MEC Case Conditioner - MEC super sizer

MEC Case Conditioner - not made anymore
    MEC super sizer

Which one is better?

10-4 Good Buddy, You got the Duck

Boolit Buddy
    Super Sizer

Boolit Master
    They are different animals with each of their pros and cons.

The CC, does two operations, it punches out the primers as well as resizes the brass with a ring sizer such as what is on a 600 JR and others.
    I have personally had great results with the sizer on my 600 JRs with tens of thousands loaded shells.
    I've used the reloads in Pumps, Autos, Doubles, and O/U's without any problems.

As far as the CC goes, it is for Hull prep only.

The SS, on the other hand is a collet style sizer only, as on the better MEC progressives.
    I think you may be able to adjust them? I'm not sure, I've never had to adjust mine before. However, there is some built in adjustment by how far down or hard you go. Most folks think the collet is better. While I use a SS quite a bit, I have no opinion one way or the other.

The SS goes beyond hull prep however, which gives it an advantage over the CC.

Since the the collet grabs "around" the hull and has no contact with the base of the hull whatsoever, you can resize loaded ammo. Those rejects that won't go into your gage checker or chamber due to oversized brass, even factory ammo, can be fixed in seconds. I find AA and STS ammo out of spec all of the time. A quick pull on the handle, and no more reject ammo.

Some will be alarmed by resizing loaded ammo, but the primer is NO in danger of being in contact with any part of the collet. There is a hole the same diameter of the primer directly underneath it, just as some primer operations, or operations that don't want the primer struck do on some presses that have been around for decades.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you Lubedude for the info.

10-4 Good Buddy, You got the Duck

Boolit Master

I shoot 12 gauge AA 1145 fps rounds in cowboy competition and have also found that too many factory rounds will not pass a gauge test. So, I don't gauge any more, but use the MEC collet Super Sizer to squeeze each round in a box of ammo before taking it to a match.

So squoze, they load and shuck faultlessly.

Boolit Master
    its cover all for the maker
    like tumbling loaded ammo
    works with no problems

Boolit Master
    What they said above but I will add

The Case Conditioner requires force to applied to the handle on both the upstroke and the downstroke.
    You have to force the case into the the sizing ring and then pull it back out. The Case Conditioner had to be bolted down to something solid so it does not move when you push down and lift on the handle.

The Super Sizer is a large collet sizer only. It squeezes the brass on the down stroke.
    If the collet is lubricated the Super Sizer is self opening and is less tiring to use.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    I found that just using the standard MEC sizer often causes problems. The rim of the hulls expand over several firings and reloadings, and they sometimes stick in tubular magazines. A collet sizer keeps the rim size in check so this doesn't happen. All my ammo now gets a trip through the collet sizer. It was kind of aggrivating when trying to fire a second shot at fleeing game, and all you got was a click, and see the next round is stuck 1/2" from the end of the magazine tube. I imagine some makes of hulls are worse than others in this regard.