WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: what is this???

Boolit Master

what is this???

Anyone ever hear of or use an H&R 1871 4x32 fixed power scope? Got one in a trade with a cool set of weaver rings, old ones. Any how it says on the ocular housing fully coated opti-centered h&r 1871. Japan -a-56. On bell housing there is small gold sticker says Japan telescopes inspection institute 104 passed. It has covers and is in very good shape. Never seen or heard of one.

Boolit Master

No one not even a smart Alec remark. Come on guys your killing me. Did I just post this in a little.traffic area? Or is it true what my wife says, no one likes me?

Boolit Master
    Got any pics of it? I can't recall ever seeing one like it.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

http://www.hr1871.com/default.asp

Odds are it came with one of the rifles.

Boolit Master

No pics.?? Is this a long brass tube antique style scope.? My scope book is packed away due to a recent move but I recall Tasco (?), made one of these. Navy Arms used to sell these brass tube scopes also. If I'm wrong. ...just ignore this post. .lol.

Boolit Master

Sorry y'all no pics. Its an older scope but not a brass tubed antique. I think it did probly come with an h&r rifle just wanted to know about quality and whom actually made them. It is nice and clear and in good shape, might mount it just to see could be one of those sleeper keepers.

Boolit Master
    Opti centered was coined by the Japanese made Tasco scopes. Id bet that is one and the same. Tasco was never a manufacturer, so same scope different name. Cant be sure without pictures
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Or is it true what my wife says, no one likes me?
    Whining that no one responded to your post in 1 day as if we are obliged to do ... believe I have to agree with your wife!
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master
    nagantguy,
    I got the jovial tone in your wife's observation, even if others may not. Keep the sunny side up.

If it's made in Japan, it is probably at least serviceable, and maybe pretty good.

Boolit Bub

Lots of things we have never heard of or seen, and your scope may be one! Take it out and shoot it. If it's accurate, keep it. If it's not accurate, take it off and hang it in your reloading room or man cave. Good conversation piece either way.

Boolit Master

It must have been fairly decent, a gent at a coon dog trail offered me $50 bucks fer it, so its no longer in my care. Probly should a kept it but $$ at a gun dog show for something I do want was worth more. Thanks all