Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Thanks!

May Liberty Increase!

Thanks!

Just wanted to take a moment and thank some folks individually. I spent some time this weekend casting about 5,600 123 grain cores for making 10mm bullets from 9mm brass. I also did a pound cast on a couple of rifles. While doing these tasks, it hit me just how many people contributed to that and that I should let them know that I appreciated it.

Goodsteel - Thanks for the excellent description of how to do a pound cast. Because of your efforts, I was able to get this right the first time.

Springfield and Runfiverun - Thanks for the guidance in deciding on a Magma Masterpot and setting it up. Good equipment makes the task so easy.

Lizard333, Reload 30-06, and Grumpa - Thanks for the guidance and assistance with getting setup for swaging.

BT Sniper - Thanks for the many posts describing your techniques, convincing me that casting cores was easy, and for making my dies. I should also note that you're responsible for me casting boolits, as I had no intent to mess with hot lead.

U.P. North - Thanks for the adjustable core mold. It rains cores and is easy to dial into a specific weight, using a little math and trial/error.

Whoever originally suggested the use of a hotplate to warm molds, thanks! Casting is certainly easier with it.

There are many others who have helped with a post somewhere along the way. Thanks to each of you for contributing to this great forum and helping me get on my feet with casting that much quicker.
    WANTED: CH AutoChamp Mark IV, V, or Va - PM me if you've got one you'd like to part with.

Boolit Master
    That's the great thing about this place. Many of the experts you mentioned would be isolated and far less enlightened without a bit of like minded community that probably couldn't be found locally. Once you know a very little about reloading, you know more than most people you ever come across in person. This community of experts really helps everyone involved.