Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Winchester 92

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    My father was a veteran of WWII who fought the Japanese in the Pacific Theater. After the war he frequently used terms like “Jap” and “Chink,” and I know he meant them to be racist.

Dad was a good man. I understood him, and never faulted him; it was war, after all. Eventually he got over it. But the war ended almost 70 years ago, Dad has passed away, and most of us here are too young to have been there.

The term “Japchester” makes me uncomfortable.
    I worked several years with a legally immigrated guy from Japan. He did not consider "Jap" racist but didn't care for "Nip". He often used the word Jap himself as an adjective talking about cars or food.

He was however a good natured guy that a got a good laugh when he would get gifts such as Godzilla videos or 8X10 pictures of McArthur on Pearl Harbor Day. Him and I got along fairly well even after him and his wife participated in the Million Mom March. He tried just one time to convert me to his side then never brought it up again.

Text deleted. I cannot see how to delete this post. Sorry for the noise.
    Rossi M92 Lever Action
    Taurus 669
    Kel-Tec P-3AT
    http://357shooter.blogspot.com/

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    My grandfather was civil service based at Pearl the morning the those northern pacific islanders arrived in their armed aircraft. My great grandfather served artillery in France WWI . My Dads brother served in Korea. My son went to Iraq and Afganistan. There's more family all the way to the Revolution.

I find it offensive that so many people are so easily offended by rather generic abreviated,hyphenated names for our favorite tools. I fail to see how the 92' reference is any different than calling it a Yugo/Turk/Check/-Mauser .

I have not seen the accuracy issues mentioned w/in the intended use ranges ,although the 452-252 SWC does seem to start to tumble beyond 50yd. Although it was good enough for 40 pace hogs. I will be trying other boolits of course to see if its a boolit or rifle issue.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

I really don't mean to cause anybody grief, and am not accusing anyone of anything. I just don't care for the word, and won't say anything else if you wish to continue using it.

Sincerely, Tom

Boolit Master

My apologies for the rant and jumping off track. I deleted the post.
    Last edited by azrednek; 05-21-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Boolit Master
    Guys.You don`t even want to know what two of my cousins and several family friends called the Japanese after coming home from serving in the Pacific from Start to finish.
    if I used the terms that they used we all would be shut down.
    Thanks to all who have posted to this thread.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    Would the charley davidsons be assembled by viet men?