Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors .. strike again

Neighbors .. strike again

So yesterday (Sunday it might add) evening (!!) doorbell rings and when I open I see the janitor with his wife (as backup) displaying very concerned faces and had to talk to me about a "serious" topic. Turns out while he was doing façade work (on Sunday) he was perfectly able to have a good look into my man cave where I had a bunch of components lying around as I wanted to make some .45 ammo later on. He must have almost fallen off the ladder from the shock to see "those enormous things", too bad I didn't see that.

Anyway, long story short, they were questioning the legality of what I was doing as in their kindergarden mindset it must be forbidden if it has to do with firearms, no? What shall not be, cannot be.

I still wanted to be polite because I am a polite person and told them no everything is in order there.. but then .. THE GUY ASKED IF HE COULD SEE THE LICENSES for my guns etc .. ***? Where the **** are we, a janitor asking to see my licenses.. (you need licenses to obtain firearms in Switzerland btw). I said have a good evening and went back in.

It still makes me LOL .. what makes people think they can start invading other's privacy and even attempt trying to discriminate them (while trying to get a good look at my gf's behind while on the ladder)? .. and then claim my cans of Unique are more flammable than the moonshine he has hidden in his cabinet?

No question I wrote an email to the landlord that very evening asking him *** who his janitor thinks he is.

Another post about "neighbors" suggested an attitude modification by means of a biker gang.. nice idea. While we lack biker gangs in Switzerland, I am up for suggestions.

E Svizzeri sono armatissimi e liberissimi.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY...7s-n6LwwJNbPGg

Boolit Master

should have told him no you cant see the license, but your wlecome to go take a long walk on a short pier.

Amazing isn't it, how people are very willing to mind your personal business for you huh?
    Tell him to go pound sand.

Boolit Buddy

Better watch your stuff. He is sure to blab to everyone he knows about what he has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by crowbuster View Post
    Better watch your stuff. He is sure to blab to everyone he knows about what he has seen.
    You bet I do.. unfortunately, that's exactly what's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pb2au View Post
    Amazing isn't it, how people are very willing to mind your personal business for you huh?
    Tell him to go pound sand.
    Some folks life must be pretty boring.. yes.

Boolit Master
    Boy you sure showed great restraint !

I may have offered him a knuckle sandwich at the license remark.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Expat74 View Post
    So yesterday (Sunday it might add) evening (!!) doorbell rings and when I open I see the janitor with his wife (as backup) displaying very concerned faces and had to talk to me about a "serious" topic. Turns out while he was doing façade work (on Sunday) he was perfectly able to have a good look into my man cave where I had a bunch of components lying around as I wanted to make some .45 ammo later on. He must have almost fallen off the ladder from the shock to see "those enormous things", too bad I didn't see that.

Anyway, long story short, they were questioning the legality of what I was doing as in their kindergarden mindset it must be forbidden if it has to do with firearms, no? What shall not be, cannot be.

I still wanted to be polite because I am a polite person and told them no everything is in order there.. but then .. THE GUY ASKED IF HE COULD SEE THE LICENSES for my guns etc .. ***? Where the **** are we, a janitor asking to see my licenses.. (you need licenses to obtain firearms in Switzerland btw). I said have a good evening and went back in.

It still makes me LOL .. what makes people think they can start invading other's privacy and even attempt trying to discriminate them (while trying to get a good look at my gf's behind while on the ladder)? .. and then claim my cans of Unique are more flammable than the moonshine he has hidden in his cabinet?

No question I wrote an email to the landlord that very evening asking him *** who his janitor thinks he is.

Another post about "neighbors" suggested an attitude modification by means of a biker gang.. nice idea. While we lack biker gangs in Switzerland, I am up for suggestions.

These vermin are everywhere and they breed like rats.

