Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Hazmat Fee on Primers Sale

Boolit Master on Heavens Range

No Hazmat Fee on Primers Sale

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com has a sale running right now on Primers with 'no hazmat fee'

I just bought some for myself and the website is getting hammered; very slow response time

I just bought 5,000 CCI #500 small pistol primers for $148.29 shipped to my house !

After you buy yours, please bump this back to the top so that everyone can take advantage of the sale and save a few bucks.
    Last edited by Bonz; 07-10-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

I had to phone them because my password wouldn't work. It took them about 3 minutes to answer the phone because they are swamped.

My password was changed to all "lower case" letters, no more capital letters. Tried that and it worked.

The servers that handle the website are overloaded by the amount of people taking advantage of this sale. This is really going to test your patience

Boolit Grand Master

Awesome. thanks for the heads up

Thanks...hated to spend the $ but really needed them.

ADMIN

Not sure on how much a savings is if you purchase more then 10K primers.
    Example - PowderValleyINC.com has Remington small pistol primers for $30 per K. Midsouth is 36.76 per K
    If you buy 10K primers you are paying $67 more from Midsouth vs Powder Valley.

Hazmat fee is $26.
    You are still having to pay shipping from Midsouth its they just don't toss in the hazmat fee.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Man alive, $30.00 a thousand practically, sure glad I got my primers years ago.

Less than $10.00 a thousand and no hazmet.
    Last edited by jcwit; 07-10-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Man alive, $50.00 a thousand practically, sure glad I got my primers years ago.

I just paid less than $30 a thousand for CCI #500 Small Pistol, shipped to my door, including all fees

Boolit Grand Master

Federal small pistol on the way for me. My 627 thanks you.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Man alive, $50.00 a thousand practically, sure glad I got my primers years ago.

Yeah, I've bought primers at $10... but that was long ago and far away. Today was $29.50 per thousand carried to my door. In a few years, these will be the good old days too...
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Bump to the top

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Good deal for you guys in the boonies. I get them locally at several stores for just about the same price....and UPS NO shipping charges. I refuse to pay HAZMAT fees on anything, so I get all my powder and primers locally. They buy so many, the fees are almost non-existent in their prices.

Go for it if you need primers!

bangerjim

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Good deal for you guys in the boonies. I get them locally at several stores for just about the same price....and UPS NO shipping charges. I refuse to pay HAZMAT fees on anything, so I get all my powder and primers locally. They buy so many, the fees are almost non-existent in their prices.

Go for it if you need primers!

bangerjim
    Primers in Local Gun Shops in Charlotte, NC are normally $39.99 per thousand plus tax.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Yeah, I've bought primers at $10... but that was long ago and far away. Today was $29.50 per thousand carried to my door. In a few years, these will be the good old days too...
    I bought all they had, doubtful I'll ever use them all up.

I'm in my "Good Old Days".
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Thanks, Bonz! I got CCI #41 primers for $36.60/K. The local gun store wanted $75/K and challenged me to find them cheaper anywhere else. I buy from him when prices are in line but will do without when they aren't. One of his new employees thought that .22LR had always been $8.95/box of 50.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Our LGS has #41's for $39.99... so $75 is insane...

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Ya' gotta shop around! At a local gun show recently, one guy and 1K primers for $31/box. Not more than 50 feet away, a clown had the EXACT same thing for $55!

I do have one LGS that sells them for $44/K.....pretty pricy! And one of the big box stores sells them for $39.99/K.

But I get them for $32 or there abouts, depending on brand.

6 months ago, we could not even find them at ANY price! Guys were planning on re-making old primers using match heads!!!!!!!! OMG!

Now.........if pistol powders would just follow along and become readily available.

banger

Boolit Grand Master

It's amazing the price disparity on primers. Cabela's has charged $40 per K for years. Even when PV was selling them for $20. I'm glad a few shops around here sell them for $30 per K all day long. I bought 5k CCI SP primers shortly after the new year for $25 per K. I've been waiting for them to run a sale on other types but they haven't yet. Buy what you can, wherever you can at a price you are comfortable w/.

Boolit Master
    Well I couldn't take advantage of the sale because I am just tooooo broke Oh well. Here is a bump for folks who can. Only thing I could really use at this point anyway is large pistol primers.

Last gun show I picked up Winchester Western Staynless (Old Yellow box) Large Rifle Primers for under $15 p/K. I had two people telling me not to do it because they were "too old" to use. So far 200+ of them have gone off without a hitch, and I have enough large rifle primers I don't even need to worry about it for a good while. I still get to laugh at the two buddies who told me the primers were "too old" to use since they paid $48 p/K for CCI large rifle primers from a different booth the same day.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com still has primers available, most at sale price =and= no hazmat fees

Boolit Master
    So Cabelas here sells a pound for 30.00 without tax, or kegs of say 4227 for 189.00(online only)they say you dont have to pay shipping if you ship to the store, but they charge 30.00 more for 4227 than say PowderValley, then I have to drive to go pick it up which is a 20.00 in the tank. Now I ordered a keg of 4227 for 200.00 even delivered from PV, now thats not that cheap but its about 20.00 cheaper than buying it from a retailer here in Reno. I cant even entertain buying multiple pounds at 30.00 it would be 240.00!!