Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CA 10 day wait ruled UnConstitutional!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    At least the folks that criticize from other places won't be visiting and clogging the freeways...
    True enough, there's no more room on the freeways for all the illegals.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Where else can an old guy like me drive my white 4 door 1986 Buick at 55 mph in the fast lane with my left blinker going...for 10 miles and cause a major sig alert on the freeways....what power.

Where else can an old guy like me drive my white 4 door 1986 Buick at 55 mph in the fast lane with my left blinker going...for 10 miles and cause a major sig alert on the freeways....what power.
    And having to live around people with the same type of mindset as yours is EXACTLY why I left. And do the rest of us a favor and stay IN that "perfect" state of yours, PLEASE.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Expanman View Post
    And having to live around people with the same type of mindset as yours is EXACTLY why I left. And do the rest of us a favor and stay IN that "perfect" state of yours, PLEASE.
    No sense of humor huh? opos post was in jest of those that do just that, mainly the illegals.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by USAFrox View Post
    Didn't the state of California just release a study where they found that breathing causes cancer and can even lead to infertility and death in laboratory animals? I hear there's now a strict limit on how much breathing each person is allowed to do per day, and if you use up your breaths too early, then you have to hold your breath until the next day to conserve the air for everyone else.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% fatality rate.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

I do my best; I tool along at about 5 under the limit in the right lane in a big white Mercury. Turn signals get too loud so I turn them off after awhile. Still back up traffic but I'm in no hurry, nothing to get excited about at home or work so I just kick back and listen to WBAP.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    No sense of humor huh? opos post was in jest of those that do just that, mainly the illegals.

Rick
    No. I do not think deliberately doing something just to see how much you can irritate someone else is the least bit funny. Nor do I think it's anything to joke about. Apparently, lots of you do, though.

Wow. Just, WOW.

Love Life
    I heart California.

Freedom is relative and based on perspective. Why, look at all the freedom I have in my current state with it's great gun laws. I can carry everywhere, but public lands are supremely limited so I'm caged into places where I have a king's pass (GORP) to play...

I'd take California over my native Georgia any day of the week. Wide open spaces where man can roam and shoot far, and look for gold, and just dang enjoy himself without being on private property or stuck in the rationed camp grounds...

Oh, and it was easier to buy a handgun in California than it was in North Carolina. True story.

In conclusion: How free are you when you are crowded in by population density and lack of public lands to play on?

Boolit Grand Master

No. I do not think deliberately doing something just to see how much you can irritate someone else is the least bit funny. Nor do I think it's anything to joke about. Apparently, lots of you do, though. Wow. Just, WOW.
    Just unbelievable. Do you really think he was saying he does that or maybe, just possibly that he was making light of those that do? I was right, no sense of humor at all.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Just unbelievable. Do you really think he was saying he does that or maybe, just possibly that he was making light of those that do? I was right, no sense of humor at all.

Rick
    On the contrary, I've been told i have a wonderful sense of humor.

But you have to say something that's actually funny first.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

No. I do not think deliberately doing something just to see how much you can irritate someone else is the least bit funny. Nor do I think it's anything to joke about. Apparently, lots of you do, though.

Wow. Just, WOW.
    Didn't you just describe marriage?

Back to the OP: do you have a link back to the court case? I'd like to read the opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow. Just, WOW.
    Wow, yep, wow. opos' post was an obvious "tongue in cheek" comment. I sincerely doubt opos really did that, he would have gotten shot by now...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Quote Originally Posted by USAFrox View Post
    Even if you got those things overturned, I still wouldn't want to go live in the land of fruits and nuts. There's a lot more wrong with California than just the gun laws.
    Preach it brother.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Im from Maine, My mom brought us out here in 1971 and I have hated it for the last 43 years! Northern Ca may be better because there are actual forests there and its green. I am so sick of brown.... Brown trees, brown grass, brown air.... etc.. I am going up north into Oregon first and then maybe over to Idaho in a couple years. Family up in Oregon is why there first...

I am so sick of the Illegals here... they are the rudest people I have ever met in my entire life! Im sure its their plan to act this way so they can get the white people to move and leave the area to them. I hear them say it all the time!

Well they are getting this white boy to move and never come back! I dont like living in the desert and calling it an oasis when everything here is starving for water.. I say good riddance to this hell hole they call the Gold Coast.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Doc Holliday View Post
    Im from Maine, My mom brought us out here in 1971 and I have hated it for the last 43 years! Northern Ca may be better because there are actual forests there and its green. I am so sick of brown.... Brown trees, brown grass, brown air.... etc.. I am going up north into Oregon first and then maybe over to Idaho in a couple years. Family up in Oregon is why there first...

I am so sick of the Illegals here... they are the rudest people I have ever met in my entire life! Im sure its their plan to act this way so they can get the white people to move and leave the area to them. I hear them say it all the time!

Well they are getting this white boy to move and never come back! I dont like living in the desert and calling it an oasis when everything here is starving for water.. I say good riddance to this hell hole they call the Gold Coast.
    Don't forget about the worst brown of all, Governor Brown. Who wants to make California a sanctuary State to criminal aliens. SoCal is already well on its way to being a Mexican annex.

smokeywolf
    Last edited by smokeywolf; 09-07-2014 at 11:53 PM.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Ummmm . . . . Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but the problem is the people who do not control their bags, not the bags themselves. Correct? Perhaps we should get to the heart of the matter and accept a bit of responsibility instead of passing more laws to be broken/ignored/circumvented? Or perhaps we should outlaw people?

