Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10 cents a round for .22LR

Used to buy these guys for 5 bucks. Sometimes less. Oh well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebay2-12-013.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	110473

Boolit Mold
    They are a local store for me. Use to stop by once a week and pick up stuff. Sandyhook took place. They went from a $25 FFL transfer fee to $55 fee. The day of the shooting ALL prices went up 3 to 4 fold on everything in the store. Federal 525 bulk packs were marked at $109.99.
    I havent been back since.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mrspradlin View Post
    They are a local store for me. Use to stop by once a week and pick up stuff. Sandyhook took place. They went from a $25 FFL transfer fee to $55 fee. The day of the shooting ALL prices went up 3 to 4 fold on everything in the store. Federal 525 bulk packs were marked at $109.99.
    I havent been back since.
    i wouldnt go back either, but i would sure as heck let them know why.

Boolit Master

Seven or eight bucks per brick (adjusted for inflation from when you could buy them for that) sounds likely to me, when supply catches up some day.

Funny thing is, I remember buying .22lr ammo in the mid '80s; a good deal (at least wherever I bought them) was under $1 box/50. Adjusted for inflation, that's over $20 per brick in today's money.

Boolit Grand Master

Honestly, I feel they will settle in around 6-8 cents a round for typical fodder. I'll buy at that point and stock up heavily as space and money allows. Same with primers, powder, lead, etc.

yall do make a good point on how much FUN they are. I still stand by my original post but can understand excitement as it's becoming more plentiful and cheaper.

Thank you OP for the heads up. I wasn't trying to be thumbing my nose if it seemed that way.

i bought some at the 7/11 for 5$ per brick of 500 in the late 60's i found sportsmans warehouse locally is selling a box of 525 copper plated for $26.oo very reasonable in these times of hoarding .. just get in line when the delivery day comes .. they are one of the few that dont OVERCHARGE...
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    Honestly, I feel they will settle in around 6-8 cents a round for typical fodder. I'll buy at that point and stock up heavily as space and money allows. Same with primers, powder, lead, etc.

yall do make a good point on how much FUN they are. I still stand by my original post but can understand excitement as it's becoming more plentiful and cheaper.

Thank you OP for the heads up. I wasn't trying to be thumbing my nose if it seemed that way.
    That is what they are now - around here. 5 to 6 cents for most and 8 cents for CCIs.

( Of course there is the match stuff. I don't even check prices on that. I have never bought a box in my life.)
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    Seven or eight bucks per brick (adjusted for inflation from when you could buy them for that) sounds likely to me, when supply catches up some day.

Funny thing is, I remember buying .22lr ammo in the mid '80s; a good deal (at least wherever I bought them) was under $1 box/50. Adjusted for inflation, that's over $20 per brick in today's money.
    That's saying they'll be $16 per thousand? Lets compare that to primers, which don't have anywhere near the brass needed for a 22lr round and they don't need a 32 grain lead bullet. Do you see them coming back to $16 per thousand?

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post

They won't settle in at anything less than they're bring now. When was the last time you went to the store and saw an item come down in price, that was in such demand?
    Can you imagine Chevrolet doing that? "We're caught up now folks so we'll reduce our profits so you can buy more and we can make less" Yeah right!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    They won't settle in at anything less than they're bring now. When was the last time you went to the store and saw an item come down in price, that was in such demand?
    ARs are the perfect example. They shot to sky high prices after Sandy Hook. Base line models were selling for close to $2k around here. Everyone said that it was the new norm and don't expect them to be as cheap as they were pre Sandy Hook. I was one of the ones that said this. And boy was I wrong. Eventually supply caught up to demand and prices came down. They are at or below pre Sandy Hook levels. While it is odd for prices to come back down. There is a precedent w/ shooting related items.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    ARs are the perfect example. They shot to sky high prices after Sandy Hook. Base line models were selling for close to $2k around here. Everyone said that it was the new norm and don't expect them to be as cheap as they were pre Sandy Hook. I was one of the ones that said this. And boy was I wrong. Eventually supply caught up to demand and prices came down. They are at or below pre Sandy Hook levels. While it is odd for prices to come back down. There is a precedent w/ shooting related items.
    Not around here. Maybe the copies being built on the AR platform but certainly not the Colts. I never was a fan of the tactical stuff. One well placed shot is better than 30 that miss anyway.

