Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made auto-sizer.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah.allen1 View Post
    I did, I did as soon as he asked about them. I am new on how to make a Web page and I just wanted some feedback. I really didn't mean it to act like a advertisement. Sorry Grem
    AFAIK this area is to talk about things that we as the "everyday folk" of CastBoolits make or do, so sharing your web site was very informative. I had no problem with it at all.
    The AS/2's that I make and the GM units are my humble attempt to help people turn reloading into less of a chore and back into fun.
    Lets look at this logically, of all the "processes" required to reload, sizing casts is the most pain in the butt time consuming.
    Other than traditional lubing, and THAT I have never done.
    I don't mind making them, it fills in time when my real job is quiet, it make me a few dollars, and it is only a few trust me, and I make friends along the way.
    You make casts for people who maybe cant cast because of where they live or life style... no reason to apologize.
    Don't worry about life, no-one gets out alive.

Boolit Buddy
    I can say from personal experience my AS2 is barrels of fun to use and saves lots of time. Looking forward to the GM unit 'icing the cake'. Thanks again Mike for your imagination, ingenuity and willingness to share.

I concur with Redwoode Mike. Thanks for letting me be a part of your invention and thanks for your reply above.

ADMIN

Rules are rules.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Buddy
    Expect you'll likely cover this in the GM how-to video. If filling from bottom from bullet collator how would you keep casts in the tubes from coming out the top until turned upright and mounted on AS2?

Have some GM's about ready to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwoode View Post
    Expect you'll likely cover this in the GM how-to video. If filling from bottom from bullet collator how would you keep casts in the tubes from coming out the top until turned upright and mounted on AS2?

Have some GM's about ready to go?
    Hey there... sorry have been a bit slow with info. I have 2 GM units being cut , expecting a call soon on the parts.
    We had the G20 this weekend just gone, and it disrupted a LOT of things, not least of all transport.

I have been busy working, but had the time to do a video over the weekend showing how I do what I do from raw casts to loaded rounds, AJ my son was'nt available so its all me and the hand held camera LOL. Anyway I ended up with a vid that's way way WAY too long.

So I have cut it into parts, a Intro, How I coat with Hi-tec, How I size with the GM units and lastly how I load with a GM and the lee feeder. I have NO experience with a Video Editor, but learning real fast. Due to the fact I have cut the mega movie up its a little disjointed and I am having to record small pieces to make it flow together better.

In it is all the info you have asked for and hopefully more. I know you asked me once to show How I coat, that's what made me start from the beginning. I hope to have this all done by weeks end and up on UT.

FedEx supposedly tried to deliver a package today, said no one was home which is BS. its got my DRO for the lathe in it, so I can machine AS/2 parts a little easier.

My target is to get Jerrys AS/2 and GM done, and Hatches AS/2 and a GM for you within a short period.

As far as inverting the GM, I modified it so it will hold the inserts in place while inverted and also hold the contents, but it had to also hold stuff when no inserts are being used. I figured it out eventually and as you will see in the vid, works like a charm.
    and that my dear friend is all the news I have ATM, not overly exciting.. however all on track..

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks much for the updates. Know you usually have many irons in the fire.

While I'm thinking about it I'd like to order a spare small feeder bracket for my AS2. The feeder hose goes on top of it and it feeds the casts into the slide block. I've bent mine a bit much in a vise trying to get that perfect feed angle and cracked the weld. Operator error I assure you. Oops!

Thanks for the update

Friday night and I am finally sitting on my butt.
    There are 4 AS/2 frames on the workbench just waiting for the bridge and slides to be finished. 2 GM units are done except for the inserts.
    I spent a total of 6-7 hours Tuesday/ wednesday fitting a New DRO unit to the Lathe so I can have better tolerances in the parts I have to machine, let me tell you now that was a horror job to do!.
    The manual is written in Chinglish, and reads like a diary entry that Yoda would write.
    The "manual" stated that the runout on the scales (long sensors) must not exceed .005" or damage to the sensor or the Glass rod that sensor reads, will occur.
    The long 36" scale took me just over 3 hours to get to .002 run out. I hope never to have to do that job again!

Anyhoo, massive progress was made today, just thought I would let you guys know.

Grem460, do you have a estimated date when you think the items will go out in the mail? Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah.allen1 View Post
    Grem460, do you have a estimated date when you think the items will go out in the mail? Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress.
    Yes Sir within the next 5/6 working days.

Thanks for your quick response I can't wait, Christmas coming early for this country boy

Boolit Master
    Hi Gremlin460.Outstanding work.Some have mentioned motorizing the AS2 Instead of that,how would using a plain old hand crank work?Would be easy for the user to vary the speed of operation.
    To Jerimiah.Thank you for your service.God bless you and keep you safe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Hi Gremlin460.Outstanding work.Some have mentioned motorizing the AS2 Instead of that,how would using a plain old hand crank work?Would be easy for the user to vary the speed of operation.
    To Jerimiah.Thank you for your service.God bless you and keep you safe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    Leo it is so easy and fast to use with the normal pull lever I have never bothered persuing the automatic route. I did buy a 80:1 gearbox off ebay months back when automating this thing was a consideration, but I can size 250 in 20 mins at a reasonable pace for a 60 year old and be loading them within 30 mins from entering the reloading area.

From the beginning to the end the thing that holds me up now is refilling the primer tube on the 650.. and really, that's as fast as I need to reload.

I am a bit slow on this batch of AS/2's, sorry about that, I have had other things grab time off me, the DRO on the lathe took time, the aircon in the house dying didn't help, so I am about a week behind. Plus doing the 3 videos, it took me 7 hours to fumble around with the video editing software before I stopped producing out-of-sync upsidedown partial vids!!.

Thanks Leo

I lost a 2 min section out of the next vid somehow.. but it doesn't stop the point of the video, which is to show Redwoode how I coat. in the video I did 1350ish 9mm in less than 3 mins.

http://youtu.be/3saWDLobPAo

GM units in use...

This is the last vid.. I think I coverd it all.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HBosRviGI

Boolit Buddy
    AH HA! The mysterious 4 - holes. You've outdone yourself Mr Grem. A tweakaholic if ever there was one.

Please advise air mail cost to the states for a GM when you can. Be generous with the bubble wrap for protection. The AS2 box was beat to hell and back. Lot of weight inside that one of course.

Catch my message on another small feeder tube bracket for my AS2 above?

NP on feeder tube, will throw a freebie in for you..