Boolit Master
    Wow! It seems like one of the villages around there lost their idiot. Did you check nearby to see if one was missing?
    Unfortunately it seems people like that are everywhere in the world.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

In Remembrance

Perhaps the janitor had relatives living in Germany back in the `30`s & `40`s where you reported your friends and neighbors for anything suspicous. It does give me a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that our country doesn`t have a monopoly on window peeping Tom`s.Robert

LOL .. that's what I need guys.. thanks!!

Boolit Grand Master

Its a real issue and the more regulations restrictions the more so it becomes. I would do several little things to a put him at ease and b make it harder to see whats going on. Be pleasant and courteous to him as much as is possible then hang curtains on windows to make seeing in harder. Since he has proven a perchance for window peeking not only rooms where firearms are but also bathrooms and bedrooms. I would question the landlord if he condones window peeking as parts of his "Janitors" job also.

Banned

woah that would not have ended well here at the very least I would have asked him if he has a reterd license.

too bad he can't come over here for a visit for the next 5-6 weeks, his head would explode at the sight of a gun on most every street corner on the handlebars of 4 wheelers, and in just about every trucks back window.
    unsecured,, windows rolled down, and no permit tag in sight.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Perhaps the janitor had relatives living in Germany back in the `30`s & `40`s where you reported your friends and neighbors for anything suspicous...snip
    OR in 2009 USA (remember Obama's report anything fishy request?)
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...health-reform/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Man
    It isn't that the "breed" it is that human beings are still animals and fear is a pretty major motivator (which is why it is used rather liberally by our media and political parties). If you keep throwing frightening situations in front of people eventually they will be so scared of everything involved they will do something about it. Generally this leads to false police reports, harassment, sticking their nose where it doesn't belong etc. This isn't because people are stupid, it is because people are easily ruled by fear. And if they don't know any better, because people they trust and respect haven't shown them better, they will continue to push for more regulation and more limitations to provide them with a warm security blanket.

Good thing he didn't see in my house he would had a heart attack!!

just curious how much is a pound of unique in Switzerland?

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds like a report of a peeping Tom is in order.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Well, making things harder to see is one thing. On the other hand, now that I'm known for loading enormous calibers for potentially hunting big-5 in Switzerland (Zoo nearby), why hide? First, I didn't do anything wrong and 2nd it's really none of his business. I probably need to develop a routine to only have stuff on the bench what I need and when I need it and clear it when I'm not working. Had one in place, but got sloppy. Yes, it sort of a self-restriction, but with idiots like him around.. he's almost a threat for himself. Good idea on asking the landlord to specify if peeking is part of his job. Still waiting on his reply to my initial email.

I agree, Deliverator, people tend to ask for the government to tuck them in and kiss goodnight. More and more people switch off their brain because it's easier letting other people think for them. Sad but true, especially in a country that is famous for having people vote for almost anything.

43PU, a pound of Unique is currently sold at about 70 Dollars here. I look more into european-made powders, Vihtavuori, Fiocchi, we even have a local powder manufacturer who produces propellants for the army, plus as of recently, supplies the private sector as well. Price are lower there, maybe around 55 Dollars for a little over the pound. Unfortunately, import is not cheap and the importers mostly order only a year's supply, so you have to be fast. And I'm really really glad I didn't have the gun cabinet open.. I don't know what the contents would have done to him

Got the sure cure...I was bore sighting a scoped rifle...way back in my garage...bolt out of course...rifle in a rifle vise on a table..looking at a guy's gas meter on the side of his house about 100 yards away across the street....I live right in the heart of San Diego so not rural...I'm bent over peering through the barrel when I heard a gasp and an "oh shxx"..it was the Fed Ex delivery guy..he'd pulled up across the street and walked over with a package and as he looked into the garage he was staring at the business end of a 30-06...when he quieted down and realized what I was doing he had a great laugh..he's a shooter and hunter....really glad it wasn't the local church ladies that visit us or the Mormon kids that call now and then...might have been a problem.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    Boy you sure showed great restraint !

I may have offered him a knuckle sandwich at the license remark.

I'm Dick, I'm a candidate for awesome, and I approve the quoted message.