Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATF got back to me about private boolit sales

Boolit Master
    only applies to manufactures and exporters, not domestic resellers.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by fastfire View Post
    So every mom and pop store in this country that sells any components has to pay the 2500.00 a year?
    No, selling components doesn't even require an FFL. Manuf for sale does, as well as paying the FET. AT least that was how it was when I had a FFL to manuf ammo.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    Look at section:

--------------------------------------

CATEGORY III—AMMUNITION/ORDNANCE
    * (a) Ammunition/ordnance for the articles
    in Categories I and II of this section.

(c) Equipment and tooling specifically designed
    or modified for the production of defense
    articles controlled by this category.

(1) The components, parts, accessories and
    attachments controlled in this category include,
    but are not limited to cartridge cases,
    powder bags (or other propellant charges),
    bullets, jackets, cores, , shells (excluding
    shotgun shells), projectiles (including canister
    rounds and submunitions therefor),
    boosters, firing components therefor, primers,
    and other detonating devices for the defense
    articles controlled in this category.

-----------------------------------------

Does this say that our bullet swaging dies are regulated like bullets are?

Lafaun
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

Boolit Master

If they are used in automatic equipment they are.
    Magma needs permits to export sets of 8 molds for the Bullet Master,it is considered"war machinery", a single mold for a Master Caster no problem!

Boolit Master
    Being a class 6 holder and having been through the process with the ATF, I would highly recommend you do the right thing. They are aware of many casting operations that do not pay ITAR but the field agent doing my interview said they are running a big risk as it's illegal. I pay for the class 6, ITAR, as well as liability ins. I choose not to interpret the law. I had considered at one time selling without ITAR but the ATF will not allow you a class 6 anymore without you paying it. I love my second ammendment rights and choose not to run that risk of loosing them because I want to sell some rocks that could be interpreted as projectiles to some friends locally. Be careful.
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Vendor Sponsor

I keep seeing people post you don't need an ITAR because someone down the road or their buddy sells cast bullets and they don't have or didn't pay the ITAR .. Guys its illegal ...if you get caught its a felony .. you lose all your gun rights, you may go to jail and either way its going to cost you a very large sum of money .. NOT worth the risk .. especially with the administration we have now

I have a person a few miles down the road from me that I warned several times about selling guns (for a profit) definition of a gun dealer according to the ATF.. He knew better .. people sell them all the time at the Flea market and don't have a FFL he says .. I DID NOT turn him in just so you know
    he is now charged with multiple felonies ...he will be convicted..and he will lose the ability to ever touch a gun or ammo again
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I keep seeing people post you don't need an ITAR because someone down the road or their buddy sells cast bullets and they don't have or didn't pay the ITAR .. Guys its illegal ...if you get caught its a felony .. you lose all your gun rights, you may go to jail and either way its going to cost you a very large sum of money .. NOT worth the risk .. especially with the administration we have now

I have a person a few miles down the road from me that I warned several times about selling guns (for a profit) definition of a gun dealer according to the ATF.. He knew better .. people sell them all the time at the Flea market and don't have a FFL he says .. I DID NOT turn him in just so you know
    he is now charged with multiple felonies ...he will be convicted..and he will lose the ability to ever touch a gun or ammo again
    there is NO way i am gonna gamble with my freedom and gun rights by trying to pull a fast one on the BATF.
    i like being able to just walk around loose.......

Boolit Master
    I would err on the side of caution on this subject. The answer to the letter was as narrow as the question asked.

You can lose a lot if your interpretation is not theirs. Their interpretation can change very suddenly by executive order or by a new rule.

Cover your bases thoroughly.

Vendor Sponsor

Keep in mind that back about 2002 the ATF approved not once but twice in a 1 year period the Akins accelerator (10/22 bump fire stock) akins sold quite a few before the ATF reversed the twice approved product .. Almost instantly bankrupting Mr Akins
    any interpretation is up to them not you and you getting THEIR interpretation wrong will be very costly for YOU
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 05-24-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post

Selling a gun for a profit is perfectly legal...... They DO have a grey area as to when you are selling enough guns to warrant it being "a substantial portion of your income"....... Weasle wording if I ever heard any.......

Dan