MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Ordering From the Walmart Special Order Gun Catalog

Boolit Master

Ordering From the Walmart Special Order Gun Catalog

Is there any way online from home to check guns that are in stock and available from the distributor? Is there any way online from home to check price?

I found an online catalog from 2010, but that was it.

Please don't turn this into a debate about buying guns from Walmart vs. a local gun store. A friend has a gift card and asked for my advice about selecting a good rifle. It would be nice if I could recommend a gun he could actually buy.

Thanks.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/...GunCatalog.pdf

judging from the no price listed but UPC code show you would have to take
    it to a walmart and scan the bar code in question to get a price.
    I'm guessing that the sporting goods section would need to scan it as opposed
    to one of the automated units for price check.
    Last edited by Artful; 12-02-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Thanks, but that was the catalog I found earlier. I recommended a CZ527 or a Tikka T3 and texted it to my friend. He stopped at the gun counter and was told that those are no longer available for order. I guess I'll have to go there and check myself.

Boolit Master
    I don't imagine you'll find a price online. Prices are tailored to the market. My WM may be more or less expensive than yours due to demographics, shipping etc. I was in WM a while back and asked about special orders. They do have a "catalog" at the counter that tells them exactly what they can get in. I wanted a savage threaded barrel 22lr bolt gun. They could get the standard, but not the threaded version...

Boolit Buddy
    you can call for prices during normal business hours, have the sku ready and lots of spare time while they hunt someone down to answer the phone in sporting goods. you'll need to be there to initiate the buy though, and they'll want some % prepaid before they ship to your store.

Boolit Buddy
    The sporting goods manager has to place the order. Company policy. Come in, ask to see the catalog and see if what you want is in there. Expect to pay 50% up front. I really enjoyed working in sporting goods a couple years ago but my boss was an absolute tyrant. She didn't know the difference between a rifle and a shotgun and that is not a joke. Our firearms data base was inspected by the feds and it was so messed up. I am still trying to figure out how she didn't get fired or at least moved to another part of the store.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Not sure how much it will help, but there is a Wal Mart app that will show you local store inventory, and prices.