WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seems all you cowards are right!

Boolit Master

Bears are out in force in Colorado this year.

I have a cow elk tag and a bear tag so I don't have to run!
    I'm old and real slow, but I shoot OK.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Whenever I'm hiking in bear country with friends I ALWAYS make certain that at least one of them IS much slower than me.

Rick
    At this point in my life, I'd have to find someone who is slower in a wheelchair with one arm in a sling.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
    I eat a lot of garlic so hopefully the bear will not like it if he comes after me. Plus I also plan to s**t myself so that should also help.
    My luck the bear would lick my **** then roll on me like a dog squashing me to death. Then it would make the papers.

Wait it was in NJ? Not gonna happen to me, no way in hell am I ever gonna be in nj period. Where I live I can carry! Oh and there are bears here!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Wait it was in NJ? Not gonna happen to me, no way in hell am I ever gonna be in nj period. Where I live I can carry! Oh and there are bears here!
    Gary,

Please tell me it is not true. Do you really have a higher goal in life than becoming bear scat?
    Those bears have a right to eat, too!
    Any animal rights activists out there that want to help out a poor, hungry bear?

BrassMagnet

HarryT, I don't know about you but in that situation my feet would not let me stand still to see if the bear would run by. I am sure when I got to the ranger station and he asked me if I was scared I wouuld tell him, No but I passed a few that were! Hate to hear about the bear attacks they just never turn out good to the people nor the bear. Now they will hunt a bear down , kill it and say they have removed the attack ear, and everyone is safe now.

CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance gpidaho's Avatar
    As Ron White said ' Unlike my grandpa , when his grandpa said You'll never amount to s**t, He was wrong" GP

Boolit Master
    I have a close friend that is entirely without fear. If a bear attacked he would spring on it like a pit bull.
    If I were with him I'd have to back his play so long as he was alive because he'd do the same for me.

If I were with a bunch of strangers or almost anyone I know outside of family I'd break Jessie Owen's records getting out of there.

As for bears not attacking groups of five or more, I've seen videos of a bear charging that many hunters and their companions with three of them pouring magnum rifle bullets into him fast as they could work the actions.
    That may be uncommon behavior but an enraged bear often has little in the way of common sense or instinct for self preservation.

Boolit Buddy
    A young woman hiking alone near my town was "molested" by a black bear. The bear was testing her to see if she could be made into a meal. The girl picked up a stick and fought the bear off. She was in the Marine Corps, on leave.

Boolit Bub

With all this wisdom I'm reading here, I bet none of you know what bears without ears are called. You ready for this.....? B. Okay in case you missed it, B(ears). No ears.

Boolit Master
    I hear crickets.

Boolit Master
    best defense for bears is a can of wasp and hornet spray.... short of a fully loaded AR-10

Quote Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
    I wonder if someone stood still would the bear run past him chasing a running person or stop and eat the stationary prey. Has a bear ever killed more than one person in a group (not counting someone trying to stop a bear from attacking another person in his group)?
    There was a case I read about in Michigan (?) years ago where three teenage boys (fishing together) were all killed by a black bear.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Grand Master

I have to wonder why they weren't carrying bear spray. Wouldn't surprise me if it was illegal there. Both NY and NJ are close by but I refuse to step foot there. Not being prepared is foolish.

Boolit Master

Bambi-itis...they don't think the woods are dangerous. It's a nature preserve, it's NJ. ...that doesn't happen here..that kind of attitude.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    Pepper spray? Seriously, I've never looked for it and have been "in the woods" for 50+ years. Bears, yeah, they're around, but they're generally shy. I carry a 357 when out on my property, but its more apt to be needed for a 2 legged a$$hole.
    Yes, seriously. You can't carry a firearm in NJ. So why wouldn't you want to protect yourself? The sprays are effective so I would be carrying it w/ me.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I have to wonder why they weren't carrying bear spray. Wouldn't surprise me if it was illegal there. Both NY and NJ are close by but I refuse to step foot there. Not being prepared is foolish.
    Legal with restrictions... not exactly bear dosage...

Any non-felon 18 or over may possess for the purpose of self-defense "one pocket-sized device which contains and releases not more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance not ordinarily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury, but rather is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air". Section 2C:39-6i.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    The simple answer is that I have no need to venture forth into the People's Republic of NJ. There is plenty of land west of the Delaware River to walk on, and some of that is deeded to me; I'll carry open or concealed, hollow points if I'm so inclined, and all legally.
    Same here, so what's your point? I was giving a simple suggestion. My 13yo step daughter carries the spray when she's venturing in the Poconos. Or should I hand her a 357 and say have at it? Never thought brining up a viable way to protect yourself, doesn't matter if you aren't going into NJ, would be a bad thing.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Janoosh View Post
    Bambi-itis...they don't think the woods are dangerous. It's a nature preserve, it's NJ. ...that doesn't happen here..that kind of attitude.
    Your not too far off the mark, you just need to realize that to many city liberals the wilderness is the vacant lot next to the 7-11 store.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

I have no fear of bears as long as I have one of my liberal friends with me. I just carry my Ruger LCP with me and I'll make it out of there just fine.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.