Load DataSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 25 of 116 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast

Thread: What Powder Did You Buy Today?

Boolit Master

Hey fellas AND ladies:
    I bought a pound of H110 at the LGS. This particular store is well known in the area for their "higher"
    prices. I paid 30.00 for the H110. There hasn't been any pistol/handgun powder to speak of in the area
    for a long time, and the rifle powder is pretty scarce. I have been waiting for months for our local
    department stores to get powder in, but they just can't get much.
    WACO stated that he bought some H110 a few weeks ago at the local department store. I haven't
    been so fortunate.
    This LGS store did have quite a selection of many powders. All of our favorites being Alliant, Hogdon,
    IMR, AA etc; and they had quite a lot of it on display, maybe thirty bottles or so. I know they have a
    magazine out back where they keep powder also. They may have more than is on display.
    I ask the manager if all of the powder was the same price, he said yes, except that some of the
    magnum rifle powders were up to 36.00 per pound. I suppose a person has to get it where it is
    available.
    Jack
    Last edited by littlejack; 10-08-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Boolit Master

Scored!!

Was at a gun show today, and had been lamenting (waah) to my friend about the scarcity of 2400 lately. Been trying to make AA2230 work using fillers, another (better fitting) boolit--learned a few things along the way, when I went into a side room where a few tables were set up and Lo and behold:
    A 15# keg of 2400 with "10+ pounds" written on it and a price too low to mention. I asked the seller how I would knoe if it was any good--I stuck my head into range and sniffed but all I could smell was the paper carton. He said he'd bought it new "in the '80s nd had no use for it. I hemmed and hawed a bit and he wrote his name and phone # on the top and said if it didn't work call and he'd refund my money. I tried 16.5 grains and a bit of Dacron in my Mosin--it works!!! I weighed it on my crummy cheap scale and it weighed 15# total.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails keg.jpg 001.jpg  

Banned

1 lb of rl10x, 2 lbs of alliant power pro varmint, 2 lbs of w231 Ran out of $ when I ran into the 231. They had about 15 1lb'ers of HP38. I would have got a couple of them too but $$$$$$ ran out. I have to go back to the same city Thursday for Dr. appnt. so I will have some cash to get some if it is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by CHeatermk3 View Post
    Was at a gun show today, and had been lamenting (waah) to my friend about the scarcity of 2400 lately. Been trying to make AA2230 work using fillers, another (better fitting) boolit--learned a few things along the way, when I went into a side room where a few tables were set up and Lo and behold:
    A 15# keg of 2400 with "10+ pounds" written on it and a price too low to mention. I asked the seller how I would knoe if it was any good--I stuck my head into range and sniffed but all I could smell was the paper carton. He said he'd bought it new "in the '80s nd had no use for it. I hemmed and hawed a bit and he wrote his name and phone # on the top and said if it didn't work call and he'd refund my money. I tried 16.5 grains and a bit of Dacron in my Mosin--it works!!! I weighed it on my crummy cheap scale and it weighed 15# total.
    Nice score!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    1 lb of rl10x, 2 lbs of alliant power pro varmint, 2 lbs of w231 Ran out of $ when I ran into the 231. They had about 15 1lb'ers of HP38. I would have got a couple of them too but $$$$$$ ran out. I have to go back to the same city Thursday for Dr. appnt. so I will have some cash to get some if it is still there.
    Where at?

4#'s of varget

Boolit Buddy

caught the 800x in stock at PV and bit the bullet for a case, will last a long while in multiple calibers.

Boolit Master
    How much is in a case? 32lbs?

Boolit Buddy

Talking

Yesterday I bought 2 4# 'ers and 4 1#'ers of unopened Winchester AA and most of a can it Red Dot. It should keep us popping steel for some time.

In Remembrance
    Picked up 3 pounds of BE today at the gun show, in old cardboard containers. The first I have seen in a loooooooooong time.

Not today but over the last few months I have gotten;
    10lbs of Lovex D 036
    4lbs of H110 from a reloader getting out of .300blackout
    2lbs of H110
    8lbs of Win296
    8lbs of WST

Traded
    8lbs of VV N320 for an additional 16lbs of WST (8 may go to my buddy)
    8lbs of varget for 8lbs of clays (4lbs went to a good buddy)

Boolit Master
    October 16 2014 I scored! 5# each BullsEye and Green Dot. Bass Pro Shops

Thanks for the heads-up Cast Boolit gang!

prs

In Remembrance

Just ordered 2 lbs 2400 from BassPro. Free ship to store and NO HASMAT! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Looks like basspro has a bunch of popular powders!
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

1# of SR4756 just in at LGS.

I just got 5lb of sr4756 at a gun show. The dealer had it marked down since he thought it was a rifle powder and didn't have buyers for it.
    After I paid for it I told him it was pistol powder. He said "If I had known that it was pistol powder, you wouldn't have got it for that price."

Boolit Master
    i would have never said a word.... but thank you and have a nice day.

at local gun show today, I picked up 2 pounds of AutoComp......gonna try it in .41 target loads, and 2 pounds of AA#7, I stopped by the LGS on the way home and got an Eight pounder of WST and 2 pounds of HP-38(they had a limit of 2 per day per customer).

At this point...I'm well supplied on powder and don't really need anymore. I may pick up a case or two of primers to balance out my inventory.
    μολών λαβέ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I just got 5lb of sr4756 at a gun show. The dealer had it marked down since he thought it was a rifle powder and didn't have buyers for it.
    After I paid for it I told him it was pistol powder. He said "If I had known that it was pistol powder, you wouldn't have got it for that price."
    His problem.

Exactly right. He got his price and I didn't argue about it so he has no complaint coming.