MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxMCD Products
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication

Thread: New to town.

New to town.

Stumbled in here searching for a source of 35 Remington brass. Grumpa solved that problem. Last time I shot I was wearing jungle utilities and black combat boots.

My boy had an opportunity to go huntijng. When I saw the price of 25-06 ammo I told him I would break out the old Spartan press. Since we had to send some lead down range I took my 270 to the range. One thing led to another, rediscovered how much I enjoy shootin, bought a couple new to me used rifles and that's how I got here.

Perma-Banned

Welcome to the forum! Lot's of good people here and immense knowledge. Be sure to do a lot of reading.

OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Bring your son and park for a while.

There are plenty of folks here willing and able to keep you learning and enjoying for as long as you have left on this earth.

OH yes YOU provide the popcorn from here on.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Welcome and enjoy the ride!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    This site pretty much has it all. You have come to the right place.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Buddy
    Welcome back to the fold, fairview.

I don't know of a finer group on the 'net as the one here. I'm sure you'll enjoy this additional 'dimension' to the sport.

- Tristan

Thanks all for the welcome. These are my newest additions. A Marlin 336 in 35cal, a 7mmMag with a scrimshawed stock. The adjacent pic is the stock I will be slipping the stock in. And finally a Remy 760, 30.06. The 760 was a steal because of the stock damage and the fact pump rifles are undesirable right now. Gonna spend an extra 70 bucks on it and install a high comb synthetic butt and fore stock. The 336 was actually made by Marlin before Remington aqcuried them and stunk them up for a couple years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails marlin.jpg   7mm mag.jpg   stock.JPG   rem 760.jpg  

In Remembrance
    How bad is that 760 stock, I may know someone that would be interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    How bad is that 760 stock, I may know someone that would be interested in it.
    There is a chip out of the end of the butt stock. With the finish on that area looks as though it was sent from the factory like that. Also it is missing the grip cap. I can find the white spacer but have had no luck finding the oem cap. Those aren't big problems for a shooter only but what is driving me swap out is the stock is what i call ADL grade - lacks the high comb for quick target acquisition with a scope. I was figuring on putting them on ebay and starting it at .01 cent with no reserve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 760 stock.jpg   760 stock1.jpg  

Perma-Banned

Hi welcome to the forum.

Boolit Master

Words of warning, casting will not save you money (you will shoot more, and own nice custom molds though), it is addictive. Run before you get sucked in like us... Kidding of course

Boolit Master
    Moonie is just being nice. Really run before its to late. Oh my the money reloading has saved me. Just keep saying that out loud. Its kinda like that one friend you have that is always telling everyone how broke he is but he is not. Sure is a lot of fun. Welcome