MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: mauser stock

Boolit Master

mauser stock

looking to replace mt stock with something a little mor sporty. any ideas. nouthing fancy just a good working stock for a hunting rifle.thinks bill

Boolit Master

Boyd's has a selection for most Mausers. Depending on if you are using iron sights or scope, you want something that matches your use. I ordered an RIA for a peep sight 95 Chiliean Mauser and trimmed off the hump so it would bring my line of sight down to the peep. It was cheaper to do this in my case.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Buddy
    "Sportsmans Guide" had the Fajen synthetic "sporter" replacement stocks (No cheek piece, "classic style", black, checkered forend and grip) for the large ring 98 Mauser for $44.99 (Member) or $49.99 (Non Member) plus shipping. "Ready to go", no fitting or finishing needed. Will require the bolt handle "notch" to be cut or "rasped in" if you have a low , turned down (or commercial) bolt handle. For a military style (straight or military "bent") bolt handle it is a "drop in fit". Sometimes they are on sale for $5 less, but I cannot find a listing at that price. You could always try asking them for the sale price. I really like the one I got. Info: It is in 2014 Summer Shooting Supplies Catalog, Part# D4A-298533, Online www.sportsmansguide.com, Phone 1-800-888-3006 (24 hrs, 7days a week). Hope this helps, Safeshot
    Getting old is the best you can hope for.

In Remembrance

Check Boyd`s for quite a variety of stocks and woods. The least expensive as I recall started at $69.Robert

Boolit Master
    I just finished a 98K action fit with a new barrel in 308 Win.

i used a thumb hole stock from BOYDS in the Pepper color.

The rifle will have a scope.

I installed a Vias type muzzle brake I also made.

The drawing of the muzzle brake is in Special Projects.

Here is Boyds' wood selection:
    http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/conten...colorchart.htm

Boyds' webpage regarding Mauser action bolt spacing is also very helpful for rifle model and manufacture identification. (Note their restocking fee.)

If you want light weight, go with a black plastic Fajen stock. I've had good experiences with them, but they aren't pretty:
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...lack?a=1512932

Both will require some fitting and bedding work.

I hope this helps,
    Last edited by UBER7MM; 08-04-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    I have been buying Mausers stocks from Brownells.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	260 6-7-2013.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	114284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7mmRemMag antelope 2011.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	114285

You may want to check Richards Microfit Stocks, www.rifle-stocks.com. Has a good variation of styles, and the prices don't look too bad.
    2AMMD

Boolit Master

I have used Boyd's Stocks 3 times now and they are good stocks for the money. They do have flaws though. All 3 of my stock came with a flat place somewhere in the stock. 2 were in the area just behind the grip and one was in the bottom of the fore end. All were repairable but took extra work on my part. All 3 had more wood than I like but 2 or 3 hours with different grades of sandpaper cut them down a bit lighter. 2 my Boyd's so far have been laminated stocks. All brown. The other was a Marlin 336 in walnut. The rubber butt pads furnished with them are serviceable but cheezy. I would rather they be left off because I am going to put a Pachmayr Decelerator pad on them anyway. The Boyd's are very nice once you get one finished. Take your time and look at all options and as many examples of the finished stocks as you can find. Other people including me will likely have slightly different ideas of what your rifle should look like but you are the one that counts. If you don't like the looks once you get it on your rifle, you have wasted time and money. james

Boolit Buddy
    Sarco inc has some wood sporter stocks for under 50 bucks.
    AR15 goes bang, AK47 goes bang, Mosin goes boom...