Boolit Master
    I've been able to score bricks of Blazer off Cabelas.com for around $28 before ship and tax. I recently got a 1k box of the Winchester M22 for $49.xx plus tax. They ship to the store free if one is nearby, still get stuck with the tax. Key to the Cabelas rimfire is to check early in the morning and check it often. They told me they sell a ton via their when I go to pick it up.

Boolit Buddy
    CCI's -- both minimag and SV have been showing up locally for about 7.5c/rd. Now.. on a good day before, you could get CCI's for 7c.. so factoring in inflation it's still less of a difference than a pound of hamburger over the time period. I'm still waiting for the 4c Federal Jam o' matics, the 4c WWB WTH rounds, and the 5c Remington golden whatchamacallits to come back, but in general I prefer to spend the extra 2c a round on the "good stuff". They will be back soon, too...

The sad fact is that we are getting robbed blind with inflation now, and metals, powder, etc. are real durable goods.. In the past this was no problem (and is normal in a capitalist economy) because wages followed. Wages haven't followed in over ten years. (And as mathematically expected prices doubled on real items.) So both the right and left are correct. The government is stealing from us and so are the corporations, and especially the banks/insurance companies...

But when prices settle in-- they are starting to-- expect everything to be 10% - 15% higher.. that is mainly due to inflation, not fear anymore...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    Not around here. Maybe the copies being built on the AR platform but certainly not the Colts. I never was a fan of the tactical stuff. One well placed shot is better than 30 that miss anyway.
    Only need to go online to see what in talking about. Just look a the price of Pmags. While you aren't into these type of firearms. I have little interest as well. The fact remains that their prices spiked, and have now backed down to what they were two years ago. I don't judge a market as a whole by local price. BTW, the AR is not a colt design so it's a copy

Boolit Master

Only need to go online to see what in talking about. Just look a the price of Pmags. While you aren't into these type of firearms. I have little interest as well. The fact remains that their prices spiked, and have now backed down to what they were two years ago. I don't judge a market as a whole by local price. BTW, the AR is not a colt design so it's a copy
    actually AR magazines are the cheapest they have ever been right now.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    actually AR magazines are the cheapest they have ever been right now.
    That was my point :beer:

Boolit Master
    Picked up a Federal 525rd loose brick this morning at Sportsman's Warehouse for $24.99. Had bricks of Thunderbolts for $23.99 (I have quite a few already). Last time I was up there, they had CCI Mini Mags or Stingers for $23.99/300rd, which I picked up. I hadn't seen CCI for under $.08/ea for a long while. The guys stocking the shelves had a case of each type of bricks they were putting out. CCI primers are down to $32.99 up at the same store as well

I never said it was. Armalite never receives any credit for the AR since Colt was the first supplier of the AR as a combat weapon. The previous attempts by Armalite was for a a pilot survival weapon. Colt is, and always will be the one against which all others will be judged. I'm not a fan of tactical stuff but i like service rifles.

I judge a local market because that's where my money goes. That's what i meant by, "Around here".
    Last edited by FLHTC; 07-15-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    When they get back to $7-8 per 500-round brick, I'll think about it.
    Not unless you have a Delorean modified by Doc Brown! 22 million jigawats of electricity to power the time circuts and the Flux-capacitor!

Doc Brown said, "Marty, when this baby hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious (slang word for fecal matter)!

I just sold some Federal Gold Metal 22 lr Target & CCI standard & Blazer 22 lr 13.000 rds at $10.00 bucks per 100 rds & CCI 22 mag per $20.00 per 50 rds to a LGS this hording is more PIA then its worth. neck & Back surgery's have kept me from any real shooting for the last three years. another 10.000 rounds going to lgs friday CCI 100 rd packs. he sells them for $7.50 per 50 rds. To much of a PIA to ship out UPS. I will keep a few to plink with. I shoot mostly Black powder cartridge when i do shoot. GD
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"