I am 72 years old and have seen some hard times in my life. I have never asked for, nor accepted, anything from anybody, nor will I ever. Perhaps that is pride, but I prefer to call it conviction and self reliance.

Therefore, let's just all move on, taking from this the lessons we need to learn.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.