Crazy talk? Yeah. It is. Sheesh!

OK! You are the guy the country has been waiting for; a new Messiah, who is going to tell us how to control the huge illegal population that Obama has allowed in and allowed to stay, fed with Federal Monies. Congress did outlaw those people, or hadn't you heard?

Just for starters get them to throw their grocery bags in the trash bins. Then get them to dispose of their soiled baby diapers by some means other than tossing them onto the parking lot.

I can't wait for you to get here to the Rio Grande Valley and start fixing things for us. In the meantime, they are coming to neighborhoods all over the country, and will be waiting for you when you get back from Texas.
    Last edited by Cadillo; 09-08-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: more info.
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillo View Post
    OK! You are the guy the country has been waiting for; a new Messiah, who is going to tell us how to control the huge illegal population that Obama has allowed in and allowed to stay, fed with Federal Monies. Congress did outlaw those people, or hadn't you heard?

Just for starters get them to throw their grocery bags in the trash bins. Then get them to dispose of their soiled baby diapers by some means other than tossing them onto the parking lot.

I can't wait for you to get here to the Rio Grande Valley and start fixing things for us. In the meantime, they are coming to neighborhoods all over the country, and will be waiting for you when you get back from Texas.
    Are there not laws against all these things already? Worthless without enforcement. Such is the way of things when only some laws are enforced and others ignored when doing so is "popular". The first thing they are taught is ignore the law and sneak in. Is anybody really surprised that they are ignoring the rest of our laws and disrespecting us and our customs?
    And, keep trying to fill that Messiah job. I'm not interested. Sounds like you know what to do. Why don't YOU give it a try?
    Last edited by Hannibal; 09-09-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Guys, guys, guys,,, we are all on the same page here. I started this thread to let everyone know about something that was positive about this state and how it would affect their states in the future.

It has now digressed to a pissing match between people on both sides of the "Do you like CA?" Subject?

CA is the way it is because of voter complacency,,, over the last 40-50 years! Yes it took that long to get to where it is now.

Texas, You are a perfect model to follow CA down this path. You have large quantities of Illegals which are being allowed to stay by the feds. You have one big Liberal stronghold in Austin and other metropolitan districts which are being pushed towards the left,,, Slowly but surely.

All those Mexicans who are coming here now are going to have children who will be citizens as soon as they hit the ground. They will mainly live in the big cities when they grow up and vote for the people who give them the most stuff.

If you shift the demographic in Austin, San Antonio, and DFW to the left,,, you control the state.

How far off is that in your future?

The way to change this is to deny Illegals work and access to public services locally in every Red Corner of the state. If there is no work they can't stay.

If you live in New Braunfels or Seguin your City Counsels pass ordinances and demand you not hand out benefits to Illegals, and you also demand that every farmer in the area not hire them. You don't hire Mexican gardeners unless they are citizens, and the list of doors to close goes on.

No more Joaquin in la Caja.

State Govt can't really do much about local ordinances, and especially if they are legal and really only enforcing State or Federal laws already on the books. A simple change in the Local Sheriff's enforcement policies can bring about massive change. Local Sheriffs are the grass roots for change of the sort we need nationally.

Also when local law finds illegals they take them to the border and kick them out. No handing them over to the BP or ICE who are not enforcing the laws on the books. You do it yourself.

Also local businesses hiring practices can be controlled locally, and you make fines big enough that the ordinances are obeyed.

Simple as that.

Getting the people to get interested enough to do something like vote is the hard part. Everybody bitches, but our elections are decided by less than 25% of the people who do vote, and I'm not talkin' just CA here,,, This is 25% nation wide!

So the problems with CA are not peculiar to CA, you either got them and choose to ignore them or you will have them soon enough.

Politicians rely on your dis-interest. That's what happened here, and it's what will happen to you soon enough.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

W.R.

I guess that you haven't yet heard that Federal Laws trump State Laws. Do a little research on Governor Wallace of Alabama. He learned the hard way.

Were you living in Cali during the Rodney King Riots? To calm the natives after the first trial of the officers resulted in acquittal, the Feds stepped in and tried and convicted them on Federal Civil Rights Charges.

There's no way the Feds would ever allow a state to deport people out of this country. That would quickly lead to charges for violation of their civil rights as defined by Federal Statutes and case law. You are dreaming. When Federal and State Laws come to a crossroads the Federal Government enforces its authority and laws in spite of the State Laws.

And yes, I know that the Kenyan has decided long ago to not enforce our Immigration laws, but I can assure you that the feds will never allow the states to start deporting people.

Maybe you could write and sell a movie script to some Hollywood producer.

Oh the humanity!
    Last edited by Cadillo; 09-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!

Boolit Master
    Does anyone have a citation for the court case supposedly being discussed? Am very curious as to which court and at what level this ruling came from. Remember the Peralta case where all god's chilluns were going to get CCWs? Preliminary ruling Feb 2014, last action May 2014. Slow justice is no justice. Don't hold your breath waiting for your CCW or picking up your gun without a 10 day wait.