MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linotype bar question

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Static line View Post
    Lol,trust me my friend. I am far from being a salesman.Everytime I sell anything it is usually at a loss.You know what I mean if you have ever tried to sell a gun in order to justify buying another one.I even sold a 1962 Chevy Impala for $600.00 one time just so I could hurry and buy a different car.Really big mistake.Your handle reminded me of that.
    I know the feeling of losing money on cars but did make some on one car and broke even on another and thats after 40+ years of buying cars. Gun never sold one and to buy one just have to make sure the Wife wants one get it for her and then she feel guilty and lets me buy one. LOL
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Hard to miss if you can get lino at 50 cents and sell it for $1.50 plus shipping in a US Postal flat rate shipping box. Lino is hard enough to break into short pieces that will fit in the FRS box.
    Lino can be used to create many different recipes of lead alloy so it is the reserve lead of choice for most people since it can be used to sweeten most lead into better lead.
    You bet, I'd be a buyer of a "lot" of it.

I also had an Impala but mine was a 63, I just had to have the 327.

The only car I really made money on was my 57 Tbird. It was a nice 3 that I just had to "upgrade" & wound up with a 1 that I couldn't drive anymore. So sold it just before the 08 crash & made out OK.

Had a lot of collector cars but consider I have done well when I can say I almost broke even & got to drive it for x amount of years. lol

Sure would have liked to have been smart enough to get a 70 Hemi Cuda, instead of a 69 318 ***.

Quote Originally Posted by tygar View Post
    You bet, I'd be a buyer of a "lot" of it.

I also had an Impala but mine was a 63, I just had to have the 327.

The only car I really made money on was my 57 Tbird. It was a nice 3 that I just had to "upgrade" & wound up with a 1 that I couldn't drive anymore. So sold it just before the 08 crash & made out OK.

Had a lot of collector cars but consider I have done well when I can say I almost broke even & got to drive it for x amount of years. lol

Sure would have liked to have been smart enough to get a 70 Hemi Cuda, instead of a 69 318 ***.
    Should have,would have, could have.I think the saying goes something like that.I got back from the Nam and paid cash,$2800.00 for a 67 Chevelle SS 396. Now there was a car.
    I still might check and see if he still has the Linotype but funds are a little low after buying stuff to cast with.Nothing quite like jumping in with both feet.

Boolit Man

I have one of these?

Bought this from a local thrift shop awhile back, represented as Linotype. This has a similarity to the ones shown in one of the first posts primarily due to the eye at the top, tho' it does appear to have been poured in an ingot mold somewhat like the ones I use for my lead, but a lot longer. It weighs 23 pounds.

Do these photos strike any chords with any of you? And how would I tell (or find out) what it is - cut a piece of it off, melt it, record the temperature at which it melts, do a hardness test, or???????

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jess

(My first attempt to add photos to a post - my apologies for the duplication)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0205.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	108390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	108391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0205.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	108390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	108391

That's lino, go back to some of the earlier that tell the melt temps and such.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson