Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eat your heart out guys.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post

They had it in 8lb too

Do they ship? I would love to pickup 5 x 8lb jugs and enough primers to make the 50lb limit......

They had very few primers. I don't think that they ship.

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    Good now if I could just find some Bullseye and Unique I'd be happier than a pig in slop.
    BE is not to be found around here!!!!!!!!!!!

They had it in 8lb too
    All the gun stores in west virginia combined don't have that much powder on the shelves ,LOL....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by butch2570 View Post
    All the gun stores in west virginia combined don't have that much powder on the shelves ,LOL....
    A lumber yard in Clarksburg has rifle powder in one pounds jugs only and that is if you want to pay the price, they are high. I wait for the gun show in Fairmont to get powder and primers still not the best prices but better than that lumber yard.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Buddy

joesig,

I wouldn't mind knowing another source. A drive to source or shipping source? My pistol powders are very low. Thanks.

A lumber yard in Clarksburg has rifle powder in one pounds jugs only and that is if you want to pay the price, they are high. I wait for the gun show in Fairmont to get powder and primers still not the best prices but better than that lumber yard.
    I done what 44 man did , I placed the 50 lb backorder, I'm not running all over the creation looking for things.
    Last edited by butch2570; 06-21-2014 at 11:02 PM.

In Remembrance
    Every driver that hauls hazmat pays more to get his license, way more,, and evern has has to pay again before a regular cdl is even due to renew. Every rig that hauls hasmat pays more for the extra (more than double) liability the feds require, plus extra for hasmat insurance. I am paying real close to double right now for hasmat insurance, and I can't haul powder, chemicals or fuel on the insurance I have. If ups was not charging more for hasmat, then they were charging hasmat rates for regular freight, because it does cost to haul it, from any standpoint you look at it from.

They had it in 8lb too
    I wish shops around here looked like that! I haven't seen any pistol powders here in almost a year!
    Tom Vietnam Vet..........June 66 - Dec 67

Boolit Master
    8 lb. jugs at Graf's for $160.99; about $22--/lb. w/hazmat, if you buy 2 cases (32 lbs.).

They've also got a little bit of a stock of large pistol primers.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

I took a 325 mile trip north to drop the son off at his Nana's and stopped at a few gun stores on the way Friday. The only one's stocked like that were crazy high so I passed. I did however pick up 3k of assorted primers, some #10 caps and part of the powder I found was 8# of 2230 and an 8# keg of Hercules Bullseye dated 1993 . Unfortunately the $ ean out before the supplies on this trip.

Boolit Master

I done what 44 man did , I placed the 50 lb backorder, I'm not running all over the creation looking for things.
    I don't either they are in the same mall that I pay my cable bill so just have to stop and see what they have. Walmart also has powder and primers so if they have what I need I get it there.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

I don't either they are in the same mall that I pay my cable bill so just have to stop and see what they have. Walmart also has powder and primers so if they have what I need I get it there.
    The problem I see here ,just a little south of you 62 , is all the gun stores I frequent all use Ellet Brothers Dist. and are not really trying to get hooked up with other Distributors and that's why we don't see powder shelves stocked like the one posted buy Bullshop Jr. There is powder out there I personally have found it , but have to drive three to four hours one way to get it.

Boolit Master
    Walmart! Wish ours sold powder and primers.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

The problem I see here ,just a little south of you 62 , is all the gun stores I frequent all use Ellet Brothers Dist. and are not really trying to get hooked up with other Distributors and that's why we don't see powder shelves stocked like the one posted buy Bullshop Jr. There is powder out there I personally have found it , but have to drive three to four hours one way to get it.
    Ya I haven't been out to McFlys, used to be Jerry's, in some time it's not often we get to Weston. I know they carry some reloading stuff just not enough to make me go there.
    Lead bullets Matter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Every driver that hauls hazmat pays more to get his license, way more,, and evern has has to pay again before a regular cdl is even due to renew. Every rig that hauls hasmat pays more for the extra (more than double) liability the feds require, plus extra for hasmat insurance. I am paying real close to double right now for hasmat insurance, and I can't haul powder, chemicals or fuel on the insurance I have. If ups was not charging more for hasmat, then they were charging hasmat rates for regular freight, because it does cost to haul it, from any standpoint you look at it from.
    Interesting thing I did not consider. However when I worked the freight counter, cost went by weight and even size was not extra.
    Regulations ruined a lot and now the post office is going to start charging by box size more then before.
    I hate a company that adds a handling charge too. If I send you some boolits free but need postage, should I charge to pack a box? I spent years changing skids or banding shipments with no extra charge to the customer. But today it costs you for luggage in the pits. Then you are lucky to get a bag of peanuts when long ago you got steak and shrimp, even seen caviar. Short ribs were unreal. When I flew, the booze was free and the stew gave me extra bottles to take with me. Now you pay for soda.
    After 911, security went crazy, they would confiscate my fork and nail clippers from my lunch bucket. Mechanics could not bring tools.
    Big brother looks out for you!

Boolit Master
    Not eating my heart out, but thanks for the lead. Just took delivery by FEDEX. Midsouth didn't have anything else I needed, but then I no longer need 4759.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Master

Humm BJ have you been in my shed again!!!!
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

In Remembrance
    I would love to be able to order powder, but it just isn't to be. lol

44man, since 911 we have had to get passports to pass through Canada, never before. We have to be fingerprinted to get hasmat on our license, at a cost of 90 bucks and an appointment on certain days to do it, can't just go to the dmv and get her done. The license is for 5 years, but the finger prints is only good for 4 years, so we have to remember and renew our license a year early (and pay the fees. lol) Then every five years we have to get a seperate fingerprint IF we ever want to haul anything into or out of any port, this set of prints is worth 130 bucks. Since 911 they have come up with severals to help me spend my money. One port I haul out of occasionally, I usually get there in the night, kids ride their bicycles through it all night. I make it a point to track down security in the mornings when they come to work, and make them look at the friggin TWIC card, so they know I am not a terrorist.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range
    I lucked out about a month ago a local store started getting in all kinds of powder in 1 lb size hogdon imr Winchester alliant all for list price 18.00 to 25.00 per pound and there getting it in weekly. maybe things are starting to loosen up at last