• Yea

69 75.82%
  • Nay

22 24.18%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Developing an AR/MSR subforum within the Factory Rifle forum

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I am having a REALLY hard time understanding the small number of vehemently opposed members.

it seems to me that most, on BOTH sides, are only thinking in past and present terms. It seems blatantly obvious to me that AR owners looking for, and finding this site, interested in finding a cheaper way to shoot their various calibers, can only skyrocket over the next months and years. I would think that it would be fairly obvious that the more young folks exiting the military, the more will be showing up here.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    All I see here is complaining and sarcasm. I think this discussion has run its course. Can we get a mod to weigh in and give us some insight, on the behind the scenes on this please ? Is it being discussed or has it been decided?

Andy
    You obviously didnt read the whole thread because several members have made cogent rational arguments for a separate forum.

And you know, as a member who has contributed to the site in various ways, I kind of resent the dismissive attitude toward my opinion.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

I will tell you all that personally I am getting irritated at some individuals on this thread who are declaring this forum is just fine the way it is and are not even willing to discuss what could be the possibility of the future of cast boolits within the USA. There is a reason that matchlocks being built today are being built as replicas of a bygone age, there are newer and improved versions of the rifle on the market now.

Professionally, I will tell you that AR15s and other semi-automatic firearms are indeed some of the fastest growing style of rifles in the US according to the NRA. Developing cast boolit loads to operate in them or developing the required changes to these firearms to ensure 100% reliability with cast boolits of both supersonic as well as sub-sonic variety.... and then sharing that information freely to help convince others to join this society of casters should be what we are focusing this potential sub-forum towards.

Bruce
    Last edited by bruce drake; 10-31-2014 at 12:06 AM.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    You obviously didnt read the whole thread because several members have made cogent rational arguments for a separate forum.

And you know, as a member who has contributed to the site in various ways, I kind of resent the dismissive attitude toward my opinion.

I have read the whole thread and some great points have been made. I think we should change the titles of one of the forums to include ARs. I was not commenting on anyone directly. I was just stating that the last few pages has been people taking jabs at each other. I honestly think maybe a sub-forum under factory rifles would be perfect and changing the title of the factory forum to reflect it. I am also done with this discussion, apparently the only opinions that matter have to be for the idea.

Andy

Boolit Master

The more I look at the board structure, the more it makes sense to get rid of the factory rifles forum and make three new forums: "semiautomatic", "pumpguns", and "bolt guns". This would be consistent with the "single shot" and "lever guns" forums and cover all the bases. Each of these action types present different challenges to the bullet caster. It also would allow new casters to browse a forum and learn about casting for their gun. Many here forget how little they knew when they first started. Doing a search when you don't even know what to ask is problematic.

I've never moderated a forum so it would be instructional for a moderator to weigh in at some point to explain why the same amount of traffic in five forums would be harder to deal with than in three forums?

Those that want less forums can always just set the site to bring up only recent active threads.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master
    I like this idea.
    The more I look at the board structure, the more it makes sense to get rid of the factory rifles forum and make three new forums: "semiautomatic", "pumpguns", and "bolt guns". This would be consistent with the "single shot" and "lever guns" forums and cover all the bases. Each of these action types present different challenges to the bullet caster. It also would allow new casters to browse a forum and learn about casting for their gun. Many here forget how little they knew when they first started. Doing a search when you don't even know what to ask is problematic.

I've never moderated a forum so it would be instructional for a moderator to weigh in at some point to explain why the same amount of traffic in five forums would be harder to deal with than in three forums?

Those that want less forums can always just set the site to bring up only recent active threads.

Vendor Sponsor

Makes the most sense of all the discussions so far in this thread
    Simple to find and post to the area/weapon style of your liking
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Very good approach although, I think it would be easier to get Obama to move to Liberia.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    Very good approach although, I think it would be easier to get Obama to move to Liberia.
    Now that is funny...

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    Now that is funny...
    Sadly, it is also true.........................

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    Hey, I'd vote for that. I'd even help pay for the move.

BTW, where is Liberia?

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Liberia is right next to Ebola-ville...

I like Fishman's idea of reorganizing some of the forums to reflect the different types of firearms but I'm not a Moderator or Site Owner so we'll just have to see what they decide to do.

Bruce

Boolit Bub
    2 cents worth. only 79 votes? either there's no interest, or AR shooters can't find AR related articles.

Boolit Master

I believe most are waiting for responses from mods or the owner.

Moderator Emeritus

With the lack of a decent forum for AR cast boolit shooters I go for the Semi auto(full auto too!), bolt and pump gun forums.

It's back to the same story though.......... The PTB don't want it.

Banned

there is a section marked for AK/SKS type rifles [you know,, the last big thing] just above this one.
    I'd imagine an AR type rifle would fit right in there.

I could maybe talk the owner into adding AR right behind AK/SKS if it would make everyone feel better.

Boolit Grand Master

Just so you know. Forum descriptions are not viewable through Tapatalk. Since a lot of people are accessing the site on their phones they might want to address this. There are other forum apps as well that people could be using. They days of everyone accessing the site through a desktop at home are dead. Mobile browsing creates it's own set of issues and I'm sure the forum owner is aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    The days of everyone accessing the site through a desktop at home are dead.
    I know quite a few people on this site that do just that.................... eventually what you say may come to pass though.

Boolit Grand Master

I didn't say no one did. I said not everyone. There is a big difference. I never view the site on a computer. I know there are others that do the same. Tapatalk signatures are disabled here. If they were enabled, not saying to do it, it would be more apparent how many mobile browse.