RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2013 Lyman Mag 25 Digital Melting Furnace

Boolit Master

I have a little concern as well regarding Lyman. Although I think that pot looks great, and the price is also great, why is it cheaper then the standard bottom pour? I had heard something about imported. You would think they could make this pot as an improvement over the standard pot, charge a little more, and everyone would be happy. I saw an ad for the new priming tool from Lyman, it looked like it was made out of nylon. Maybe not a bad thing either. Between all this and cheaper trim kits, it makes you wonder where Lyman is headed?

Boolit Buddy

Tells me exactly where they are headed...

Boolit Buddy

For those interested, here is the latest (as of 7 July) status on the Mag 25 availability from Brownell's:
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 9:17am - staff
    Unfortunately we are still a couple months off before they will start to ship. We are doing a small production batch now for final testing. As long as all goes well, we would then start on full production runs and start shipping. We apologize for the continued delays.

Boolit Bub
    Typical Lyman...all BS....

One time I called them on parts for the sizer. The smart *** on the other end was just impossible to talk to. "Do you have an exploded diagram on your website?" ...Websites are expensive, no we don't have that...

I work in customer service and if I pulled that one I'd be on the street corner with a sign "work 4 food".

Which is why I only buy Lyman as a last resort....

Hope this new pot is an exception, but I have my doubts....

Boolit Master
    We still do not have the Mag 25 Furnaces available due to a delay in manufacturing. At this point, the product has not been manufactured to our quality standards, therefore we are not comfortable releasing this at this time. We hope to have this resolved and ready to ship by Fall 2014. If you would like to cancel your order, please let us know.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by zomby woof View Post
    We still do not have the Mag 25 Furnaces available due to a delay in manufacturing. At this point, the product has not been manufactured to our quality standards, therefore we are not comfortable releasing this at this time. We hope to have this resolved and ready to ship by Fall 2014. If you would like to cancel your order, please let us know.
    In my opinion they must be using China manufacturing. At least they are attempting to do some QC and not just sending them out. This is what happens when you try to make a $400 product for $200.00.

D

Boolit Buddy
    Lyman has many of their products made in China now but I'm not sure about the furnace. I tried to get one through Midway with a backorder but nothing happened for the longest time so I called them to find out what was going on. They said they get a few that go out fast so they cannot show it as a stock item.

I cancelled the backorder and bought a Magma Master Pot.......expensive but worth it IMHO. I couldn't be happier.........It's made in AZ, USA not @#%#$^%$&%$^